The Great Divide. Where Do You Stand?

rockrecord

The Great Divide.

As you read through this thread, you will soon discover that there are people who adamentally oppose mashups and those who love them. Both sides are very clear about there positions.

Where do you stand?

Edited by rockrecord

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

holy shit.! .I just sang along to a chinese democracy song for the first time since 1987!

Well that's clearly bollocks. We're all sick of your mashup worship. It's ridiculous. One is cool. The other two suck. They're not that interesting. It's just something fan-made for fun.

Give it up. This is one gimmick this forum certainly doesn't need.

Unfortunately, the public does not agree with you. I do not want to be unkind. We are all very excited about these mashups. For the first time in eternity we get to hear the full chemistry of the key elements of the original band and it means a lot to us, simply because we can hear it.

I am truly sorry if you don't get it.

The public? The public cares even less about these mashups than they cared about Chinese Democracy in the first place. Which believe me, is not a lot. You can't pull together elements from different songs and create chemistry. Sure, If The World/Slither is pretty good, but not as good as either song. It's definately not as good as Slither anyway. If there ever is a remix album, I will be very interested in it, but this is fanmade mediocre shit until then. If you shed a tear over it, then perhaps the internet isn't the best place for you sorry ass.

And in regards to everyone being excited? Bollocks. I think you should add another vote for who would be more interested in a leak from the next album or poorly constructed out of key mashups from the last.

Edited by Conor

Unfortunately, the public does not agree with you. I do not want to be unkind. We are all very excited about these mashups. For the first time in eternity we get to hear the full chemistry of the key elements of the original band and it means a lot to us, simply because we can hear it.

I am truly sorry if you don't get it.

The public? The public cares even less about these mashups than they cared about Chinese Democracy in the first place. Which believe me, is not a lot. You can't pull together elements from different songs and create chemistry. Sure, If The World/Slither is pretty good, but not as good as either song. It's definately not as good as Slither anyway. If there ever is a remix album, I will be very interested in it, but this is fanmade mediocre shit until then.

If you shed a tear over it, then perhaps the internet isn't the best place for you sorry ass.

:thumbsup:

holy shit.! .I just sang along to a chinese democracy song for the first time since 1987!

Well that's clearly bollocks. We're all sick of your mashup worship. It's ridiculous. One is cool. The other two suck. They're not that interesting. It's just something fan-made for fun.

This.

Stop with these mashups. The if the world/slither one was entertaining to listen to once, the rest are crap, and they generally are pointless. I'd far rather listen to the individual songs

Stop with these mashups. The if the world/slither one was entertaining to listen to once, the rest are crap, and they generally are pointless. I'd far rather listen to the individual songs

As would I, meanwhile I'll patiently wait for the mods to close and/or move this piece of shit thread as they have the other two. :lol: