Are Guns N' Roses over?

Encore

I mean, don't get me wrong they are the best and all, but do you think they will ever release am album again and if they do will people care about it? The public, not the fans. Does Axl care enough to release an album?

what are your thoughts?

Back in the day before internet bands would release an album, tour then nothing and you never knew when nothing would turn to something. These days we want new stuff right now always right now, that is society nowadays, instant gratification.

Are they over? of course not

Back in the day before internet bands would release an album, tour then nothing and you never knew when nothing would turn to something. These days we want new stuff right now always right now, that is society nowadays, instant gratification.

Are they over? of course not

that's not entirely true.

they would do interviews in mags, interviews on tv, and there was the whole fan club thing.

these days net is great for keeping with your fave bands - but there were ways to do it before its existence.

Guest Sleeping Like An Angel

Even if new music is never released they'll still tour with the old stuff at least I think.

So no they ain't over.

I don't know about new material, but I think this band will continue to tour the world for a very long time (in the future).

Axl needs it.

I wonder what he does with all his time?

Playing Call of Duty in the scudd with some ELO in the CD player is my guess.

Even if new music is never released they'll still tour with the old stuff at least I think.

So no they ain't over.

I hate to say it, but this band has been "over" for me, for awhile now.

Is it the members you don't like or just since the release of CD?

Would you go to see them in concert if you were nearby?

^ Yeah find that a little odd. After all that hes gone through you'd think there would have been darker years.

Do you think it was to do with the album? Maybe he was forced to release it regardless if he was happy or not?

So no they ain't over.

I hate to say it, but this band has been "over" for me, for awhile now.

Is it the members you don't like or just since the release of CD?

Would you go to see them in concert if you were nearby?

It's the music.

I could care less that slash is not in the band. most of my fave bands (my username for instance) have undergone lineup changes, but they've continued to make music that spoke to me.

this new lineup hasn't.

And yes if axl come close, i would pay to see "him", but it would be more for the whole concert experience, then wanting to hear cd songs.

^ Yeah find that a little odd. After all that hes gone through you'd think there would have been darker years.

Do you think it was to do with the album? Maybe he was forced to release it regardless if he was happy or not?

He said it after the 09 Tokyo show...I imagine it's largely to do with the Azoff shit that went down in regards to the album 'sabotage'/reunion plan/botched tour planning e.t.c.

I'd rather see GnR Not tour now till 2012. And get the band in the studio for the rest of the year recording songs and finalizing the next album. And go about getting the album release properly, make sure that nothing can go wrong this time around with the marketing or distribution etc..

It would be better to concentrate on doing the 1 thing instead of balancing touring with trying to push out the next album out whilst dealing with all the court battles that are going on.

GnR shouldn't tour the U.S until they release another album, or at least, one of their strong songs that would be a hit on the radio. I want whats best for the band, so I think they should release the album or a new song before doing any more touring.

Didn't Axl say that 2008 was the worst year of his life?

I thought he was talking about 2009?

He said that this last year has been the worst year of his life, but he said that at the very end of 2009

2009 was definitely the worst year of my life, as well as 2010.

i think Axl did what he set out to do

finally released the mythical album and toured under the name he owns

theres nothing left to prove, to himself anyway, fans dont count

id say yes its done

Actually, there's still one more thing to prove. Axl said it himself after the VMA performance. He said that he was trying to get this new band to be as big as the old band. That never happened so, he's still got that on the plate.

i think Axl did what he set out to do

finally released the mythical album and toured under the name he owns

theres nothing left to prove, to himself anyway, fans dont count

id say yes its done

Actually, there's still one more thing to prove. Axl said it himself after the VMA performance. He said that he was trying to get this new band to be as big as the old band. That never happened so, he's still got that on the plate.

unlike the 2002 lineup (which I loved and still love) the current band is the strongest and the best one out of the cd lineups to have a decent shot at doing that, they all look like a 'band' now, they get along as good on the stage as they do off.