Do you think Axl will ever take three years off again?

John Bonham

Taking 3 years off? For what?

2008, he did nothing, literally nothing. And 2007 consited of about a month of touring. 2009, he did 4 total dates. So there's three years right there where he was not exactly working his fingers to the bone.

A tour of America? Hard to see right now. Axl is a very vain person and I think seeing half filled areans of people not excited about the new songs was not too fucking pleasant. I don't know he's looking forward to doing that again.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2008, he did nothing, literally nothing.

Nothing?! So, I guess denying having knowledge that your guitarist left the band (again), suing Dr Pepper, and talking badly about a guy that you haven't seen or spoken to in 14 years via internet chats counts as nothing?

And 2007 consited of about a month of touring.

But he only toured for a month out of respect to his fans. Remember, he wanted to get back in the studio to put the "finishing touches" on the album.

2009, he did 4 total dates.

Yeah, but he debuted Prostitute live for the first time ever. That cancels out the fact that he only performed four shows live in 2009.

A tour of America? Hard to see right now. Axl is a very vain person and I think seeing half filled areans of people not excited about the new songs was not too fucking pleasant. I don't know he's looking forward to doing that again.

Yup.

Nothing?! So, I guess denying having knowledge that your guitarist left the band (again), suing Dr Pepper, and talking badly about a guy that you haven't seen or spoken to in 14 years via internet chats counts as nothing?

But he only toured for a month out of respect to his fans. Remember, he wanted to get back in the studio to put the "finishing touches" on the album.

Yeah, but he debuted Prostitute live for the first time ever. That cancels out the fact that he only performed four shows live in 2009.

Yup.

Steven Adler blew guys for drug money.

The next album will be out this year.

i hope your right and i dont have anything against CD...... Great fuckin album but this band touring is a cover band for

the whole GNR catalog !!!! :shrugs: Two bad axl lost every talent his work with in the past 25 years !!! :thumbsup:

if you where famous....I bet you did worst things in life but your a nobody so no one cares about you !!!! :huh:

Yup.

Steven Adler blew guys for drug money.

Frank said in a video interview they plan to hit America in the fall or late summer, one of those two at least. That shows they are at least looking into it.

IIRC, that vid was also taken BEFORE any news of Azoff's lawsuit against Axl surfaced. It could be a little more difficult for Axl to get a US Tour going now. I'm not saying it'll be impossible, just maybe a little more difficult.

Axl has already toured CD in the USA twice, 2002 & 2006. I hope he decides to put out a new album and properly promote it and such before doing another US Tour.

Edited by tat2d1

Frank said in a video interview they plan to hit America in the fall or late summer, one of those two at least. That shows they are at least looking into it.

IIRC, that vid was also taken BEFORE any news of Azoff's lawsuit against Axl surfaced. It could be a little more difficult for Axl to get a US Tour going now. I'm not saying it'll be impossible, just maybe a little more difficult.

Right.

I think that lawsuit is going to play a big part, in getting new album funded and getting a us tour going.

I don't think 2 million dollars would be something that Axl could afford to laugh out.

Seems like Axl is intent on getting the maximum touring mileage out of Chinese Democracy. Can't see him dropping another album during a tour, because that would negate the reason for another tour and another chance to make money.

I fully expect another album and another tour in the next three years, but after that, it may be lights out.

Nahhh. I really believe that Axl truly enjoy touring and performing. I think he will go on in one way or another until he can not walk around anymore.

Seems like Axl is intent on getting the maximum touring mileage out of Chinese Democracy. Can't see him dropping another album during a tour, because that would negate the reason for another tour and another chance to make money.

I fully expect another album and another tour in the next three years, but after that, it may be lights out.

Nahhh. I really believe that Axl truly enjoy touring and performing. I think he will go on in one way or another until he can not walk around anymore.

Man his 48 not 58 ..... He has ten good years in him so lets hope AXL can just get back to being Badass front man on the plant :devil:

I think he has to put out another album this year and keep the momentum going. If he waits 3 or 4 years he loses all momentum and it'll be like just starting over again, only less people will care. It'd most likely be reunion or death at that point. Kind of like what happened to Van Halen after they did that album with the singer of Extreme. Axl really needs to start pushing this band if he wants to keep going on an arena type level.

Axl really needs to start pushing this band if he wants to keep going on an arena type level.

He'll NEVER get back to an "arena" type deal in the US without the original band and a new single/record. As long as he's going to stay the course with this new thing, he's destined for the underground.

Axl really needs to start pushing this band if he wants to keep going on an arena type level.

He'll NEVER get back to an "arena" type deal in the US without the original band and a new single/record. As long as he's going to stay the course with this new thing, he's destined for the underground.

than why would he care about touring us while he's still loved around the world?

2010 - More of the same. Another Chinese Democracy world tour. Most of the "new songs" that they are playing have been played live since as early as 2001. Not surprisingly, no NA tour dates announced.

where the fuck is canada?

I think he has to put out another album this year and keep the momentum going. If he waits 3 or 4 years he loses all momentum and it'll be like just starting over again, only less people will care. It'd most likely be reunion or death at that point. Kind of like what happened to Van Halen after they did that album with the singer of Extreme. Axl really needs to start pushing this band if he wants to keep going on an arena type level.

Axl does not care. If people like the music he makes and support him and the new band, great. If they don't, I really don't think he gives a fuck. CD sold under a million copies in the US, but does that make it any less great? Momentum does not matter. Like Baz says, he is motivated by his art, not by money.

Edited by ShadowOfTheWave

Axl does not care. If people like the music he makes and support him and the new band, great. If they don't, I really don't think he gives a fuck. CD sold under a million copies in the US, but does that make it any less great? Momentum does not matter. Like Baz says, he is motivated by his art, not by money.

... First off how old r ya honestly?

...second where ya from? ...Child planet? :rofl-lol:

Captain Reality calling Earth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

...Axl Rose doesn't live in 1994 when he just could burn his money, when magazines and music channels were able to pay him a FAT CASH just to hear him speaking something stupid...!

...times have changed...U.S.A is still facing a crazy crisis and teens are thinking of Lady Gaga concerts over there!

...Mr Rose is another human being who gotta pay the bills, he doesn't live into the twilight zone...! he even needs money to eat everyday just like us all !

...so I'm so sure he's very worried about how much he must earn this time just to survive...da music piracy changed his life, fitting NYC is full of unplowed people right now and it gives nothing good to NEW GNR and other celebrities in e.e.u.u !

now r u on earth again? ...ANY CLUE AT ALL? ... :confused:

I honestly have no idea... We're just gonna have to wait and see.

d'ya honestly have to wait and see something that's in front of u? :rolleyes:

...c'mon...let's agree that time have changed and Mr Rose isn't a star who's outta reach anymore!

:no:

than why would he care about touring us while he's still loved around the world?

Ego? Stubbornness? Personally, I have no idea and I don't even TRY to understand it. If I were him, I'd do club shows because that's what the current US market dictates. Yeah, it's awesome playing arenas but I mean, you can't just WILL people to your shows and what promoter in their right mind's going to put up with it?

And as for the "loved around the world" statement, that's only half true. Take a look at the numbers for the Argentina 93 show (the final one for the old band) and compare it their recent numbers. In 1993, they drew more then 80,000 people. In 2010, it was around 35,000.

Respectful numbers, sure....but nothing compared to the way it use to be.

Ego? Stubbornness? Personally, I have no idea and I don't even TRY to understand it. If I were him, I'd do club shows because that's what the current US market dictates. Yeah, it's awesome playing arenas but I mean, you can't just WILL people to your shows and what promoter in their right mind's going to put up with it?

And as for the "loved around the world" statement, that's only half true. Take a look at the numbers for the Argentina 93 show (the final one for the old band) and compare it their recent numbers. In 1993, they drew more then 80,000 people. In 2010, it was around 35,000.

Respectful numbers, sure....but nothing compared to the way it use to be.

The Argentina '93 show was with Slash who was an original gunner, that's not a fair comparison imo.

I believe there will be a US tour this year, but I don't think CD2 is close to release at all...

Edited by Rovim