Best live show?

Guest Sleeping Like An Angel

9/7/10, Brooklyn Masonic Temple - Sunn O)) and Boris performing Altar

Roo '10 - The Flaming Lips Performing Dark Side of the Moon

4/7/10, Knitting Factory, Brooklyn - Acid Mothers Temple

Godspeed You! Black Emperor next March (3 shows)!!

<3

Yeah, Sunn and Boris blew out the power at the temple and played in the dark for the rest of the set. It was fucking epic.

The Lips drove me to tears twice, once during their first set when they played do you realize? and again when they were finishing their dark side set at the onset of eclipse. it was extremely emotional for me.

acid mothers sent the world spinning with their set and it put me in a trance. the bassist was insane and the guitarist was in another world.

did you snag any tix for the godspeed tour?

• 2 weeks later...

GNR is the best I've ever seen.

But besides them Mötley Crüe.

Seen Motley Crue at Sonisphere. What a complete load of crap that set was. I think i managed about 15 minutes and then went to get a pizza and a beer.

GNR was okay when i seen them. Some real cool stuff, some tacky stuff.

Queen + Paul Rodgers

Seen them in 2008. Brian May and Paul Rodgers taking all the limelight with the others having to stay at the back. That made for a rubbish show in my opinion. Although the building the drum kit up around Taylor on the little stage was pretty cool.

My favorite band for stage show is by far and away, KISS. I was at the front when they played LG Arena in Birmingham on May 5th this year. Got a thumbs up from Paul and one of Tommy's Picks. Just so much constantly going on. A real stage show and with the pyro's just made it incredibly awesome.

Rammstein i found to be the best at Sonisphere. The stage show, crowd surfin in a boat, ect it's all good.

Queens of the Stone Age are the WORST band I have ever seen live. Saw them at Reading... fucking terrible show. Josh Homme is the shittiest frontman ever. Between every song he just said the same boring shit. "I'm so drunk and high right now", "all you beautiful people in the crowd here".

Have to agree. Was very disappointed.

Faith No More was definitely one of the best shows I have ever seen and I was not even a fan at the time. As was AC/DC as I got to see them at an indoor arena as opposed to a massive stadium.

Seen NIN twice and both were very different sets/shows and both were mindblowing.

NIN had one of the best live shows ever when they were still touring. Trent always went all out.

I haven't seen Foos or QOTSA... I've heard great things about QOTSA, though.

yup, NIN put on an amazing live show

Slash featuring Myles Kennedy.........when they go on the road again in 2011 it is a must see show.......

i loved their show too, but I find it very unprofessional how Myles has basically every songs' lyrics on paper posted on the ground

NIN puts on the most consistently excellent show. I've seen them three times and each show has been unique and amazing. QOTSA were awesome back when they had Mark Lanegan and Nick Oliveri in the band. Two of the best shows I've seen. Not that they did anything special visually, but they just had so much energy. They weren't as good when I saw the more recent incarnation of the band, however.

As far as best I've ever seen I've got to go with Prince. The ultimate professional that treats the concert like a big party. Red Hot Chili Peppers are good as well, and Aerosmith (before the power ballad phase) put on an awesome arena show.

havent actually been to a RHCP show, but a friend of mine has gone to a couple and she said Anthony is an awful live singer

Roger Waters show is like a man among boys when it comes to live shows right now.

In the mere mortal world Axl was pretty good, I enjoyed the VR show getting to see Slash, and Bon Jovi was probably the most "fun" I have had at a show in that it is a big party vibe inside the arena for the whole show.

I cant stress enough how awesome the Black Keys were when I saw them recently. So much energy, amazing sound, tight set. The crowd was roaring

Other bands that are great live- Slipknot, Black Label Society, Rage Against The Machine, Stone Temple Pilots.

I loved GNR's show but overall I like smaller, club like shows much better than arena shows. GNR at Hammerstein is my all time #1 show.

from what ive seen

x japan

they blew crowds and reviewers away at Lollapalooza and on the North American tour they just did, almost went. I never expected A: that they'd play live again, and B: that they'd tour North America.

i discovered them randomly like 4 years ago when i saw a change of seasons vs art of life argument. i looked up art of life and man... theyve become one of my favorite bands since. i never thought id actually see them though. then they reunited which i thought was great and then much to my surprise they toured the states! i was bummed i had to miss lolla, but my gf happened to be there for lady gaga haha and saw them for me and got me a shirt. then they announced a tour and we drove from michigan to chicago for their show at the riviera in october. they were just unbeleivable live. i have NEVER seen a crowd like the one i saw at X. the thousand people there blew out the 20,000 people at any gnr, ac/dc, kiss, etc show ive been to!

also i cant believe i forgot this in my list. the best stage show ive ever seen,

roger waterss doing the wall! that was not a concert, but an experience haha

Queens of the Stone Age are the WORST band I have ever seen live. Saw them at Reading... fucking terrible show. Josh Homme is the shittiest frontman ever. Between every song he just said the same boring shit. "I'm so drunk and high right now", "all you beautiful people in the crowd here".

Have to agree. Was very disappointed.

Faith No More was definitely one of the best shows I have ever seen and I was not even a fan at the time. As was AC/DC as I got to see them at an indoor arena as opposed to a massive stadium.

Seen NIN twice and both were very different sets/shows and both were mindblowing.

Of the 4 AC/DC shows I've seen, the stadium show I saw was the best by quite a bit. On the Black Ice Tour I saw both Toronto shows (Rogers Centre is a shit venue), Gillette Stadium in Boston, and the Buffalo show (The only arena show of the 4). Both Toronto shows were ruined by the piss-poor acoustics in the building. Buffalo was great, other than it being the first show after Brian's health issues, so his voice was very rough. Gillette, on the other hand, was fucking mindblowing. 70,000 AC/DC fans, fireworks, the massive catwalk, and to top it off, we were 3rd row! And it was the best show performance-wise too.

Gotta mention Rob Zombie here...and the Stooges.

Iggy...anytime,anywhere.

Yea, can't believe I forgot Iggy & The Stooges. Fucking amazing all 3 times (If you want to count the 4 acoustic songs at Sonisphere Finland as "seeing them") I saw them this year.

from what ive seen

x japan

guns n roses

ac/dc

rush

aerosmith

kiss

all AWESOME live

Aerosmith was shit when I saw them in '06. Steven Tyler's voice was completely shot, and the band was sloppy as hell. It was so bad, Motley completely upstaged them, and IMO '06 was undoubtedly the worst Motley's ever sounded.

<3

Yeah, Sunn and Boris blew out the power at the temple and played in the dark for the rest of the set. It was fucking epic.

The Lips drove me to tears twice, once during their first set when they played do you realize? and again when they were finishing their dark side set at the onset of eclipse. it was extremely emotional for me.

acid mothers sent the world spinning with their set and it put me in a trance. the bassist was insane and the guitarist was in another world.

Aye man seeing them early next month. No idea what to expect, which is all part of the fun.

<3

Aye man seeing them early next month. No idea what to expect, which is all part of the fun.

At ATP or at one of the tour dates? If its at ATP make sure to see throbbing gristle too.

Of the 4 AC/DC shows I've seen, the stadium show I saw was the best by quite a bit. On the Black Ice Tour I saw both Toronto shows (Rogers Centre is a shit venue), Gillette Stadium in Boston, and the Buffalo show (The only arena show of the 4). Both Toronto shows were ruined by the piss-poor acoustics in the building. Buffalo was great, other than it being the first show after Brian's health issues, so his voice was very rough. Gillette, on the other hand, was fucking mindblowing. 70,000 AC/DC fans, fireworks, the massive catwalk, and to top it off, we were 3rd row! And it was the best show performance-wise too.

Ah that is fair enough, my arena show had FAR better sound, I got a better standing position (2nd row at the end of the runway, right under Angus when he raised up!) and the performance in general was noticably better than the outdoor show I saw. In addition to the fact that halfway through the second (outdoor) show I could not help but feel I was seeing an identical show, which was slightly worse in every way. Still had a blast though.

<3

At ATP or at one of the tour dates? If its at ATP make sure to see throbbing gristle too.

I'm not sure what ATP is mate. :lol: I've got tickets to see them at the barrowlands (scotland).

<3

I'm not sure what ATP is mate. :lol: I've got tickets to see them at the barrowlands (scotland).

ATP = All Tomorrow's Parties. It's a bullshit festival which overcharges people to see bands (Seriously, $115 per ticket for Iggy?!?), and then denies you entrance if you get there even a minute late, despite not warning this on the website or ticket.

In case you can't tell, I do hold a grudge against them.

Aerosmith was shit when I saw them in '06. Steven Tyler's voice was completely shot, and the band was sloppy as hell. It was so bad, Motley completely upstaged them, and IMO '06 was undoubtedly the worst Motley's ever sounded.

really? i saw them in detroit a few months ago in august (met joe in birmingham the day after ^_^) but they sounded amazing. Steven did the best vocal performance ive ever heard, even topping Axl who kicked ass at the london ontario show i saw in jan. (although Axl is my fav singer still!) aerosmith was great though