Europe tour thread

Tom1447

Maybe they signed a contract with the promoters of the festival guaranteeing it was an exclusive to the festival? Not sure, but pretty sure thats whats happened with Iron Maiden only playing sonisphere in the UK this year and not doing an arena tour till next year.

• Replies 932
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Their only UK show this year

-- Download Festival 2006

Just sayin' is all.

Yhhh i mentioned that earlier, but someone claimed the download one said only festival and the reading one said only appearance, but you've proved them wrong.

Although ill be at Leeds, i really want to see them more than once, and hopefuly at an arena gig.

Just sayin' is all.

Yhhh i mentioned that earlier, but someone claimed the download one said only festival and the reading one said only appearance, but you've proved them wrong.

Although ill be at Leeds, i really want to see them more than once, and hopefuly at an arena gig.

I tried to find that Download press release but couldn't. Can you provide a link?

Just sayin' is all.

I tried to find that Download press release but couldn't. Can you provide a link?

Yeah I can't find a link to it either and would like to see it rather than just a quote.

Although Guns N' Roses played a headline set at the Leeds leg of the festival in 2002, this year marks the first time that they will have played the festival's Reading site. The band is set to headline the Reading leg on Aug. 27 and Leeds on Aug. 29. According to organizers, Festival Republic, the two shows will be the band's only U.K. appearances in 2010.

http://www.gnrdaily.com/news_detail.asp?id=2480

Depends where you get your info from as some sites say only UK Dates and others say Only UK Festival dates.

I'm starting to think I made a big mistake by not buying a Reading/Leeds ticket.

Patience my friend. Patience.

Besides I checked about two weeks back and you could still buy day tickets on ebay for like £70/80. My guess is if they're planning on doing 27/29 August for Reading and Leeds and Dublin on Sept 1st they'll have a few more english dates (Glasgow, Machester, London at the very least) in the week before the festival dates or the week following Dublin. Wanna check the dates of other gigs though to see if they'll squeeze us in

I'm starting to think I made a big mistake by not buying a Reading/Leeds ticket.

Besides I checked about two weeks back and you could still buy day tickets on ebay for like £70/80. My guess is if they're planning on doing 27/29 August for Reading and Leeds and Dublin on Sept 1st they'll have a few more english dates (Glasgow, Machester, London at the very least) in the week before the festival dates or the week following Dublin. Wanna check the dates of other gigs though to see if they'll squeeze us in

Yehhh, im going to leeds anyway but i want to go to an arena gig too. i have a feeling they'll announce a few english dates before reading/leeds, and that will be the start of the 2nd Europe Leg.

Yehhh, im going to leeds anyway but i want to go to an arena gig too. i have a feeling they'll announce a few english dates before reading/leeds, and that will be the start of the 2nd Europe Leg.

I swear there was a quote from Ashba saying they will do the second leg and then do a UK tour then Australia and then the USA next year but who knows.

I swear there was a quote from Ashba saying they will do the second leg and then do a UK tour then Australia and then the USA next year but who knows.

Yehh i read that over at newgnr.com, sounds promising if we get a full UK tour. :xmasssanta:

FUCK YES :D

Slash and Axl inside a month.. Very tempted to go to both the O2 and Odyssey gigs.

Haha, I am! :D Slash on 30th of June, Axl on 31st of August and 1st of September!

Has a Belfast date been confirmed?

I haven't seen it on Ticketmaster yet. The O2 gig is though.

Its on the odessey website front page ;)

Ah, awesome! :D

Can someone post the new dates, so i can update the first post.

31st August - Belfast, Northern Ireland

1st September - Dublin, Ireland

Ok created and updated the first post on the second leg,

what are all the shows on the first?