Guns N' Roses have new Manager

gunsguy

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Waits for the "Azoff clearly only wanted Axl to a reunion, that's why he's is gone, AFD LINE UP 4EVA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Actually, I suspect it was because of Azoff's duties as CEO of ticketmaster that led to his "departure". I can't imagine he'd have the time to put toward managing GnR....and I've always thought managing an act and being a TM executive (never mind CEO) was a conflict of interests.

dave would pay big money to see slash fuck his own solo's up like he's been doing lately

ignorant cunt :thumbsup:

You dont think a gnr reunion would be the biggest news in rock music in the past 10 years?/

Prolly, but who cares anymore? A reunion isn't realistic, doesn't matter who's alive or dead.

So Axl had one of the best managers in the biz and the guy is runs ticketmaster and Axl cuts ties with him for this Doc guy.

Doc is a yesman, and Az was not, that is why Az is gone.

Hopefully he did not burn any bridges, so he can get gigs in the US.

God, I knew this was you even before I looked over to see who'd written it. I think we're all so familiar now w/ your misguided negative rhetoric that you can give it a break now. Really.

Losing Azoff means losing Ticketmaster. Is this the proverbial kick in the balls? Or is it inconsequential?

Um....how so?

Ticketmaster is an intermediary, unless they're your promoter, too. I'm not sure they've "lost" Ticketmaster, per se, either.....

But what you have done is eliminate a potential MASSIVE conflict of interests. As a band, your manager is supposed to get you the best deal when it comes to touring.

As a TM exec, you're trying to get the best deal for TM (in either ticket sales deals with the promoter, or in terms of financial deal with an act as promoter).

You, potentially, had Azoff negotiating with himself in a 3 way deal. And, ultimately, he had to serve ONE master (and you know it wasn't going to be GnR at the end of the day).

So Axl had one of the best managers in the biz and the guy is runs ticketmaster and Axl cuts ties with him for this Doc guy.

God, I knew this was you even before I looked over to see who'd written it. I think we're all so familiar now w/ your misguided negative rhetoric that you can give it a break now. Really.

What did I say that was wrong? You dont think Doc is a yesman? Well he is for Gene Simmons. You really think if Axl has bad blood with Azroff that Az wont make it difficult for Axl to tour the states? He knows what a loose cannon Axl can be. Am I wrong if he and Axl left on good terms that it will be easy for Axl to tour the states?

How is any of that wrong?

All Azoff has to do is say to Axl he can tour the US but at ever show Axl needs to make a $1m deposite to cover any damanges that may occur if Axl no shows, and if Axl balks at that, he wont be able to play any major venues, and it will be like when Pearl Jam did not go through TM, they had to play barns and venues like that.

I am not saying Axl left on bad terms, I am saying if he did, it will be more difficult for him to tour the US, how is that wrong?

Edited by gnr-dave

I am not saying Axl left on bad terms, I am saying if he did, it will be more difficult for him to tour the US, how is that wrong?

Because:

Friendship is friendship, and business is business.

If Azoff (who, lets face it, wouldn't even be involved in that kind of low level negotiation as CEO) knows there's money to be made, he's not going to interfere strictly based on any ill will.

If Azoff thinks there's no money to be made, THAT will make his decision.

Otherwise, he's shirking his fiduciary responsibility to his stockholders and could not only lose his job, but face sanctions from the SEC.

And all that's assuming TM is the promoter. If they're not...they're not really assuming any risk. They're just renting out venues and/or acting as the ticket intermediary. And, provided the promoter agrees to their terms (which are pretty stock in that respect), they're not going to "lock out" GnR just because they're GnR. There's no profit in it.

Edited by pilferk

Because:

If Azoff (who, lets face it, wouldn't even be involved in that kind of low level negotiation as CEO) knows there's money to be made, he's not going to interfere strictly based on any ill will.

Otherwise, he's shirking his fiduciary responsibility to his stockholders and could not only lose his job, but face sanctions from the SEC.

And all that's assuming TM is the promoter. If they're not...they're not really assuming any risk. They're just renting out venues and/or acting as the ticket intermediary. And, provided the promoter agrees to their terms (which are pretty stock in that respect), they're not going to "lock out" GnR just because they're GnR. There's no profit in it.

Do you think there is money to be made in the US from Axls new gnr when their album sold 500k?

Do you think there is money to be made in the US from Axls new gnr when their album sold 500k?

Which doesn't really address the points in my post...but be that as it may:

There's no way to answer your question without a lot more information, and without taking a lot more into account than simply how many albums CD sold in the US.

The short answer is a qualified "Yes", depending on the specifics of the tour and HOW much money you're talking.

Is there money to be made playing every arena from North Dakota to Ohio? Maybe not.

The point is, though, that THAT'S the job of the band and their management: To find a promoter who thinks there's money to be made, and for them to then come together and figure out the best way to make it.

They seemed to be able to do it in Asia and Canada, and by all accounts those shows have been pretty successful. That's a nice feather in their cap when going to a US promoter.

Azoff's involvement with TM isn't going to make or break that effort, though.

Edited by pilferk

dave would pay big money to see slash fuck his own solo's up like he's been doing lately

ignorant cunt :thumbsup:

You dont think a gnr reunion would be the biggest news in rock music in the past 10 years?/

nope, seeing chinese democracy actually getting released is the biggest news in rock music since 1993.

plus, as much as i like slash's playing. he should stick to his newer stuff because he's not been doing well on the old guns stuff lately

Because:

Other bands make money with less.

Guns' tour has been profitable thus far and a lot of people in the states would go and see them.

I had no idea how active Axl has been on this Twitter thing. It's good to hear from him regularly and not just once a year like a little while back. It seems like he has formed kind of a close-knit, kin-like clique now with his regular entourage, plus Baz, and now Doc. Glad that he's onboard.

What did I say that was wrong? You dont think Doc is a yesman? Well he is for Gene Simmons. You really think if Axl has bad blood with Azroff that Az wont make it difficult for Axl to tour the states? He knows what a loose cannon Axl can be. Am I wrong if he and Axl left on good terms that it will be easy for Axl to tour the states?

How is any of that wrong?

All Azoff has to do is say to Axl he can tour the US but at ever show Axl needs to make a $1m deposite to cover any damanges that may occur if Axl no shows, and if Axl balks at that, he wont be able to play any major venues, and it will be like when Pearl Jam did not go through TM, they had to play barns and venues like that.

I don't think you fully understand the role of a manager. It's not to take over control of a band's career; it's to help a band go in the direction they want to go, and make as much $$$ as possible while doing so.

Azoff would never try and make it difficult for Axl to tour the States. Why? He'd only be making it difficult for himself to make $$$.

I had no idea how active Axl has been on this Twitter thing. It's good to hear from him regularly and not just once a year like a little while back. It seems like he has formed kind of a close-knit, kin-like clique now with his regular entourage, plus Baz, and now Doc. Glad that he's onboard.

I agree. He even hinted himself in that last message about being happy to be playing with these guys. Makes a huge difference.

Shit even the lowest selling rock act on any given label is touring the US, so the answer is yes.

Agree, of course the answer is yes.

However, we should realise that an US tour won´t be so sucessfull as an european or south america tour ... GNR is more appreciated outside US. I don´t wanna say GNR is not supported and pareciated there but they have more succes outside the USA right now ...

Azoff is probably damn near the most powerful man in the music industry. He can do what he wants. I don't think GNR leaving him will prevent them from touring but it couldn't hurt to have him in their corner. Maybe Doc can get the next album released exclusively to Wal-Mart like he did for KISS' Sonic Boom.

I don't see it ever being sold in Wal Mart, but I don't get why Target's not carrying it, or Borders.

Azoff is probably damn near the most powerful man in the music industry. He can do what he wants. I don't think GNR leaving him will prevent them from touring but it couldn't hurt to have him in their corner. Maybe Doc can get the next album released exclusively to Wal-Mart like he did for KISS' Sonic Boom.

We didn't have a good experience in the exclusive thing.