News from Bumblefoot about the new album

sleeper

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its really common sense, thats all Bumblefoot is saying.

And many of you do not have that on this forum. Believing "so they can write it between the US tour and Australia" I mean COME ON.

"If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not

to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that

works for you, in the end you could win on this either way. But if you're really into

waiting try holding your breath for Jesus cause I hear the payoff may be that much

greater.

Many of you did not listen.

EDIT: And he's not denying there wont be a new album!

Edited by Lose Your Illusions

those old unreleased chinese democracy songs is WHERE THE FUCKING MONEY IS AT, general/soul monster/atlas shrugged/thyme/zodiac etc lol

Those are the songs we want. Release those babies and then tour the US next year. I don't particular care if we get an album from the current touring band or not. Who knows if Axl will even want to craft songs out of what Ron and DJ present to him. He might just reject their material like he did with Gilby Clarke. I want the stuff that he worked 10 plus years on.

Edited by ITW 2012

" know D.J. mentioned something about a new album, but don't want y'all expecting anything soon. Other than old unreleased ['Chinese Democracy'] songs, songs need to be written, jammed, recorded, tweaked, re-worked, re-recorded, mixed, re-mixed, mastered, re-mastered, art, new art, label approval, a game plan from the label that Axl [Rose, lead singer] approves.... not as simple when it's on such a big scale... Just don't want ya getting frustrated if a GN'R album doesn't happen quick..."

WOW. If I didn't know better that sound a wee bit jaded from his end of things...

" know D.J. mentioned something about a new album, but don't want y'all expecting anything soon. Other than old unreleased ['Chinese Democracy'] songs, songs need to be written, jammed, recorded, tweaked, re-worked, re-recorded, mixed, re-mixed, mastered, re-mastered, art, new art, label approval, a game plan from the label that Axl [Rose, lead singer] approves.... not as simple when it's on such a big scale... Just don't want ya getting frustrated if a GN'R album doesn't happen quick..."

WOW. If I didn't know better that sound a wee bit jaded from his end of things...

Seems like he's just being realistic. I'll bet money that we never get a whole album written with DJ and Ron.

I just wish the label would put out the rest of the Bucket and Robin material. I'm dying to hear Atlas Shrugged and The General.

Edited by ITW 2012

It's the unreleased songs we want

nah, bring on the new stuff made by people WHO ARE ACTUALLY IN THE CURRENT LINEUP

Unreleased NuGNR stuff by people who have been gone for years... That can come in its own time, but it's not essential to furthering the agenda of the current Axl band.

It's the unreleased songs we want

nah, bring on the new stuff made by people WHO ARE ACTUALLY IN THE CURRENT LINEUP

Unreleased NuGNR stuff by people who have been gone for years... That can come in its own time, but it's not essential to furthering the agenda of the current Axl band.

The mainstream only cares about a current lineup that has Slash in it. New GNR will always be Axl at this point. The Buckethead lineup had a shot in 02 before things went tits up with the cancellation of the tour and the failure to release an album. Too much time has gone by at this point. Nobody is ever going to see New GNR as anything more than Axl Rose's band. That doesn't mean that he still can't have hit songs and be successful though. He just needs to promote his music with some videos and interviews. And not wait around for years to release songs as singles that have leaked years prior. It's still a god damned shame that Better wasn't a hit. I believe it would have been a big hit if they had just released it back in 06 when it leaked. Chinese Democracy must be the most botched released album of all time; while other than getting 14 million upfront from Best Buy. That was pretty crafty.

Edited by ITW 2012

Bumblehead obviously sounds frustrated.

Axl is better off auditioning for Velvet Revolver as they are looking for a new frontman and have a whole album of stuff ready to go.

Oh, and bring the name "Guns N Roses" with him. Lease the name to Velvet Revolver.

Axl will still legally own the name Guns N Roses. Each member of the band will get equal share in proceeds. Everyones a winner.

Edited by shakamaker

It would be cool if Axl released the rest of Chinese Democracy and then did a final album and tour with the original lineup. That will likely never happen though unless Slash apologizes to Axl in the press and takes responsibility for some of the lies he's spread about Axl. I also believe that the record company plays a big part in the lack of material released drama. Axl owes them two more albums and I really think they are trying to force him into reuniting the old band for those albums. We all know Axl doesn't deal with being told what to do so what you get is a stalemate.

Edited by ITW 2012

It would be cool if Axl released the rest of Chinese Democracy and then did a final album and tour with the original lineup. That will likely never happen though unless Slash apologizes to Axl in the press and takes responsibility for some of the lies he's spread about Axl. I also believe that the record company plays a big part in the lack of material released drama. Axl owes them two more albums and I really think they are trying to force him into reuniting the old band for those albums. We all know Axl doesn't deal with being told what to do so what you get is a stalemate.

You are 100% correct. However Slash has already apologizes numerous times but the task at present is getting he and Axl in the same room. It is getting close, thanks to Duff.

I feel sorry for DJ Ashba though, who will never produce any material with Axl. He has some talent, so I would suggest he audition for another band as soon as possible.

Edited by shakamaker

The only thing that matters the most to me and alot of people that appreciate the songs on chinese, is getting the rest of the CD era music out in the open, whether its just released online/album/download/streamed whatever, just release it.

Most of us have a feeling that the songs that havent been released yet, is what Axl considers to be his biggest guns, I dont want an album pumped out quickly from the current lineup, cause itll be unnatural and forced,

I want something that has Bucket, Brain and Axl on it thankyou.

You are 100% correct. However Slash has already apologizes numerous times but the task at present is getting he and Axl in the same room. It is getting close, thanks to Duff.

I feel sorry for DJ Ashba though, who will never produce any material with Axl. He has some talent, so I would suggest he audition for another band as soon as possible.

DJ still has Sixx AM with Nikki Sixx. I believe they've got an album coming out next year.

Slash has never apologized for anything specific though. An example of which would be apologizing to Axl for spreading a lie in the press about Axl forcing him and Duff to sign over the rights to the GNR name by threatening to not take the stage.

The only thing that matters the most to me and alot of people that appreciate the songs on chinese, is getting the rest of the CD era music out in the open, whether its just released online/album/download/streamed whatever, just release it.

Most of us have a feeling that the songs that havent been released yet, is what Axl considers to be his biggest guns, I dont want an album pumped out quickly from the current lineup, cause itll be unnatural and forced,

I want something that has Bucket, Brain and Axl on it thankyou.

That's what I want too. Seems like the only way that will happen in the near future is if that stuff leaks. Otherwise we're going to have to wait for Axl and the record company to come to some sort of arrangement and it don't seem like they are on very good terms.

Edited by ITW 2012

Some of you people act like it was only Bucket, Brain, and Axl who did the work on CD. I'm pretty sure that the majority of the people saying "Bucket, Brain, ra ra" dont know that Robin did the majority of the writing for those songs. Bucket and Brain had very little to do with CD other than enhancing the sound a little. I actually found Bumble and Bucket to have a pretty even share in terms of weight they carried on CD. Bumble changed the sound dramatically on some Chinese songs. As i'm sure Bucket did with the 1999 versions of the songs, but it doesnt mean they built the foundations for those songs.

If anyone kept getting the same questions about "the next record" as much as they are right now, and they're still going to be touring for this one into next year, it would get really, really annoying.

As long as they're in a good mood going into it, they're going to sail through it, and I also think that with the experience they have in that band, should be pretty smooth. "Chinese Democracy" just had way too many things going on around it that kept delaying it.

Within 2 years, we'll prob. have some new music to listen to. Someone who's been making music for over 20 years should be able to take less than a week to create and finish a song. All you need is a good idea, a good melody, and you're off and running. It can take one afternoon to come up with a hit. It's been done before.

As far as demos and unfinished songs, it's a non-issue. We have no idea if Axl has been working on the songs in private. The band might not even know what he's up to. If he's working on raw demos and rough mixes, can't he do that on his laptop?

Some of you people act like it was only Bucket, Brain, and Axl who did the work on CD. I'm pretty sure that the majority of the people saying "Bucket, Brain, ra ra" dont know that Robin did the majority of the writing for those songs. Bucket and Brain had very little to do with CD other than enhancing the sound a little. I actually found Bumble and Bucket to have a pretty even share in terms of weight they carried on CD. Bumble changed the sound dramatically on some Chinese songs. As i'm sure Bucket did with the 1999 versions of the songs, but it doesnt mean they built the foundations for those songs.

It's the Bucket solos and Axl screams that are what we crave. I agree that Robin is vastly underrated though. Chinese Democracy had a lot of songs that were around from the late 90's, before Bucket joined, and some of us are hoping/expecting CD II to have more songs from the Buckethead era of the band.

Edited by ITW 2012

You're right. I should of said ,I only want the cd era music that has Finck, Tobias, Bucket, Brain etc...

y'know what I meant anyway. From going on Axls chats (really the only thing we can go on these days) it seems that Axl is more interested re working the songs that were written 10 years ago then anything with the newer members /ron/ash.

No disrespect to the recent band members, I want them to write new songs ,But Axl has got alot of gems still up his sleave that need to come out and given their moment in the sun. Case in point, Oh My God, he has totally reworked that song, and it has alot of potential to be one of gnrs best, if he re records the vocals and adds new solo which he talked about.

The lyrics in that is Axls best moment of his career imo of course.

Soul monster sounds like a mother of a track as well, amongst general/etc

All these songs from that era that Finck and friends wrote need to come out, and maybe that is a contributing factor as to why Finck left the band because he new these songs were good and weren't being released on chinese democracy.

Its like after all this time, some of your best stuff that you created isn't released on the album you thought it was. you would be pissed as well..