Dr Dre Is Back

axl_on_drums

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the song sounds like some shitty song you hear at a club. Auto tune chorus? Come on

Yeah, wasn't he supposedly learning tons of music theory to try and make some really complicated/concept album? Seems like a bit of a let-down.

Edited by chevelle

I think the song sounds like some shitty song you hear at a club. Auto tune chorus? Come on

Yeah, wasn't he supposedly learning tons of music theory to try and make some really complicated/concept album? Seems like a bit of a let-down.

I'm just going to take a deep breath, because I know you aren't one of the ignorant members on this board. But, do not base the rest of the album on this one song.

On the first listen, I liked that song. Not too bad, but nothing spectacular.

I'm just going to take a deep breath, because I know you aren't one of the ignorant members on this board. But, do not base the rest of the album on this one song.

On the first listen, I liked that song. Not too bad, but nothing spectacular.

I know, I know, it's just a disappointment to hear the first song from the album just be an average club-banger after so much time and hype. I'm hoping it lives up to what Dre's said for so long.

Edited by chevelle

Guest Len B'stard

The worst thing you can do for an album like this is hype it. And despite what a lot of people say, 2001 weren't actually that hyped in that Dres career had been going for over a decade and he'd only released one album up to that point, no one really expected it to be the earth shatterer that it was, it was only after that one that everyone started going OK, next dre album, next dre album, as opposed to next Dre PRODUCED album.

Also, when you're making music with Dre-esque themes, it's probably a good idea to not let your audience grow up. I'm not sure i'd respond the same way to an album like the chronic like i would've when i was a kid. Always like the first album more anyway and even that was like a Snoop showcase.

Although the song is awesome I really hope Dre was serious about his remarks back in '02 when he said he's not going to make all the songs about "blunts and low-riders." Don't get me wrong though, The Chronic is a fuckin' great record...I'm just expecting a bit more with this one.

"It ("Kush") got leaked, it was a version of it that got leaked that I wasn't really happy about, so we are gonna go in push it and put it out because everyone seems to like it. Y'know I just thought, like, the content it's about weed smoking and I don't want people to think that's what my album is about, this is actually the only song with that type of content in it."

song has grown on me a lot, this'll be the shitz!

Although the song is awesome I really hope Dre was serious about his remarks back in '02 when he said he's not going to make all the songs about "blunts and low-riders." Don't get me wrong though, The Chronic is a fuckin' great record...I'm just expecting a bit more with this one.

"It ("Kush") got leaked, it was a version of it that got leaked that I wasn't really happy about, so we are gonna go in push it and put it out because everyone seems to like it. Y'know I just thought, like, the content it's about weed smoking and I don't want people to think that's what my album is about, this is actually the only song with that type of content in it."

Good to hear/read!