Should Mick and Keith try to counsel Axl and Slash?

Vincent Vega

If only I could go back in time and show you how different this situation would be if Slash was never in GN'R. You would never see all or parts of the following songs: Welcome to the Jungle, It's So Easy, Nightrain[/i, Out Ta Get Me, Mr. Brownstone, Paradise City, My Michelle, Think About You, Sweet Child O' Mine, You're Crazy, Anything Goes, Rocket Queen, Patience, Used To Love Her, One In A Million, Right Next Door To Hell, Dust N' Bones, Perfect Crime, You Ain't The First, Bad Obsession, Back Off Bitch, Double Talkin' Jive, The Garden, Garden of Eden, Don't Damn Me, Bad Apples, Coma, Locomotive, You Could Be Mine, 14 Years, Civil War, Yesterdays, Get In The Ring, Shotgun Blues, Breakdown, Pretty Tied Up, So Fine, and Estranged.

You might have bits and pieces of November Rain and Estranged, but they would be nothing like they are now. I am just in complete disbelief how you are in a Guns N' Roses message board when you completely hate guitarist who wrote all of the songs in which the band is famous for. You've spent hundreds of hours on this site to completely trash perhaps the most influential member aside from Axl this band has ever had. Congratulations Miser, you are a total loser.

See, I don't dislike Slash.

Fuck Slash.

:rolleyes:

His supporters make me wish he'd go away.

He's overexposed on this forum...And you guys push an anti-Axl, anti-New GN'R, pro Slash message in such a hatefilled way.

I think that you should spend less time caring about what others think of Axl, and do something beneficial

Mick and Keith's relationship took very nearly the same trajectory as Axl and Slash's. By the mid '80s they were in essence broken up because there was a power struggle between Mick and Keith; And while they've been able to pull it together because they realize being the Stones together is more money than themselves alone, those underlying issues are still there--In Keith's book you can see he's still very bitter at Mick in some ways, yet for money they've held it together since 1988 (Even though it seems they might've broken up again)

Yeah this is definitely Axls motivation in his career.

Just a shame nobody pointed out to him that he could have made more money had he kept Slash in the band. <_<

Well, Slash quit. He wasn't fired. Should Axl have held a gun to his head and told him stay in the band or I shoot you to death?

Actually, overall, despite the money end, Axl's probably lost more by continuing on with Guns than he would've if he went solo. Respect, fans, the media, etc, his reputation. I don't think he's in just for the money.

The Stones, from all accounts, however, are like a couple who got divorced but realized they couldn't financially make it on their own. So, while they don't really love each other anymore, they got back together just to be able to eat.

Personally, I'd prefer GN'R as it is now to a bunch of guys pretending to like each other for the dollar signs. Slash's fans probably don't care if a reunion would cause him to go back on Heroin. They just want to be appeased, fuck how Axl, Slash, Duff and Izzy feel or if it would kill them.

Are you that fucking stupid? Really?

Mick and Keith's relationship took very nearly the same trajectory as Axl and Slash's. By the mid '80s they were in essence broken up because there was a power struggle between Mick and Keith; And while they've been able to pull it together because they realize being the Stones together is more money than themselves alone, those underlying issues are still there--In Keith's book you can see he's still very bitter at Mick in some ways, yet for money they've held it together since 1988 (Even though it seems they might've broken up again)

Just a shame nobody pointed out to him that he could have made more money had he kept Slash in the band. <_<

Well, Slash quit. He wasn't fired. Should Axl have held a gun to his head and told him stay in the band or I shoot you to death?

Actually, overall, despite the money end, Axl's probably lost more by continuing on with Guns than he would've if he went solo. Respect, fans, the media, etc, his reputation. I don't think he's in just for the money.

The Stones, from all accounts, however, are like a couple who got divorced but realized they couldn't financially make it on their own. So, while they don't really love each other anymore, they got back together just to be able to eat.

Personally, I'd prefer GN'R as it is now to a bunch of guys pretending to like each other for the dollar signs. Slash's fans probably don't care if a reunion would cause him to go back on Heroin. They just want to be appeased, fuck how Axl, Slash, Duff and Izzy feel or if it would kill them.

Slash has claimed he felt suicidal by the end of old Guns, and that he knew if he stuck around he'd fall back into Heroin. Do you really think things would be that different if a reunion happened? All the tension, bitterness and hatred welled up over the last near 15 years on both ends...It wouldn't be pretty.

• 4 weeks later...

Seriously.

"The ROLLING STONES pair fell out in 2005 when the guitarist first said Sir Mick had a "small c**k".

Keith, 66, was forced to publicly apologise. Now he says Sir Mick's ex MARIANNE FAITHFULL "had no fun with Mick's tiny todger".

But he seems ready for a U-turn. "I was told that by others," he says in an interview with Caitlin Moran in The Times today.

His autobiography Life will be serialised in the paper from tomorrow.

Keith also claims that Sir Mick, 67, became "unbearable" in the '80s."

Do you think if they tried to talk to Axl and Slash, it'd help at all?

They haven't broken up. Mick, Keith and Charlie were on Fallon months before the book came out. Keith called Mick's last solo CD "Dogshit in the Doorway". I think Keith misses the friendship they had when they were younger and used to be tighter, but they're old men who still write good songs and put on a good show, and enjoy making a living at it, and deal with each other as best as possible. It's like any band, they can talk shit about each other, but if you say anything bad about Mick to Keith, you're going to have a switchblade in your face.

I wound up getting "Life" on audiobook, with Johnny Depp narrating most of it, doing his Jack Sparrow thing on there, with Keith on there as well.

Slash has claimed he felt suicidal by the end of old Guns, and that he knew if he stuck around he'd fall back into Heroin. Do you really think things would be that different if a reunion happened? All the tension, bitterness and hatred welled up over the last near 15 years on both ends...It wouldn't be pretty.

Dude, Slash was on drugs for at least 10 years after leaving Guns. He's only been clean and sober for about 5 years now according to him.