I'm sure some of you have drifted away from gnr as your favorite band

Inverted Mind

but you will always have a special place in your heart for gnr.

But who is your new favorite artist/band?

I was a die hard fan, I have an appetite cross on my shoulder, I just don't have the same tolerance to listen to gnr over and over again that I used to.

So now it's an "every now and then" treat.

My new favorites are The Killers. And Brandon Flowers. I am so crazy stoked about his album coming out in September.

I'll always have a special place for gnr though, they really got me into music and playing it.

That's an American Psycho thread, so clearly it's shit. We'll stick with this one.

But anyway, Gn'R were never my Number 1. They're Number 3 on my Top, and I believe they're going to always be there. Before them is U2, and at Number 1 is Ozzy and Black Sabbath. Then in Fourth Place comes Nine Inch Nails and Fifth Place I still haven't decided on.

I've not got a favourite band - but lately I've been listening to a lot of modest mouse, public image ltd and arcade fire.

Last favourite band I had was Kasabian, before that Oasis, before that The Clash and before that GN'R. But I haven't had favourites for atleast a year.

number 1 for me has been and always will be AC/DC. I'd say it looks like this right now:

1 a. AC/DC (even though I don't listen to them as much anymore, they'll always have that spot)

1 b. State Radio (my current most listened to band. I really can't stress enough that these guys need to be checked out)

3. Rage Against The Machine

the rest is jumbled from there, but GNR remains in the top ten. To be fair they never were truly my number 1.

I guess GN'R is still my favourite band, since I've never actually got tired of them, whereas I get tired of most other bands after a couple of months. If it I had to pick someone else besides GN'R, I would probably go with either David Bowie, Neil Young or Ben Harper, because they're one of the few artist that I don't get tired of listening to, along with GN'R.

Edited by Gods Favourite

GNR are still probably my all time favourite, although it might be joint with In Flames now, I certainly listen to In Flames a lot more, a lot more than any other artist, but their back catalogue's much bigger than GNR's and I'd probably say i enjoy GNR's live shows more.

1.GNR/In Flames

3.Runrig

4.Coheed and Cambria

5.Anberlin

6.James

7.Porcupine Tree

8.The Proclaimers

9.Mumford & Sons

10.Eagles

Nice and varied, I think.

i can't rate bands anymore. all i know for sure is that Elvis is my favorite.

when i'm in the mood for GNR nothing else sounds better. but, i could say the same thing for Thin Lizzy, Cheap Trick, Motley Crue, Dwight Yoakam, AC/DC, Journey, or The Cars. sometimes Faith No More does the trick.

i've been on a Thin Lizzy kick lately. before that it was Priest. before that i had an old Metallica phase. before that i was into all things Dio related and Rainbow was constantly playing. then i got the Deluxe Editions of "Heaven and Hell" and "Mob Rules" and those two albums were the greatest of all time.

i got to say, i've spent alot of hours on GNR since 1987. and i've spent alot of hours on them since 2006 as well. i love CD.

Edited by artfromtex