News from Bumblefoot about the new album

sleeper

Someone who's been making music for over 20 years should be able to take less than a week to create and finish a song. All you need is a good idea, a good melody, and you're off and running. It can take one afternoon to come up with a hit. It's been done before.

LOL. I take it that you are not familiar with the Chinese Democracy album?

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bumblehead obviously sounds frustrated.

Axl is better off auditioning for Velvet Revolver as they are looking for a new frontman and have a whole album of stuff ready to go.

Oh, and bring the name "Guns N Roses" with him. Lease the name to Velvet Revolver.

Axl will still legally own the name Guns N Roses. Each member of the band will get equal share in proceeds. Everyones a winner.

Jesus....

Bumblehead obviously sounds frustrated.

Axl is better off auditioning for Velvet Revolver as they are looking for a new frontman and have a whole album of stuff ready to go.

Oh, and bring the name "Guns N Roses" with him. Lease the name to Velvet Revolver.

Axl will still legally own the name Guns N Roses. Each member of the band will get equal share in proceeds. Everyones a winner.

Jesus....

lol no, the fans of good music aren't winners. VR are crap

It would be cool if Axl released the rest of Chinese Democracy and then did a final album and tour with the original lineup. That will likely never happen though unless Slash apologizes to Axl in the press and takes responsibility for some of the lies he's spread about Axl. I also believe that the record company plays a big part in the lack of material released drama. Axl owes them two more albums and I really think they are trying to force him into reuniting the old band for those albums. We all know Axl doesn't deal with being told what to do so what you get is a stalemate.

You are 100% correct. However Slash has already apologizes numerous times but the task at present is getting he and Axl in the same room. It is getting close, thanks to Duff.

I feel sorry for DJ Ashba though, who will never produce any material with Axl. He has some talent, so I would suggest he audition for another band as soon as possible.

Oh look, Shakamaker with another knowledgeable,indisputable,asanine, "insider-wanna-be" report. :rolleyes:

Double Dip imbecile with sprinkles for brain cells. :D

It would be cool if Axl released the rest of Chinese Democracy and then did a final album and tour with the original lineup. That will likely never happen though unless Slash apologizes to Axl in the press and takes responsibility for some of the lies he's spread about Axl. I also believe that the record company plays a big part in the lack of material released drama. Axl owes them two more albums and I really think they are trying to force him into reuniting the old band for those albums. We all know Axl doesn't deal with being told what to do so what you get is a stalemate.

You are 100% correct. However Slash has already apologizes numerous times but the task at present is getting he and Axl in the same room. It is getting close, thanks to Duff.

I feel sorry for DJ Ashba though, who will never produce any material with Axl. He has some talent, so I would suggest he audition for another band as soon as possible.

Oh look, Shakamaker with another knowledgeable,indisputable,asanine, "insider-wanna-be" report. :rolleyes:

Double Dip imbecile with sprinkles for brain cells. :D

Thanks for your attention, sweet heart.

There's an elephant in the room and its name is reunion.

Yes we all know the dysfunctional band of Guns past would have another one out in a month :rolleyes: Give your head a shake!

The dysfunctional band of Guns past managed to release multiple albums from 87-91 despite being fucked up all the time. Bottom line is that we're all Axl fans and we just want some new songs.

'We're talking about that right now' Asba on new album

Does that mean Asba don;t know what he's talking about?

Seems every hired hand is talk, except Axl Rose. Nothing new there :D

those old unreleased chinese democracy songs is WHERE THE FUCKING MONEY IS AT, general/soul monster/atlas shrugged/thyme/zodiac etc lol

I don't think so. If they were anygood they would have been on Chinese Democracy.

You only want to hear those songs because you havn't so already :tongue2:

BLABBERMOUTHNET BLABBERMOUTH.NET

BUMBLEFOOT: Don't Hold Your Breath For New GUNS N' ROSES Album http://bit.ly/arE0LL

Add's more weight as to why 'what's his name' (guitarist i can never remember the name of?) quit his LA home.

For the vibes being sent out, it's like, the tours over, and the members have gone back to their usual routine, what ever that might be :shrugs:

Edited by star

those old unreleased chinese democracy songs is WHERE THE FUCKING MONEY IS AT, general/soul monster/atlas shrugged/thyme/zodiac etc lol

I don't think so. If they were anygood they would have been on Chinese Democracy.

I don't think so. Just because they weren't on CD doesn't mean there aren't great songs left. Think about the stuff from UYI that was supposed to be on appetite that didn't make the cut. There is also the theory that Axl knew no matter what he released it would get shit on, so he's saving his best stuff for later. Either way, whatever they release I'm sure it will be awesome as long as Axl is singing over music.

Edited by DocBrown

I don't think so. Just because they weren't on CD doesn't mean there aren't great songs left. Think about the stuff from UYI that was supposed to be on appetite that didn't make the cut. There is also the theory that Axl knew no matter what he released it would get shit on, so he's saving his best stuff for later. Either way, whatever they release I'm sure it will be awesome as long as Axl is singing over music.

Axl knew no matter what he released it would get shit on, so he's saving his best stuff for later.

Wishful thinking, on your part :D

Axl didn't work on an album for 10+ years, only to save the best songs for the album after :D

Why would the record company give Best Buy new songs when they were already willing to pay them 14 million for a bunch of tracks that had leaked in various forms over the years? Chinese Demcoracy II is going to be the shiznit.

Slash has never apologized for anything specific though. An example of which would be apologizing to Axl for spreading a lie in the press about Axl forcing him and Duff to sign over the rights to the GNR name by threatening to not take the stage.

I believe Izzy.

The elephant has been standing in that room for the last 14 years. I'd say it's not looking too good...

As regards "the new album" : Ron is right. Don't expect anything soon. The tour isn't over yet, and even if the band starts writing and jamming the day after the final date of the final leg of that tour, we all know how Axl functions once he's in a studio...

And that's only if they hit the studio immediately after the tour, which they probably won't do.

As regards Chinese democracy 2, if it's not released right before the US tour, I'd say it's dead and buried. The material is already TEN YEARS OLD :shocked:

As regards Chinese democracy 2, if it's not released right before the US tour, I'd say it's dead and buried. The material is already TEN YEARS OLD :shocked:

Guns seem to be going for the worst of all possible worlds. They're not releasing the songs on a traditional label and getting the push that such

a label could give.

And they're not releasing the songs over the internet a la Trent Reznor and taking advantage of new distribution technologies.

In fact they're doing nothing and not releasing them. It. Makes. No. Sense. If they're not releasing the songs it would make more sense to give them away for free

and generate publicity/goodwill for the band like kanye west's g.o.o.d friday releases. I mean if the songs are ten years old and will never be releases, then what's

the point of keeping on to them? They should use them like they would any asset and do SOMETHING with them.

Edited by axl666

November Rain was written way back before Appetite and still became a huge hit when released almost a decade later, whats your point?

November Rain was written way back before Appetite and still became a huge hit when released almost a decade later, whats your point?

Yes but it wasn't recorded and produced way back before AFD...otherwise it would have shown ( just like Axl having 3 different voices shows on Chinese Democracy ).

That and the fact that both Bucket and Robin are long gone.

I can't say I really care personally but Axl and DJ keep insisting that Guns are still pretty much a band. If it is, then maybe writing music with the current guys and releasing it before they get bored and decide to leave could be a nice way of proving quite a few people wrong ?

Love this quote.

Call me stupid but i do think Axl held lots of good shit back. I think the leaks changed what was gonna be on CD dramatically hence in part the shit packaging for CD. I think there is some serious music left out there and we will here it.

Edited by tange