SLASH 'Not Too Pleased' With AXL ROSE Parody On 'Die Oliver Pocher Show'

Encore

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

L a m e. I don't get why people always laugh at other people doing the snake dance as soon as it's related to Axl. It's getting old and unoriginal.

Slash should've gone to TV Total instead, Stefan Raab knows how to handle celebrities. He even was on stage with Kid Rock a few days ago, and had awesome moments with Kid Rock, Eminem, Rihanna and 50 Cent, for example.

Never saw those interviews, but he was extremely awkward with John Mayer and Red Hot Chili Peppers, it was so cringe worthy... Check it out! :lol:

Slash should've gone to TV Total instead, Stefan Raab knows how to handle celebrities. He even was on stage with Kid Rock a few days ago, and had awesome moments with Kid Rock, Eminem, Rihanna and 50 Cent, for example.

Never saw those interviews, but he was extremely awkward with John Mayer and Red Hot Chili Peppers, it was so cringe worthy... Check it out! :lol:

I think I remember the John Mayer one. Mayer seemed high as a kite, which was awkward, but you're right, Raab was kinda surprised and didn't really know how to manage that. Still funny as fuck. "Is that your keys?" :lol:

The Adam Greene episode is a classic, too! :D

Slash should have walked off stage lol

not like they did a parody of his wife or kids

it was on a guy who he hasnt talked to in years and who referred to him as a cancer

Slash being displeased was more than enough...........too much even given how axl claims to feel about his former band member

parts of it were actually a little humorous

I love Stefan Raab! I used to watch TV Total a lot, I remember when Nikki Sixx and Tommy Lee were on it :)

Wadde hadde du den da! :thumbsup:

You know...if everything Slash said back in the day was a lie, or fabrication, then I don't blame Axl for feeling the way he does. I don't think Slash would either if that were the case so I doubt Axl's comments change anything as far as how Slash feels now. If he's genuinely sorry about the way he treated him through the media, then he would understand Axl's reaction and accept it. It wouldn't have any barring on Slash's feeling towards him.

The only thing I'd want, if Slash really IS remorseful, is for Axl to be able to accept that Slash is remorseful and bury the past. Axl seems like the sort of person who can carry something like this to the grave.

Slash doesn't realize that he helped create a lot of the media's negative image of Axl, and thinks Axl's anger with him only comes from 1996.

Axl's anger I imagine comes more from Slash twisting stories about the break up for years AFTER 1996 and painting Axl as some kind of devil in the press while Axl was busy with lawsuit after lawsuit.

And I suppose that all the absurd stunts he has pulled this decade are also Slash's fault.

Slash told a New York City radio program on October 29 that GUNS N' ROSES would "have to do things way differently than we did" back in their early Nineties heyday if the original lineup was to ever reunite. Slash explained, "It seems like it would be a lot of fun to do, just go back out there, and it seems like a relatively simple idea and there's a ton of fans out there that would love to see it. It'd be cool. But we'd have to do things way differently than we did in '91, '92, '93 and whatever . . . And I don't think that's changeable. That whole production would have to tighten up and be like a real working band, and I don't think that's salvageable."

Slash added that any reunion would depend on singer Axl Rose's willingness to do it, saying, "I know everybody's around, but there has been no conversation, like, 'Let's get the band back together.' If everybody wanted to do it and it was very clear amongst us, (it) means we would have to clean up some personal stuff, which we haven't even begun that."

Slash's comments on the radio show were sparked by bassist Duff McKagan's recent appearance with GUNS N' ROSES — his first in 17 years — during a London gig by the band, at which he played on five songs.

Slash said about Duff's appearance, "It was cool . . . he just sort of kept me posted through the day and at one point he said he was going down to the venue with Axl. And I was, like, 'Wow!' 'Cause a lot of years have gone by."

I watched the Kiss reunion unfold in a similar manner.It all started with Peter Criss showing up with his daughter at an official Kiss Convention.

...just sayin'

Slash told a New York City radio program on October 29 that GUNS N' ROSES would "have to do things way differently than we did" back in their early Nineties heyday if the original lineup was to ever reunite. Slash explained, "It seems like it would be a lot of fun to do, just go back out there, and it seems like a relatively simple idea and there's a ton of fans out there that would love to see it. It'd be cool. But we'd have to do things way differently than we did in '91, '92, '93 and whatever . . . And I don't think that's changeable. That whole production would have to tighten up and be like a real working band, and I don't think that's salvageable."

Slash added that any reunion would depend on singer Axl Rose's willingness to do it, saying, "I know everybody's around, but there has been no conversation, like, 'Let's get the band back together.' If everybody wanted to do it and it was very clear amongst us, (it) means we would have to clean up some personal stuff, which we haven't even begun that."

Slash's comments on the radio show were sparked by bassist Duff McKagan's recent appearance with GUNS N' ROSES — his first in 17 years — during a London gig by the band, at which he played on five songs.

Slash said about Duff's appearance, "It was cool . . . he just sort of kept me posted through the day and at one point he said he was going down to the venue with Axl. And I was, like, 'Wow!' 'Cause a lot of years have gone by."

I watched the Kiss reunion unfold in a similar manner.It all started with Peter Criss showing up with his daughter at an official Kiss Convention.

...just sayin'

A reunion would be great but I think things run a little deeper here with Axl and Slash.......... I think Simmons and Stanley would let Satan play in Kiss if it would make them money...money is not the issue in the case of GnR...........

So do you think that if $100M was offered and Axl said yes, but he might go on late, Slash would say no way?

They probably had the kid there only so Slash would not leave, such a classless show. Watching stuff like that makes me understand where Axl is coming from when he complains about Slash playing everywhere and all. The guy is such an amazing musician, legend status and all, but he kind of drags his own legacy and the GN'R classics through the mud with stuff like that, I mean playing Paradise City with VR is as cool as Axl playing it with Ron and DJ, but playing the song on THAT show that is just as uncool as the stupid parody of that "host". If anything it shows how bored and desperate Slash must be. For the love of the bands legacy the guys should REALLY sort it the sooner the better. No beef can be as worse as disgracing your own legacy with shows like this.

They probably had the kid there only so Slash would not leave, such a classless show. Watching stuff like that makes me understand where Axl is coming from when he complains about Slash playing everywhere and all. The guy is such an amazing musician, legend status and all, but he kind of drags his own legacy and the GN'R classics through the mud with stuff like that, I mean playing Paradise City with VR is as cool as Axl playing it with Ron and DJ, but playing the song on THAT show that is just as uncool as the stupid parody of that "host". If anything it shows how bored and desperate Slash must be. For the love of the bands legacy the guys should REALLY sort it the sooner the better. No beef can be as worse as disgracing your own legacy with shows like this.

He went on the show for....wait for it.....PROMOTION. It's what people do to create awareness of their movie/album/business. There's nothing wrong with that at all imo.

Edited by Nintari

...just sayin'

A reunion would be great but I think things run a little deeper here with Axl and Slash.......... I think Simmons and Stanley would let Satan play in Kiss if it would make them money...money is not the issue in the case of GnR...........

For years Simmons and Stanley ripped Peter and Ace severe new ones and vowed a million times over there was no way in hell Satan could rape them enough times to make them ever EVER play with (or deal with) those two guys again as long as they lived...(or words to that effect).

They were completely happy with the line up they had and the albums they were putting out.

Lots of people were chomping on the bit for a Carnival of Souls tour.

...just sayin'

For years Simmons and Stanley ripped Peter and Ace severe new ones and vowed a million times over there was no way in hell Satan could rape them enough times to make them ever EVER play with (or deal with) those two guys again as long as they lived...(or words to that effect).

They were completely happy with the line up they had and the albums they were putting out.

Lots of people were chomping on the bit for a Carnival of Souls tour.

Don't get me wrong I am a Kiss fan from the 70's when I took a lot of shit from friends for buying the first Kiss album but I definately think Gene would do just about anyhting if he thought it would increase his bottom line...I don't have a problem with that but just saying.....

Completely agree...now more than ever...since the make up went back on.But there was a time when they vowed it would never happen.

Slash's latest comments just struck a chord with me,had the same sort of vibe as when the Kiss reunion started to get talked about.

It's like four guys standing over here going "I'm ready...you ready Duff?".."yeah I'm ready...Izzy?"

But with talk of a 2011 US Tour etc.,not going to be anytime soon...if ever.

It just has that vibe...if Axl gave the nod,it would be on.

Would it end badly like the Kiss reunion did??

I saw one show where Paul introduced Ace and Ace said "thank-you Mr. Wonderful".

You knew that train was soon pulling in the station.

Anyhoo...on topic...that skit was pathetic.

Of course he's not. One of the biggest things he talks about in his book is how people come up to him on the street and bash Axl like it's supposed to make him feel good. He basically says "Only I can talk shit about Axl, because I had to put up with him for all those years. I have the right to do that. No one who doesn't know him has the right."

Of course he's not. One of the biggest things he talks about in his book is how people come up to him on the street and bash Axl like it's supposed to make him feel good. He basically says "Only I can talk shit about Axl, because I had to put up with him for all those years. I have the right to do that. No one who doesn't know him has the right."

true :thumbsup:

That was the worst parody of anything that I've ever seen in my whole life.

It's german :rofl-lol:

I absolutely love your signature rock2

piecesq.jpg

Slash should have walked off stage lol

not like they did a parody of his wife or kids

it was on a guy who he hasnt talked to in years and who referred to him as a cancer

Slash being displeased was more than enough...........too much even given how axl claims to feel about his former band member

parts of it were actually a little humorous

I agree and had he walked off the show people would have said he did it to brown-nose axl. But I do think the parody was pretty lame except the dog dressed up as Slash was kinda cute.

It's a rule - don't trash a band that they used to be in. It's a bad idea, and doesn't win you any points.

Slash wants to reunite you can tell but he doesnt want to hurt his rep by being the one who comes out first..you can tell he wants to and whoever the fuck said only slash can talk shit not outsiders is right..its like a marriage and they got divorced the ex husband can bitch about the cunt all he wants but someone else cant thats fucked up to do..Slash wants the fame hes a fame whore unlike Axl..Slash is a fame whore and he likes the money and the spotlight..Axl doesn't..he's about music and the legacy and the emotion..Slash didnt want back up singers and shit because it would cost them more money..but Axl thought the songs would sound better and the whole show in general would be better...

I would have walked off for many reasons:

1) Being forced into that position.

2) Having it implied that I'm a dog.

3) In protest at that appalling attempt at humour.

4) Again, for having it implied that I'm a dog. Seriously, what the fuck.

Edited by plonker88