Can women pull of rock songs?

Guest Sleeping Like An Angel

51 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Janis Joplin is/was hands down the best female singer, IMO.

one hell of a screecher, but hardly the best 'singer'

I love Janis Joplin, but she is a blues singer, not rock. She is actually one of my favorites.

I agree whith moreblack though. She isn't the best 'singer', but she did made you 'feel' the music.

Not many 'great' voices nowadays can do that.

Edited by MBRose

I'm not a big fan of female singers in general, there are definitely a few that can do rock well and pull it off nicely, but usually they just end up sounding whiny or they try to hard to be "rock".

I've been trying to find a male singer for ages for a band, but all I come across is females. They're very talented and all, but I just don't like women trying to perform songs that a man should be singing.

Listen to The Pretty Reckless, fronted by actress Taylor Momsen. I had zero expectations for their debut album and it blew me away, she's like a vastly superior version of Courtney Love. How ironic that a female-fronted rock act produced an album with more balls than every indie-rock album put together.

Listen to The Pretty Reckless, fronted by actress Taylor Momsen. I had zero expectations for their debut album and it blew me away, she's like a vastly superior version of Courtney Love. How ironic that a female-fronted rock act produced an album with more balls than every indie-rock album put together.

Not bad, not bad at all. Charming yet slightly unhinged...

• 3 weeks later...