DJ Ashba's Hat

Anthony S.

...Jus' sayin...

Oh come on. Dj gets all these endorsements but has yet to get one from LifeLock, oh excuse me, LifeLock™

:thumbsup:

Anthony, DJ's hat is costum made so I don't think you can by it anywhere.

Why don't you go change your twitter bio page again to make yourself look like a "T Rex fan" and then go harass Slash on a spree just like when you were a temporary "Stone Temple Pilots fan" when you harassed Matt Sorum.

Why would you want to get one? You're not a rockstar who could pull of that look.

Why would someone have to be a rockstar to use that hat? "Ordinary people" can dress like rockstars too. To me, wearing that hat is more understandable than wearing a rolex with shitty jeans. Can't stand people who do that.

...Jus' sayin...

Oh come on. Dj gets all these endorsements but has yet to get one from LifeLock, oh excuse me, LifeLock™

Why don't you go change your twitter bio page again to make yourself look like a "T Rex fan" and then go harass Slash on a spree just like when you were a temporary "Stone Temple Pilots fan" when you harassed Matt Sorum.

I am an STP fan. Why would I write to Slash about something someone posted on mygnr? Only if Slash himself said DJ copied him I would have a reason to write him. And I actually happen to like Slash a lot and I respect him.

Why would you want to get one? You're not a rockstar who could pull of that look.

Why would someone have to be a rockstar to use that hat? "Ordinary people" can dress like rockstars too. To me, wearing that hat is more understandable than wearing a rolex with shitty jeans. Can't stand people who do that.

Because that's how society works, get used to it. 99,9% of people will think you look ridiculous, but if you wear a rolex and shitty jeans more people will be willing to accept you.

The more status you have, the more you're able to dress like an idiot, because society has already accepted you.

.... Jus' sayin...

Marc Bolan

_44109134_marcbolan300.jpg

...Jus' sayin...

I'm very disappointed ... I thought Slash was the "owner " of style .. he never copied anyone ... no one before had ever used top hat ... I cant believe it .... I lost an idol :rofl-lol:

142xwt4.jpg

Yep T-Rex had that style long before $la$h.

...and Bob Dylan wore the Top Hat long before Marc did. :rolleyes:

2996430.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=45B0EB3381F7834D203FFB1612F319D523B27541420E7E3E191F19EEEB4B00E7

Does that mean Marc copied Bob? No. Does that mean Ashba copies Slash? No.

But Ashba is the replacement of a guy whos most unique trade mark was/is a top hat. So...

Because that's how society works, get used to it. 99,9% of people will think you look ridiculous, but if you wear a rolex and shitty jeans more people will be willing to accept you.

The more status you have, the more you're able to dress like an idiot, because society has already accepted you.

Well, yeah, sure a lot of people don't get dressing a little out of the ordinary, but why should someone who wants to, care? I think we should encourage each others, and not just say "sorry, you're not a rockstar, you can't wear that, you'll look like a tool". Since when rock fans can't dress a little different. If you want to, do it...smoking looks more stupid than wearing that hat...

...Jus' sayin...

I am an STP fan. Why would I write to Slash about something someone posted on mygnr? Only if Slash himself said DJ copied him I would have a reason to write him. And I actually happen to like Slash a lot and I respect him.

I am just saying you're disingenuous. I just remember that the google cache of your twitter page dated I think two weeks before you went on your twitter-war against Matt Sorum didn't show any reference to STP. You musta changed your stripes pretty quickly. It just seemed like the typical thing someone would do. Wouldn't surprise anyone if you did that again.

I think there's actually a direct quote from Axl Rose himself back in the day of him defending Slash against C.C. Devilles use of the top hat from that Every Rose has it's Thorn video. I couldn't find it but I know it's out there. Maybe Miser can dig it up.

To be fair, the uproar is mostly among Slash fans, that is to say people who usually rarely care about any NuGnR guitarist at all.

DJ was wearing that kind of hat way before GnR so it's basically just another reason to bitch.

It doesn't matter if he has been wearing the top hat before GNR or since he was a little kid. The problem is that the ordinary fan goes to a concert, sees Ashba with the top hat and is reminded of Slash. It's as easy as that. Personally I don't care who's wearing what, but I can understand why people draw this comparison and why they're saying he's copying Slash.

Just imagine the Beatles would have replaced John (after his death or whatever) with a guy who had worn exactly the same distinctive glasses as John.