What did Axl do during Superbowl 2011 halftime?

Fun n' Games

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So basically Axl is an asshole for playing GnR songs with members of NIN, Primus, The Replacements but when Slash plays on a horribad remix of SCOM by the friggin' Black Eyed Peas ( worst hip hop/pop band there is right now ) it's cool because he loves to play guitar...

I know he isn't calling that Guns n' Roses...but I bet you wouldn't be so fond of the performance if he did, just be honnest...

So basically Axl is an asshole for playing GnR songs with members of NIN, Primus, The Replacements but when Slash plays on a horribad remix of SCOM by the friggin' Black Eyed Peas ( worst hip hop/pop band there is right now ) it's cool because he loves to play guitar...

I know he isn't calling that Guns n' Roses...but I bet you wouldn't be so fond of the performance if he did, just be honnest...

Slash is doing with VR what Axl is doing with GNR, but no one seems to mind that.

see the people in white jackets running to Slash at the end :rofl-lol:

it's like, you know!? :rofl-lol:

only 2 dislikes? come on guys, where are you?

Amazingly poor.. Nothing in there is real, and if you are a fan of GNR, you should be into "real".. I mean.. Atleast the "new boys" stays true to who they are and actually plays music with just a shred of feel... Slash has'nt made a track with that "feel" in years, closest he's come is Ghosts, but I credit that to Izzy.. He does'nt get a "full n fat" guitar sound without Iz.. Just the way it is..

What is most horrible about that video and most american shows is the fakeness of it.. Let 200 people jump brainlessly (MY WORD), and get a group that looks like radioactive breakdancers to be "artistic" while they all look like space robots with hair of metal (Or whatever that was).. There is nothing real.. All show.. Its like watching wrestling.. Makes me cringe.. ! Stop fucking with music and art and put on a real freakin' show for once...

Most fun part: The way Fergie walks to the marks left on stage, she's clearly not use to moving around unless someone tells her where to go.. ! Mechanical bitch.. Oh.. And she can prob. sing, but being able to sing is not the deal of it all, its performing, putting on a show, feeling them and the intensity they bring.. NO ONE does that like Axl Fuckin' Rose.. !

To Fergie, Slash and the rest of the showfolks, big, small or behind the scenes, I flip you this for participating, even that is f'n selling out.. ! :fuckyou:

Rant over... <_<

Edited by John Doe

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

No one's ragging on Slash. He was there for 30 seconds.

Correction. Slash is being ridiculed and it's because he chose to associate himself with such a train wreck. The Black Eyed Peas epitomize anti-rock n' roll. Certain quarters of the media are now actively bad mouthing GN'R collectively (and are warming to the idea that a reunion would be nothing other than anti-climatic).

people at my school were actually talking about this... and people never discuss GN'R in my school and if they do, it's the typical "Slash rocks / why no reunion?" kinda thing.. but I was shocked to see people coming to me to ask if Slash isn't just doing this to annoy Axl and people were talking about how Slash should somehow lose his 'permit' to play the song live (or whatever you call it)

personally I didn't see it, but judging by the picture in today's paper, he's gotten into some funky stuff with his top hat =/

But it just goes to show Fox has no business putting on Super Bowl.

But people are def. divided on halftime. They either thought it was great or a trainwreck.

But I guess we're back to pop stars at halftime and not geezer rock.

But I can't complain about that if a few thousand people bought some GNR songs from a 30 second appearance. Someone said it elsewhere though - we've seen Black Eyed Peas do the same exact performance not that long ago, and will see the same thing again. They were actually one of those "cool" hip hop groups before Fergie came along.

I guarantee Axl was nowhere near pissed off as anyone who came down from Pittsburgh or Green Bay expecting to watch the game at the stadium and not on a TV outside the stadium. That was the biggest clusterfuck of the day, more than Aguilera botching up the National Anthem.

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

he's gotten into some funky stuff with his top hat =/

I think it's pretty pathetic (not you) that some people are dissing the whole hat thing. Axl has had a few questionable wardrobes over the years, but did/do I give a fuck? Absolutely not. As long as the man can sing and move in a live capacity I'm content. My only criticism of Slash is that he agreed to his routine being incorporated into the Black Eyed Peas performance (and permitted Sweet Child O' Mine's integrity/pride to be raped by a horrible remix). Anything else is just trivial.

Edited by NewGNRnOldGNR

@Ghostie

Some would say Axl singing it is usually "karaoke time" compared to the studio recording. But whatever.

As far as nobody should be playing it except Axl, I'd disagree as long as Slash is out there and not playing with Axl.

I wouldn't call this bad:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18S25gSJ6eM

Nah, that ain't bad. On par with DJ doing Slash's guitar parts. It is what it is. To be fair, it's also pro shot and a really good mix. Also, it's a stellar audience.

It was just hard watching Fergie go at it when I know Axl could do so much better.

First of all, this thread tries to incorporate Axl, just so this stays in the Guns N' Roses forum. When Slash does something good, like make a kick ass song like Die By the Sword, it gets sent to the former gunners section where this belongs. Second, why don't we concentrate on Axl's next move. Obviously Axl has the best GNR lineup ever so the sky is the limit right? When do we start enjoying the fruits of Axl's current lineup via a new album and US tour.

I think you should change your user name to SMARTASS. :rofl-lol:

"No publicity is bad publicity" how many times was that line posted here when it came to what was being said about the band or Axl during the tour? Slash was viewed by 111 million people on Sunday remember "no publicity is bad publicity."

Cried his eyes out because he know he will never get asked to play at the halfftime unless he will reunite with the real GN'R.

btw. haters gonna hate --> just another excuse for the haters to bash Slash.

Ask yourself: Where is Axl? --> Nobody knows, because he is a fucking recluse who you won't see anywhere unless he is playing with is poor coverband, to make some money of the name Guns N' Roses.

Just get over the fact that Slash is nowaday still an icon and gets asked a lot of times to perform with other musicians, be happy about that. That guy wrote the guitarriffs and solo's of the songs which are the reason you guys are on this forum.

He was probably on the phone with his lawyers looking for a way to sue Slash for misrepresenting GNR by performing his song at the Super Bowl and therefore starting the rumor that Fergie has indeed replaced him as the frontman of GNR.

Don`t get me wrong with this comment, but have you ever stop to think for a second that maybe Slash should have accepted that idea of yours to sue Axl as well, for the awful perfomance at the 2002 VMAS, which was nothing but an embarrassment to the original GNR fans! Shitty voice, a guy that looked like a cross between a gothic and an alien, and a guy with a KFC bucket in his head. These were the real things that misrepresented the legend of GUNS N`ROSES. No RN`R style at all.

I cannot understand why all this criticism about Slash, the man was just playing at the biggest sports event of the year, despite of the bad vocal performance by Fergie, and despite not being a Hard Rock environment. What the fuck. He didn`t stopped to be himself just because oh that. Is a world guitar icon, if not the biggest guitar icon today, so for that, he is so requested to do this kind of shit.

Amazingly poor.. Nothing in there is real, and if you are a fan of GNR, you should be into "real".. I mean.. Atleast the "new boys" stays true to who they are and actually plays music with just a shred of feel... Slash has'nt made a track with that "feel" in years, closest he's come is Ghosts, but I credit that to Izzy.. He does'nt get a "full n fat" guitar sound without Iz.. Just the way it is..

not the way it is at all.