What is the greatest album of alltime?

SunnyDRE

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone else sometimes thinks this section's been taken over by a bunch of smug douchebags competing over who likes GNR least? No? Just me? Alright, forget it.

True. Fucking elitists.

Anyway, my personal all time favourite record is Pearl Jam's "Ten". It's not just an album to me, it's so much more...

Anyone else sometimes thinks this section's been taken over by a bunch of smug douchebags competing over who likes GNR least? No? Just me? Alright, forget it.

True. Fucking elitists.

There's nothing wrong with being an elitist. But making a big deal out of it and shoving it in other people's faces just makes you an asshole.

I love so many albums from Let It Be to The Colour and the Shape. I am not qualified to say what the best is, so....

My personal favorite is - Diorama by Silverchair. It is just a beautiful album. Wait for it..........EPIC! Big fan of CD also

Guest floyd the barber

well uhm... Chinese Democracy? :wub:

I'd have to disagree. Chinese Democracy only had two songs worth listening to.

Well isn't that fantastic to know, thanks for sharing.

Anytime jackass.

Pearl Jam .- No code

:)

very random pick.

i'm going to have to give that album a re-listen.

I'd rate that album as my second favourite PJ album, "Ten" being 1.1. and "No code" 1.2. :D

So many amazing songs on that album, too. It took me a good while to get into it, but it's damn near perfection imo.

It seems to me that some of you feel the need to list overestimated BS like the VU just2seem bright.Pathetic,you should express your real tastes,not the formated 'sacred' one that ain't truer than what you feel.

Overestimated? If that album wasn't made, most of the post-'60s artists you listen to wouldn't be around.

I'm sorry man but this is BULLSHIT. Are we talking about that Velvet Underground album with the banana artwork on it? Truth is, only elitists judge this album as great and it's supposed to have influenced major bands. Fact is, this is not true. The Beatles, The Kinks, The Rolling Stones, Pink Floyd, Jimi Hendrix, those are some of the 60's artists that set things in motion for rock as for some of the bands I listen to. Aerosmith, AC/DC n ' Black Sabbath (though I only enjoy the albums with Ozzy) for the 70's. Velvet Underground is overestimated crap and I'm really sick of seeing it listed basically everywhere as a reference, well truth is, it makes me laugh; I'm seeing the same lists of best albums of all time and this shit keeps popping up (U2 is a different story, I guess they really move a lot of people but I just can't get into it), this is really hilarious, like there is some album YOU HAVE TO LIKE or you are a loser. Give me interviews where Axl said Velvet Underground influenced him, I really don't think so, I think his references are Queen, Black Sabbath, AC/DC, Elton John and Aerosmith. As for Muse it's Rage against the machine. Was Zach de la Rocca influenced by VU? Nope.

I understand if some people really dig it, but I doubt so many people really love it, I think most people just read stuff here and there and convince themselves it's great because it's old and that many people list it as a reference, kind of like Hitchcock movies and stuff, it's the same problem.

Express your personal tastes like Sunny Dre did, see I don't enjoy discussing with Sunny Dre but at least he lists the albums he really enjoys. The sad thing is that he wastes so much time on a gnr fan board and that gnr is far from being his favourite band and that he despises the current line up, but hey that's another problem.

It seems to me that some of you feel the need to list overestimated BS like the VU just2seem bright.Pathetic,you should express your real tastes,not the formated 'sacred' one that ain't truer than what you feel.

Overestimated? If that album wasn't made, most of the post-'60s artists you listen to wouldn't be around.

I'm sorry man but this is BULLSHIT. Are we talking about that Velvet Underground album with the banana artwork on it? Truth is, only elitists judge this album as great and it's supposed to have influenced major bands. Fact is, this is not true. The Beatles, The Kinks, The Rolling Stones, Pink Floyd, Jimi Hendrix, those are some of the 60's artists that set things in motion for rock as for some of the bands I listen to. Aerosmith, AC/DC n ' Black Sabbath (though I only enjoy the albums with Ozzy) for the 70's. Velvet Underground is overestimated crap and I'm really sick of seeing it listed basically everywhere as a reference, well truth is, it makes me laugh; I'm seeing the same lists of best albums of all time and this shit keeps popping up (U2 is a different story, I guess they really move a lot of people but I just can't get into it), this is really hilarious, like there is some album YOU HAVE TO LIKE or you are a loser. Give me interviews where Axl said Velvet Underground influenced him, I really don't think so, I think his references are Queen, Black Sabbath, AC/DC, Elton John and Aerosmith. As for Muse it's Rage against the machine. Was Zach de la Rocca influenced by VU? Nope.

I understand if some people really dig it, but I doubt so many people really love it, I think most people just read stuff here and there and convince themselves it's great because it's old and that many people list it as a reference, kind of like Hitchcock movies and stuff, it's the same problem.

Express your personal tastes like Sunny Dre did, see I don't enjoy discussing with Sunny Dre but at least he lists the albums he really enjoys. The sad thing is that he wastes so much time on a gnr fan board and that gnr is far from being his favourite band and that he despises the current line up, but hey that's another problem.

:lol:

Guest Len B'stard
I'm sorry man but this is BULLSHIT. Are we talking about that Velvet Underground album with the banana artwork on it? Truth is, only elitists judge this album as great

Greatness and elitism come hand in hand.

and it's supposed to have influenced major bands. Fact is, this is not true

Despite their saying so?

The Beatles, The Kinks, The Rolling Stones, Pink Floyd, Jimi Hendrix, those are some of the 60's artists that set things in motion for rock as for some of the bands I listen to.

Maybe you should look into your Pink Floyd history a little then ;)

Velvet Underground is overestimated crap and I'm really sick of seeing it listed basically everywhere as a reference, well truth is, it makes me laugh

Really? You might wanna go to a doctor with that.

I'm seeing the same lists of best albums of all time and this shit keeps popping up

Well it would have to if they were the same, wouldn't it?

Give me interviews where Axl said Velvet Underground influenced him, I really don't think so, I think his references are Queen, Black Sabbath, AC/DC, Elton John and Aerosmith. As for Muse it's Rage against the machine. Was Zach de la Rocca influenced by VU?

So Axl Rose and Zach De La Rocca are the yardstick of musical validity now? How gives a flying fuck whether Axl Rose likes or dislikes something, how about having your own taste? Sorry, thats elitism, isn't it?

Right, i suppose all Hitchcock fans are elitists now too, right? Nothing to do with his absolute mastery of his chosen field or anything i'm sure.

The only difference i see between you and these mythical elitists of lore that you're talking about is that you worship different Gods...and thats it.