The Great Divide. Where Do You Stand?

rockrecord

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just like chinese, they take a couple of listens to get use to.

No. Because they arent songs. They dont have an underlying feeling or anything, it's a mashup. It's remix. It's shitty. Most of them arent even in the same key, hell I only like one, and even then it's not that good.

They are put together in a reasonably professional manner. The key signature integration is correct. They have cohesion and a linear momentum. They are true gnr rock songs

They are what gnr would sound like today if they reunited, or better, never broke up to begin with.

They are put together in a reasonably professional manner. The key signature integration is correct. They have cohesion and a linear momentum. They are true gnr rock songs

They are what gnr would sound like today if they reunited, or better, never broke up to begin with.

No they wouldnt, Axl wouldnt let Slither and ITW be one song. They have nothing in common.

The new one is amazing, best one of them all, damn its catchy

you can truly see why we call for a reunion. Slash and axl are meant to play together.

and you are meant to last a few more days here

seriously dude, you're even a bigger joke than i am and that says a lot

anyway, those mash-ups sucked, no offense to the one who made them but seriously, lyrics didn't fit the music AT ALL

no offense to the one who made them but seriously, lyrics didn't fit the music AT ALL

Big part of that is the listener's mind, if you know both the songs used, and have listened to them as much as I imagine most here have, your mind fights to correct what vocals or chords should be happening.

Play them for a norm, and I doubt they'd have a clue it's a mashup.

no offense to the one who made them but seriously, lyrics didn't fit the music AT ALL

Big part of that is the listener's mind, if you know both the songs used, and have listened to them as much as I imagine most here have, your mind fights to correct what vocals or chords should be happening.

A very good point indeed!

Most could generally hear the difference in sound between the vocals and the music itself. It's an obvious difference especially in these half-assed mash-up's.

The mash-ups are going mainstream. Anitmusic has picked up the story on them. They speak very highly of them.

Axl's voice and Slash's guitar complement each other perfectly. You can tell by these remixes that a new album from Axl and Slash would totally rock and would beat anything either has done post 1993.

http://www.antimusic.com/news/10/aug/13Guns_N_Roses_Virtual_Reunion.shtml

The mash-ups are going mainstream. Anitmusic has picked up the story on them. They speak very highly of them.

Axl's voice and Slash's guitar complement each other perfectly. You can tell by these remixes that a new album from Axl and Slash would totally rock and would beat anything either has done post 1993.

http://www.antimusic.com/news/10/aug/13Guns_N_Roses_Virtual_Reunion.shtml

yawn