Guns N' Roses have new Manager

gunsguy

dave would pay big money to see slash fuck his own solo's up like he's been doing lately

ignorant cunt :thumbsup:

You dont think a gnr reunion would be the biggest news in rock music in the past 10 years?/

nope, seeing chinese democracy actually getting released is the biggest news in rock music since 1993.

plus, as much as i like slash's playing. he should stick to his newer stuff because he's not been doing well on the old guns stuff lately

No it wasnt, what planet were you living on? No one cared that it was released. It was not news at all. It was the biggest joke in rock that it finally came out after all that time and it sucked (in old school rock fans eyes not die hards on the boards). It was played on the radio for a few weeks and disapeared. If you would never even know CD was released by just listening to the radio.

Edited by gnr-dave

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a good thing. Doc has managed some good bands like KISS, Motley Crue, Skid Row, the Scorpions, and Bon Jovi. As far a as I think, this was a good move on the part of GN'R. Doc is a longtime manager, so he knows whats he's doing and how to do it. Hopefully with Doc they get bigger like before and release a new album during this year. For some reason after reading about Doc McGee becoming their manager, Axl tweeting about the current news and stuff and watching Knockin' on Heavens Door from the Rose Bar, I have a good feeling this band can go to new heights and be a household name again. But they'll have to get through the Slash lovers, Axl haters, reunion wanters, winers, the people who complain the Chineses Democracy isn't Guns N' Roses and the people who think this band isn't Gun N' Roses. That'll be a hard task, some people are just so stuck up and in the past, they can't admit this band is Gun N' Roses or forgive Axl for something he did 15 years ago.

I am not saying Axl left on bad terms, I am saying if he did, it will be more difficult for him to tour the US, how is that wrong?

Because:

Friendship is friendship, and business is business.

If Azoff (who, lets face it, wouldn't even be involved in that kind of low level negotiation as CEO) knows there's money to be made, he's not going to interfere strictly based on any ill will.

If Azoff thinks there's no money to be made, THAT will make his decision.

Otherwise, he's shirking his fiduciary responsibility to his stockholders and could not only lose his job, but face sanctions from the SEC.

And all that's assuming TM is the promoter. If they're not...they're not really assuming any risk. They're just renting out venues and/or acting as the ticket intermediary. And, provided the promoter agrees to their terms (which are pretty stock in that respect), they're not going to "lock out" GnR just because they're GnR. There's no profit in it.

Do you think there is money to be made in the US from Axls new gnr when their album sold 500k?

given the amount of people complaining that they couldnt get into the surprise gigs, yeah I'd say so

This is a good thing. Doc has managed some good bands like KISS, Motley Crue, Skid Row, the Scorpions, and Bon Jovi. As far a as I think, this was a good move on the part of GN'R. Doc is a longtime manager, so he knows whats he's doing and how to do it. Hopefully with Doc they get bigger like before and release a new album during this year. For some reason after reading about Doc McGee becoming their manager, Axl tweeting about the current news and stuff and watching Knockin' on Heavens Door from the Rose Bar, I have a good feeling this band can go to new heights and be a household name again. But they'll have to get through the Slash lovers, Axl haters, reunion wanters, winers, the people who complain the Chineses Democracy isn't Guns N' Roses and the people who think this band isn't Gun N' Roses. That'll be a hard task, some people are just so stuck up and in the past, they can't admit this band is Gun N' Roses or forgive Axl for something he did 15 years ago.

Does Axl care about GNR being a household name, or does he just want to hit the road and win people over with the live show?

Best late night talk show for GNR is Jimmy Kimmel, the location of where it's at, GNR can go into playing a full on concert for the audience if they felt like it, and would probably have them on all week long.

Larry King would be funny though, because he's completely clueless in interviews. I don't know why I'd want to see Larry interviewing them before they went on (although odds are he'd interview everyone BUT Axl because time would run out), but I think it would be one of the funniest interviews GNR could do.

So Axl had one of the best managers in the biz and the guy is runs ticketmaster and Axl cuts ties with him for this Doc guy.

Doc is a yesman, and Az was not, that is why Az is gone.

Hopefully he did not burn any bridges, so he can get gigs in the US.

Oh,so you know both of them personally? Does "Az" as you refer to him visit you much? how special, does he wear your BFF bracelet? :rolleyes:

Agree, of course the answer is yes.

However, we should realise that an US tour won´t be so sucessfull as an european or south america tour ... GNR is more appreciated outside US. I don´t wanna say GNR is not supported and pareciated there but they have more succes outside the USA right now ...

That largely depends on how a tour is run, how many dates are booked, and where.

Doing a gig in every state, or 20 - 30 shows, probably isn't going to work out so well. You're diluting your audience (something they DIDN'T do in Europe, Asia, Canada, etc). If they stick to 12 to 15 dates, in big population centers...they're likely going to do quite well.

Azoff is probably damn near the most powerful man in the music industry. He can do what he wants. I don't think GNR leaving him will prevent them from touring but it couldn't hurt to have him in their corner. Maybe Doc can get the next album released exclusively to Wal-Mart like he did for KISS' Sonic Boom.

Azoff isn't NEARLY the most powerful man in music.....let's not exagerate. TM is a powerful force in live entertainment (sports, music, live shows) and they own a butt load of venues. But "most powerful" is a vast overstatement....considering that his ultimate loyalty is to his shareholders, to whom he has a fiduciary responsibility to do everything he can to make a profit. He can't shirk that over any sort of personal grudge.

Remember, TM isn't just music...and Azoff, as CEO, has bigger fish to fry than GnR. That's rather the point, and probably largely the reason they parted company.

He's not going to involve himself in direct negotiations with an act, a promoter, or over a single venue. That's not how business works, and it's not how TM, in particular, works. There are other people handling those things. And Azoff's not going to send off a company wide blast email blackballing GnR.....

And having him "in their corner" was easily as much a disadvantage (to the BAND) as it would have been an advantage. You're talking about an incestuous negotiation where Azoff's ultimate loyalty would lie with TM, not GnR.

Edited by pilferk

Azoff is probably damn near the most powerful man in the music industry. He can do what he wants. I don't think GNR leaving him will prevent them from touring but it couldn't hurt to have him in their corner. Maybe Doc can get the next album released exclusively to Wal-Mart like he did for KISS' Sonic Boom.

Azoff isn't NEARLY the most powerful man in music.....let's not exagerate. TM is a powerful force in live entertainment (sports, music, live shows) and they own a butt load of venues. But "most powerful" is a vast overstatement....considering that his ultimate loyalty is to his shareholders, to whom he has a fiduciary responsibility to do everything he can to make a profit. He can't shirk that over any sort of personal grudge.

Remember, TM isn't just music...and Azoff, as CEO, has bigger fish to fry than GnR. That's rather the point, and probably largely the reason they parted company.

He's not going to involve himself in direct negotiations with an act, a promoter, or over a single venue. That's not how business works, and it's not how TM, in particular, works. There are other people handling those things. And Azoff's not going to send off a company wide blast email blackballing GnR.....

And having him "in their corner" was easily as much a disadvantage (to the BAND) as it would have been an advantage. You're talking about an incestuous negotiation where Azoff's ultimate loyalty would lie with TM, not GnR.

good post :thumbsup:

great to hear about the new management, for those who don't know what Doc McGhee looks like, you can see him say some stuff about Axl in this video at :40 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jj4x8Kvf-HA

Let's not let Dexter see that video!

I have never seen that before and I'd have to agree, lets keep this vid away from dexter! They don't even include the racism, wife abuse, Vancouver riots and constant late show up! But what I don't understand is he is only 7th on the list of hell raisers, he should surly be number 1

It's really funny how people on that thread have still not looked at that video and keep saying how great this Doc guy is. Hahahahaha!

great to hear about the new management, for those who don't know what Doc McGhee looks like, you can see him say some stuff about Axl in this video at :40 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jj4x8Kvf-HA

I have never seen that before and I'd have to agree, lets keep this vid away from dexter! They don't even include the racism, wife abuse, Vancouver riots and constant late show up! But what I don't understand is he is only 7th on the list of hell raisers, he should surly be number 1

It's really funny how people on that thread have still not looked at that video and keep saying how great this Doc guy is. Hahahahaha!

I actually looked at the video and have seen it before; from what I remember that's part of a documentary or something.

Quite obviously Doc & Axl have come to some sort of understanding!

yeah is why when PJ took on TM they had to play barns in maine right?

I actually looked at the video and have seen it before; from what I remember that's part of a documentary or something.

yeah they both know how insane Axl is

T R O L L

:fuckyou:

T R O L L

Did you even watch that video?

Even Doc pretty much says how crazy Axl is.

Are they all cupcakes too?

T R O L L

You failed reading comprehension didn't you? That having been said, I refuse to argue w/ a cupcake.

T R O L L

You failed reading comprehension didn't you? That having been said, I refuse to argue w/ a cupcake.

So when Doc says Axl has been mad and crazy since he could talk, hmmmm what does that mean to you??

I dont think you are very good at comprehension

...and with Azoff gone, the reunionists can kiss their precious reunion goodbye.

Not like it was ever going to happen anyway. :rofl-lol:

Hooray!! It means the young folks here will never get to experience GNR's greatness...... All they'll have is Axl's Fakepit

:lol:

Yeak I know man, being bitter over something that ended over a decade ago or supporting a band that is currently very fucking active, tough call..........

Don't get me wrong, I'm not bitter at all. Just amused by some silly comments.........

I think it's cute how sometimes those TOP whatever lists and music shows about the band have completely unaffiliated and unrelated people on, taking cheap shots and basically reiterating everything the media has been saying for years... having watched hundreds of interviews/shows/clips over the years (like many of you here), it makes me realize how silly and idiotic these shows are but for some whatever reason I just like to watch them, because they are in a way connected to the band and Axl

it's kind of hypocritical I guess, I mean I think they're complete bullshit, but I still watch them, it's weird, maybe it's been induced by the fact that there wasn't much new information around and you find yourself watching/listening to the same things all over again...

I think it's cute how sometimes those TOP whatever lists and music shows about the band have completely unaffiliated and unrelated people on, taking cheap shots and basically reiterating everything the media has been saying for years... having watched hundreds of interviews/shows/clips over the years (like many of you here), it makes me realize how silly and idiotic these shows are but for some whatever reason I just like to watch them, because they are in a way connected to the band and Axl

it's kind of hypocritical I guess, I mean I think they're complete bullshit, but I still watch them, it's weird, maybe it's been induced by the fact that there wasn't much new information around and you find yourself watching/listening to the same things all over again...

Totally agree...

Anyway, I think this happens very often with monster bands like GNR, I mean, press lies even when they are proven falses, keeps in people´s minds growing up from a grain of salt to a big snow ball