Would Coma ever be / have been a good alternative set closer?

Screamin' Demon

Speaking of Prostitute, that would be an alright closer (or the before the encore closer). Anyone know what times they have not closed with Paradise City? The only recent one I can remember is Japan a few years ago when Bumblefoot and Axl did Dont Cry after the encore.

Edited by Aussiegun

Speaking of Prostitute, that would be an alright closer (or the before the encore closer). Anyone know what times they have not closed with Paradise City? The only recent one I can remember is Japan a few years ago when Bumblefoot and Axl did Dont Cry after the encore.

A Few times this tour theyve ended the Main set with paradise, and then ended the encore with nightrain I do beleive. Think Saskatoon was one of them when they got baz+Dank jones out to do nightrain last.

Think the same happened somehwere in Europe too. (Not with baz+danko though, just ending with nightrain)

Come to think of it...it would probably work. With that said it is one hard motherfuckin' song to play as a band!

with 3 guitars? I dunno, THAT has trainwreck potential.

But the biggest hurdle is the last quarter of the song, "live your life like it's a coma" and onwards, there's no repeats and it just keeps ascending...

Axl back then couldn't pull it off, what chance does he have now?

Coma is a trainwreck live.

He hasn't tried it with this band, and it's been about 18 years since he last sang it live. Who knows how it would be.

trainwreck w/chemical or nuclear cargo, kills half the city?

Not exactly. The current line-up has better timing and they are more precise and technical (also not on drugs)

Come to think of it...it would probably work. With that said it is one hard motherfuckin' song to play as a band!

Stinson and Ferrer would be doing most of the work on that song, but Axl by far has the most work to do as far as that song goes, esp. at the end.