What are you listening to right now?

Rock_And_Roll_Over

• Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Between The Buried And Me- Selkies: The Endless Obsession

That is an EXCELLENT ALBUM!!!! I just think the screaming ruins it for me a little.

You adjust to it. I always hated screaming and disregarded it, but as I listened to metal for the musicianship, I eventually grew to like the vocal style. It's a great expression of anger, and in the case of this song, it's juxtaposes well with the beautiful guitar solo at the end.

Listening to Protest the Hero's Nautical.

That is an EXCELLENT ALBUM!!!! I just think the screaming ruins it for me a little.

You adjust to it. I always hated screaming and disregarded it, but as I listened to metal for the musicianship, I eventually grew to like the vocal style. It's a great expression of anger, and in the case of this song, it's juxtaposes well with the beautiful guitar solo at the end.

No I dont mind screaming(but its not my preferred vocal style) I just dont like the screaming on the album.

The song's just an excellent sonic representation of the whole Selkies myth, creatures brought into the craziness of human society and made subservient by force, hence all the dischord and screaming in the first half of the song, then in the second half they escape and return to the ocean. It's a first-rate idea and beautifully executed.