..is Guns N'Roses finished?

star

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, prepare yourself for Guns N' Roses v.4.0

A hired hand can walk away anytime, and it won't be the first time.

It depends on how long the break is, and how much working for Axl has boosted their own solo careers.

If there was anything behind what Brain (once) said, he has been working behind the scenes on now material

(was Brain taking the piss? as I can never tell with him).

So, you're inside the heads of the members of GN'R? You know why they're in GN'R?

Why have Tommy and Chris stayed in Guns for over a decade? Or Richard, who's been in Guns six years now? Chris especially could have a great career outside of Guns; He was a quite in demand session musician when he joined Guns.

I'm guessing since they were "Slash-approved", you don't consider Gilby and Matt to have been hired hands. If you do, than that must mean that GN'R post 1990 was not REAL Guns. By 1992, two thirds of GN'R's rhythm section must've consisted of "hired hands". That's a pretty large and important chunk of the band.

Matt did do some of the writing for the UYI albums.

It depends on how long the break is, and how much working for Axl has boosted their own solo careers.

If there was anything behind what Brain (once) said, he has been working behind the scenes on now material

So, you're inside the heads of the members of GN'R? You know why they're in GN'R?

Why have Tommy and Chris stayed in Guns for over a decade? Or Richard, who's been in Guns six years now? Chris especially could have a great career outside of Guns; He was a quite in demand session musician when he joined Guns.

I'm guessing since they were "Slash-approved", you don't consider Gilby and Matt to have been hired hands. If you do, than that must mean that GN'R post 1990 was not REAL Guns. By 1992, two thirds of GN'R's rhythm section must've consisted of "hired hands". That's a pretty large and important chunk of the band.

No. He was just playing what they wanted to hear.

Axl, 1992:

Hit Parader: Do you look at Guns N’ Roses as a continually evolving entity, or are you satisfied with the personnel that’s now in the band?

AXL: "It’s definitely an evolving thing because everyone has different direction that they want to go in, and I wanted to get the band big enough that they’d have those opportunities. We had a lot of new people in the band, but what works at the end is what gets me and Slash off. We’re not sure where we want to come from with the other band members as far as the writing goes, and, who knows, if someone isn’t into a song, maybe they don’t want to be there. We’re really into letting Matt go more off on his own in terms of drumming for GN’R. On Use Your Illusion, he was pretty much playing just what we wanted to hear on a particular song – which we already had together before he joined the band. On the record, he’s one of the most amazing drummers I’ve ever heard, but he’s better than that."

Edited by Indigo Child

Of course not.For me they are doing a great job.And shut up with Slash cuz i'm sick of fighting.Some people really like the new Guns n Roses,cuz they're not stuck in the past and obsessed with the old GNR like others.Slash said he hasn't talked w/ Axl since 1996,and he is sick of being asked about Axl.They have different projects.Really people,get used w/ the idea that Slash in not coming back to GNR.Remember this??"It will be a cold day in hell before a reunion!" Guns N Roses have been touring all over the world with Chinese Democracy,and they rocked,but get ready,cuz i'm sure they'll release new albums.Oh yeah..One last thing.Don't send me again messages or replies saying that you don't agree with me..You don't even have to..You all have the right to have an opinion,but don't try to change mine.

Edited by Julia Alexandra

Of course not.For me they are doing a great job.And shut up with Slash cuz i'm sick of fighting.Some people really like the new Guns n Roses,cuz they're not stuck in the past and obsessed with the old GNR like others.Slash said he hasn't talked w/ Axl since 1996,and he is sick of being asked about Axl.They have different projects.Really people,get used w/ the idea that Slash in not coming back to GNR.Remember this??"It will be a cold day in hell before a reunion!" Guns N Roses have been touring all over the world with Chinese Democracy,and they rocked,but get ready,cuz i'm sure they'll release new albums.Oh yeah..One last thing.Don't send me again messages or replies saying that you don'y agree with me..You don't even have to..You all have the right to have an opinion,but don't try to change mine.

Great post. I completely agree. Nu GNR is where it's at.

BBA, you aren't convincing anyone.

Of course not.For me they are doing a great job.And shut up with Slash cuz i'm sick of fighting.Some people really like the new Guns n Roses,cuz they're not stuck in the past and obsessed with the old GNR like others.Slash said he hasn't talked w/ Axl since 1996,and he is sick of being asked about Axl.They have different projects.Really people,get used w/ the idea that Slash in not coming back to GNR.Remember this??"It will be a cold day in hell before a reunion!" Guns N Roses have been touring all over the world with Chinese Democracy,and they rocked,but get ready,cuz i'm sure they'll release new albums.Oh yeah..One last thing.Don't send me again messages or replies saying that you don'y agree with me..You don't even have to..You all have the right to have an opinion,but don't try to change mine.

Thanks.Usually people around here don't agree with me and say that i'm a crazy man that has 1000 accounts.But I'm a girl...

BBA, you aren't convincing anyone.

I'm not BBA,but if you don't believe me it's just your business.

Axl, 1992:

Hit Parader: Do you look at Guns N’ Roses as a continually evolving entity, or are you satisfied with the personnel that’s now in the band?

AXL: "It’s definitely an evolving thing because everyone has different direction that they want to go in, and I wanted to get the band big enough that they’d have those opportunities. We had a lot of new people in the band, but what works at the end is what gets me and Slash off. We’re not sure where we want to come from with the other band members as far as the writing goes, and, who knows, if someone isn’t into a song, maybe they don’t want to be there. We’re really into letting Matt go more off on his own in terms of drumming for GN’R. On Use Your Illusion, he was pretty much playing just what we wanted to hear on a particular song – which we already had together before he joined the band. On the record, he’s one of the most amazing drummers I’ve ever heard, but he’s better than that."

Axl, 1992:

That interview is from the Summer of 1990.

Matt had just joined maybe a month before at most.

Edited by Indigo Child

Guns N' Roses didn't finish between 93-2001, between 02-04 and between 07-09, much more silent breaks.

But remember one thing... when GNR is dead, the fans make it interesting again, if you know what I mean.

Why does your sig have Axl in it?

Guns N' Roses didn't finish between 93-2001, between 02-04 and between 07-09, much more silent breaks.

But remember one thing... when GNR is dead, the fans make it interesting again, if you know what I mean.

He's also laughing out loud at Slash.

He's also laughing out loud at Slash.

Oh so it's like Axl saying that to Slash? I see.

Speech bubble man, speech bubble.

If they're not going to put out the next album, does it even matter? How long can the Chinese Democracy tour go on, 10 years wasn't enough?

I don't know if I'm completely ready for the next album yet. For some reason, I still don't feel as though my Chinese Democracy journey is complete.

BBA, you're more pathetic than I am, and that's saying a lot.

With so much talk about what the hired hands are up to, and no word from Axl ..is Guns N'Roses finished, atleast for the moment..

No, next round coming soon, and if you will remember slash and Duff were essentially hired hands as soon as they signed the name over,so stop your negative knocks against GNR,they are inneffective,lame,and all in all a waste of everyone's time,incidentally what is your motive here other than to dis GNR? I have never seen you make a positive post,so why waste your time unless you have a malevolent personality disorder.

With so much talk about what the hired hands are up to, and no word from Axl ..is Guns N'Roses finished, atleast for the moment..

No, next round coming soon, and if you will remember slash and Duff were essentially hired hands as soon as they signed the name over,so stop your negative knocks against GNR,they are inneffective,lame,and all in all a waste of everyone's time,incidentally what is your motive here other than to dis GNR? I have never seen you make a positive post,so why waste your time unless you have a malevolent personality disorder.

Terms such as "soon" and "next round" mean years in GNR lingo. Where's your proof that anything is going to actually happen this year? We're all just speculating at this point.

Edited by ITW 2012

lol i love this forum, full of cupcakes , bbas, and everything in between :)

on topic though, (and I have no inside info) but I get the feeling its the calm before the storm