Lolwut

Black Sabbath

Well given that Metallica seem to be following trends since about 1990(some harder fans say it was when they released their first music video), this comes to no surprise. Its been all about the $$ for them for two decades now. They slowed down and simplified their music with the black album and hit major success, ever since then it has been about doing what will sell. Granted the actual song writing still had integrity. Load and Reload were very personal albums and had deep themes to them. St Anger was a pile of shit and they followed a big trend by doing drop C tuning(which was the BIG thing at the time) and cutting the solos, but they still didn't make songs just for the masses. Death Magnetic is a weird one. They went back to being Metallica, but was it due to public demand or for them? Im thinking the backlash to St Anger made them go back to their old style.

Give me Megadeth anyday of the week. Even their new stuff(which is back to their thrash metal roots) sounds very fresh and organic, not tired like Metallica.

I don't think you'd see this happen at a Wiggles concert though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZy8dNjJ0xg&feature=related

Yeah...there's an article linked on the article in the first post that explains that was an accident.

And yeah...Metallica haven't been worth shit in my lifetime, so I don't expect them to start being a decent band again anytime soon.