Can women pull of rock songs?

Guest Sleeping Like An Angel

51 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest Sleeping Like An Angel

Is it just me or does anyone else cringe when women sing rock songs? It doesn't work with me at all. The best female singer in the world could sing a rock song and I won't like it.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apart from the odd Amy Winehouse or Janis Joplin song or the link my man God's Favourite posted I really can't get into most music that is fronted by a female. :shrugs: I don't know, it isn't intentional but it just doesn't click with me.

Same here. I think it's because female fronted bands seem "tamer" than male-fronted bands, in my opinion. They never seem to be as hard or heavy or as aggressive...at least the female singers I've heard, anyway.

Courtney Love was one of the great rock singers back in the 90s. She had such a raw voice that was carried by emotion. Not as good since she actually tries to sing now. She's got a great scream. Joan Jett is one of the great women in rock.

I think rock girls are hot. Wish there were more female fronted rock bands today.

Courtney :wub:

without a doubt....

Joan :wub:

Two amazing rock women. Both amazing. Of course women can sing rock!