Details of the first posthumous Michael Jackson album revealed.

Towelie

V Exclusive: New MJ Album To Include Tracks By will.i.am, Teddy Riley & Rodney Jerkins

Posted 8-10-2010 11:05 am

With the recent news that an all-new Michael Jackson album featuring 10 unreleased tracks is set to drop this November, more insight into the anticipated project has surfaced.

According to the late King of Pop’s Estate administrator John Branca, the upcoming collection is set to feature an all-star roster of producers.

“We are finishing up the album as we speak,” Branca tells VIBE. “There will be some will.i.am, Teddy Riley and Rodney Jerkins songs. We don’t want to put 10 unrelated songs together. We want to put together an album that fits well.”

While Branca, Jackson’s longtime lawyer, would not give any specifics on the tracks, he says that the legendary performer was very hands-on during the recording process.

“Some of the songs Mike were working on by himself. Michael always over-recorded. A song like 'Billie Jean' was supposed to be on the Off The Wall album, but for whatever reason his team didn’t think it was strong enough. So there’s plenty of good new material for this upcoming project.”

Guest Len B'stard

I was about to be really rude about Jacko but now i seen your avatar and your Bernard Brooke Partridge quote i can see that you're one of the enlightened so i'll refrain :lol:

These posthumous albums are usually crap.

It's MJ, so I have a bit more faith in his posthumous material.

Maybe it'll be good. I just hope his posthumous career doesn't evolve into a clusterfuck of atrocious remixes and unfinished material, like Pac's.

Hendrix's new one was good.

usually

Edited by Lithium

Agreed

I think Michael's posthumous discography will make 2pac's look like shit in terms of quantity...quality? Who knows, prolly about even actually.

I think the problem with Michael's posthumous stuff, will actually getting around the legal BS and getting it released.

Alot of people talk crap about 2pac's stuff, but I'm glad his estate was able to work with Death Row and actually get it out there.

There are some gems to be found on some of those albums.

Agreed

I think Michael's posthumous discography will make 2pac's look like shit in terms of quantity...quality? Who knows, prolly about even actually.

I think the problem with Michael's posthumous stuff, will actually getting around the legal BS and getting it released.

Alot of people talk crap about 2pac's stuff, but I'm glad his estate was able to work with Death Row and actually get it out there.

No doubt, as with everything dealing with the Jacko estate. Legal hassle.

Yeah, 2pac's posthumous stuff has some good shit to be found for sure but it's like a new fucking record every year! No wonder people think this fucker is still up and about :lol:

Agreed

Yeah, 2pac's posthumous stuff has some good shit to be found for sure but it's like a new fucking record every year! No wonder people think this fucker is still up and about :lol:

Yeah

I admit - I visit TMZ frequently, and seems like everyday there is some kinda lawsuit/legal wrangely going on with Micheal's Estate/Will.

Also, not to sound morbid or anything, but can imagine the legal BS that will go down when you know who kicks the bucket...........lol.

I bet his posthumous release's will put everybody to shame.

Agreed

Yeah

I admit - I visit TMZ frequently, and seems like everyday there is some kinda lawsuit/legal wrangely going on with Micheal's Estate/Will.

Also, not to sound morbid or anything, but can imagine the legal BS that will go down when you know who kicks the bucket...........lol.

I bet his posthumous release's will put everybody to shame.

If that's what it takes...:shrugs:

Guest Len B'stard

Lets be clear about this. Typically an album is the artistic vision of an artist, he wanted this there, that there, that cowbell ringing at the beginning of such and such a song etc.

Posthumous albums, unless of course the work is already in the can beforehand are basically a vocal track that someone else has put a beat to and 500 guest featuring artists to cover over the fact that you've only got one verse worth of vocal track and the rest is someone elses doing and these albums generally tend to be an awful disservice to the artists in question.

Also, its an ad infinitum process because as long as there's a few scraps worth of recording, however small and insignificant or even badly done, you can keep the money machine rolling by pulling some awful character like Irv Gotti or Dr Dre out of a hat and get them to make a song out of something that might've been Michael doing some vocal exercises after a bout of laryngitis or something.

It's ridiculous and bordering on grave robbing to my mind because, for example, for better or worse Better Days or...Thug Angel Passion whatever are now considered Tupac albums and they're filled with stuff that, more than likely, Tupac thought was a steaming turd.

Basically, its a bunch of fuckin chickenhawks preying on a dead persons work.

Edited by sugaraylen

He was such a perfectionist.

yeah, that really showed on invincible

Yeah pick the one album that didn't do so well and forget about all the masterpieces he did :rolleyes:

Invincible is a pretty good record, imo.

I think what turns fans off, is that instead of being a pop record, Jackson goes in more of a R&B direction.

Think Off the Wall.

25th Aniversary Thriller album had some brilliant remixes on, don't knock it till you've tried it.

I love that version of PYT. The real demo is on the ultimate collection boxset, it's amazing.

I just feel weird listening to him now that he's gone. It doesn't feel the same anymore, can't really enjoy it like I used to.

He was such a perfectionist.

yeah, that really showed on invincible

Yeah pick the one album that didn't do so well and forget about all the masterpieces he did :rolleyes:

some of the tracks on invincible are absolutely mindblowing, but the filler is really crap. same goes for HIStory and dangerous. dude should've kept the thriller formula (100% crackers (yes, even the macca track)) instead of cramming the albums with shit songs.

jmo though, keep on truckin'

• 3 weeks later...

The songs on Blood On The Dance Floor were fantastic.

My favourite MJ album ever along with OTW. Invincible is decent if you get rid of some of the crap ballads and some of the slower songs.