Ashba has embarrassed himself

spunko12345

The promoter should have told them that he would pull the plug if they violated curfew when they worked out the deal for GNR to play Reading and Leeds. Waiting a few days before the shows were to take place, and then warning them in the press, was a chickenshit move.

THIS.

Second, multiple people who have a fair bit of common sense and live in/around Reading have said many times that the promoter was never at risk of losing his license regardless of curfew, because the festival profits the town far too much. Even Reading residents said they don't care about the noise a few nights a year. The plug pulling was to save cash on the fine hence DJ's comments make sense... and given how much this festival draws...

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"The only thing that I know is that I've got to finish at 11pm (BST). That's the issue really."

There you have it. Nothing more, nothing less.

If the band had taken to the stage on time, there would not have been a problem.

It's water under the bridge now. No big issue, life goes on.

Edited by star

DJ Asba is a clown his Twitter outburst against the Reading/Leeds promoter Melvin Benn was outrageous.

How? To be honest with you, I completely buy that he's had it in for them since 2002. I think the "warning" thing was a bit of a stunt to back himself as well.

DJ's right - you can't impose a curfew on some acts and not on others. The promoter didn't have to do what he did - he did it to prove a point, which is unprofessional. I don't see a lot wrong with what DJ said at all.

Of course the Slash fans are in here moaning about DJ :rolleyes: Since when are piercings gay? If I'm not mistakes Slash has a belly botton piercing! You really wanna get into this?!

And about looking like Slash, what? DJ had his style and hat before he even got in GnR.

DJ stood up for Axl, he did the right thing imo. And how do you know the promoter didn't have a grudge against them? He can't be lying? But you're so quick to think that DJ and Axl are lying? Give me a break. DJ has nothing to be embaressed about, he's a great guitarist and a really cool person who truly cares about the fans.

Of course the Slash fans are in here moaning about DJ :rolleyes: Since when are piercings gay? If I'm not mistakes Slash has a belly botton piercing! You really wanna get into this?!

And about looking like Slash, what? DJ had his style and hat before he even got in GnR.

DJ stood up for Axl, he did the right thing imo. And how do you know the promoter didn't have a grudge against them? He can't be lying? But you're so quick to think that DJ and Axl are lying? Give me a break. DJ has nothing to be embaressed about, he's a great guitarist and a really cool person who truly cares about the fans.

Maybe it's just me, but everyone I've known with a piercing like his have been an over emotional emo chick. That, and DJ looks like he would be covered in a very fine mucus layer.

Take a joke people

Maybe it's just me, but everyone I've known with a piercing like his have been an over emotional emo chick. That, and DJ looks like he would be covered in a very fine mucus layer.

Take a joke people

So you're judging him based on a piercing? That's mature and openminded.

I only like funny jokes

Robin Finck did a better job at attempting to cover Slash than Dj Ash.

Dj Ash covers both Robin Finck, and Slash poorly (maybe he needs more time to nail those solo's)

Goes to show, it's always better when a guitarist performs their own material.

Pro Shot

http://www.bbc.co.uk/music/festivals/readingandleeds/2010/artists/gunsnroses/

Dj Ash on Welcome to the Jungle. Pretty awful. Buckethead + Jungle intro was really something.

Dj Ash on This I Love. Not great (compared to Robin Finck on the album)

Dj Ash on The Blues, a total lash up (compare to Robin Finck in Rio)

Edited by star

Take a joke people

I only like funny jokes

I'm judging his appearance by his piercing, and his tats, and his hair...Which is generally what you judge someones appearance on.

As a guitarist, imo he's meh. I wouldn't know as a person.

He still reminds me of an earthworm

Take a joke people

I only like funny jokes

I'm judging his appearance by his piercing, and his tats, and his hair...Which is generally what you judge someones appearance on.

He is probably a realy nice guy, who just happens to have been thrown in at the deep end.

Take a joke people

I only like funny jokes

You just mad cuz he plays in Guns N' Roses AND he is better than Slash.

Sorry, but all those posters dissing DJ Ashba in this thread seem to me like a bunch of miserably jealous bastards, if you'll excuse my language. Just like those jokes of music journalists denying the evident fact that GNR are still a great band that easily pleases the audience.

Now, DJ Ashba is

- goodlooking,

- self-confident,

- good-natured and likeable,

- magnificently charming,

- a very good guitar player,

- a brilliant showman

and on top of it all he has the luck to have become an integral part of the current GNR line-up, touring the world and quite possibly getting any woman he wants - a perfect person to show you everything you haven't got. I'm sorry for you, guys. But whatever you post here says little about DJ Ashba, yet very much about yourselves. May his good luck come upon you, too.

I love how you guys get mad so easily. Makes me smile ^_^

You're the mad one. We are just expressing our views... you went on a stupid tirade saying bad things about Guns N' Roses' guitarist.

No I didn't. I said he looks like an earthworm....Never said anything negative about his personality or guitar skills.

Take a joke people

I only like funny jokes

youve obviously never looked deeply into his eyes and or lips. that shit will change you forever. :wub:

Sorry, but all those posters dissing DJ Ashba in this thread seem to me like a bunch of miserably jealous bastards, if you'll excuse my language. Just like those jokes of music journalists denying the evident fact that GNR are still a great band that easily pleases the audience.

Now, DJ Ashba is

- goodlooking,

- self-confident,

- good-natured and likeable,

- magnificently charming,

- a very good guitar player,

- a brilliant showman

and on top of it all he has the luck to have become an integral part of the current GNR line-up, touring the world and quite possibly getting any woman he wants - a perfect person to show you everything you haven't got. I'm sorry for you, guys. But whatever you post here says little about DJ Ashba, yet very much about yourselves. May his good luck come upon you, too.

Thank you for this post! I couldn't agree with you more.

DJ is all the things you listed.

DJ is definitely better than Slash. I've seen both live and DJ has much presence and charisma nowadays... plus better guitar skills of course but that's a given.

..that's a joke right?

Why would it be? I like Slash, have nothing against him, but DJ is just better imo.

The problem is he talked to media first before the band, it came over as a challenge..he seems quite magnanimous tho... But really the band must know what he's like, it was all a grey area first it's set in stone but they get extensions. Just let the rock stars play!

DJ is definitely better than Slash. I've seen both live and DJ has much presence and charisma nowadays... plus better guitar skills of course but that's a given.

..that's a joke right?

Nah. Slash was a great soloist/writer in his prime but he's been uninspired for 20 years now. DJ has much more going for him as a guitarist and performer nowadays.