Guitarists that can match up to Bucket?

Vincent Vega

It's harder to take a shit in the woods than it is to use a toilet, doesn't mean it's better.

now, bucket may shred, but he does so in such a way that its melodic and serves the song, rather than leaping out of it and screaming "HEY LOOK AT ME IM DOING CRAZY SHIT WITH THE GUITAR, I AM STRUMMING IT WITH A FUCKING XYLOPHONE"

rofl-lol.gif Those quote are pure gold. Thanks guys

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Clearly both great Guitarists.

I personally prefer Bucketheads tone, especially live, he also has a gimmick like Slash has, which won him a lot of fans. Also a great stage presence, completely different to Slash (or anybody for that matter!)

They are elite musicians so I dont think their feelings would be hurt either way!

I'm basing my opinion on GNR stuff by the way, havent spent enough time listening to their original material, in detail.

In terms of technical ability both of them are miles ahead of any member Gnr has ever had, which is a compliment to both.

But technical ability isnt the be all and end all ! And the bottom line is, whether ppl like it or not, is that Slash is the guitarist that will forever be associated with anything GNR.

Clearly both great Guitarists.

I personally prefer Bucketheads tone, especially live, he also has a gimmick like Slash has, which won him a lot of fans. Also a great stage presence, completely different to Slash (or anybody for that matter!)

They are elite musicians so I dont think their feelings would be hurt either way!

I'm basing my opinion on GNR stuff by the way, havent spent enough time listening to their original material, in detail.

In terms of technical ability both of them are miles ahead of any member Gnr has ever had, which is a compliment to both.

But technical ability isnt the be all and end all ! And the bottom line is, whether ppl like it or not, is that Slash is the guitarist that will forever be associated with anything GNR.

true i hate doing this they are both great and bumble is my second favorite member of guns i just liked bucket a little more

the shackler's solo is nice, but i'd be willing to wager that if there were a bucket solo for the song it would not only compliment the song more, it'd be more pleasant to listen to.

There is and you couldn't be more wrong... Someone will upload it for you - I don't have it anymore.

I love Buckets contributions to CD. From all his work it is very clear he can do both the crazy/pyro shredder type playing and the soulful/feel-driven playing insanely well. What he put on Shacklers was definitely the former and even considering the type of song it is it's fucking awful. Bleep, bleep bleep...

the shackler's solo is nice, but i'd be willing to wager that if there were a bucket solo for the song it would not only compliment the song more, it'd be more pleasant to listen to.

There is and you couldn't be more wrong... Someone will upload it for you - I don't have it anymore.

I love Buckets contributions to CD. From all his work it is very clear he can do both the crazy/pyro shredder type playing and the soulful/feel-driven playing insanely well. What he put on Shacklers was definitely the former and even considering the type of song it is it's fucking awful. Bleep, bleep bleep...

I've never heard of the bucket version been available, it leaked when?

Guest Len B'stard
Yeah he was weird in style but with people like Lady GaGa being huge that kind of shit is acceptable now.

That says SOOO much about you dude..

Well I'm sure that we can all agree that Izzy is the best rhythm player :thumbsup:

Is richard considered a rythem player?

He is.... but unfortunately for him (i am not doubting his talent) he is drowned out by two other guitars, both live and on the album. Izzy just has the grove, doesn't try to do too much, but just does enough to be awesome.

For the record : I didn't say that Bucket isn't a guitar god, or even remotely suggested that he isn't bad...

I think he is better than Ron and Guthrie in some fields, but I really do believe that both of them are better technically.

Big deal..

For me, a guitarist's worth is measured through his/her ability to write great music. They have to be able to write catchy songs with palpable hooks. They have to have an understanding for the way in which chords/melody work together. This is why Bucket>Ron for me because Buckethead has a much better natural talent for understanding melody arrangement.

My ultimate guitarist would be something like Lennon/Cobain/Dylan/McCartney/Petty/Alexakis etc. I could give a rats ass about about technique. This is why, I'd take Izzy before Slash any day of the week. Slash knows how to write a great solo, but as far as entire songs? Izzy makes him look amateur.

Well I'm sure that we can all agree that Izzy is the best rhythm player :thumbsup:

Yes, but unlike Izzy, Richard hasn't written SHIT.

For the record : I didn't say that Bucket isn't a guitar god, or even remotely suggested that he isn't bad...

I think he is better than Ron and Guthrie in some fields, but I really do believe that both of them are better technically.

Big deal..

For me, a guitarist's worth is measured through his/her ability to write great music. They have to be able to write catchy songs with palpable hooks. They have to have an understanding for the way in which chords/melody work together. This is why Bucket>Ron for me because Buckethead has a much better natural talent for understanding melody arrangement.

My ultimate guitarist would be something like Lennon/Cobain/Dylan/McCartney/Petty/Alexakis etc. I could give a rats ass about about technique. This is why, I'd take Izzy before Slash any day of the week. Slash knows how to write a great solo, but as far as entire songs? Izzy makes him look amateur.

Except for this fucking gem...

Big deal..

I meant in Guns N Roses. As in, Izzy wrote tons of songs for Guns N Roses while Richard has written exactly ZERO for the band.

Edited by Nintari

Big deal..

I meant in Guns N Roses. As in, Izzy wrote tons of songs for Guns N Roses while Richard has written exactly ZERO for the band.

I know, but I thought you should hear it!

Big deal..

I know, but I thought you should hear it!

Not that it matters either way, but I don't see anything about who wrote what on that. All it says is "featured".

did someone really say that bucket has a better aucostic sound?

Man i''ll say this. If Axl wants to sound like Queen did back in the day, Bumblefoot was the best hire he could have ever made. that shadow song reminded me of Freddie's style of writing so much it was scary.

Hi Ppl I mean no offence here!

As much as I love Izzy's songwriting, I dont hear any of his solo songs storming through the charts cos of his use of chord changes or bluesy/country singing....And his guitarists dont seem to have the knack either....

Writing chords and having an unbelievable God given talent for writing riffs and solo's are totally different things...I'm sure Izzy would approve of Slash's ability of turing D, C, G, D into an unbelievably amazing and memorable Intro is much appreciated!

Ron would get the plus points for me in terms of arrangement cos bucket doesnt sing....I've written 100 songs, maybe 10 with lyrics, which goes to show the difficulty guitarists have with turning a great riff / chords into a great song!

"My ultimate guitarist would be something like Lennon/Cobain/Dylan/McCartney/Petty/Alexakis etc"

In relation to this qoute I just find it surprising that you would follow a band like GNR ....im not having a go but when you look at Slash, Bucket, Ron, Fortus etc surely I would have thought Lead guitar was your preference! No Offence it just surprises me! PS I love the above! But in a band like GNR surely the lead guitar was at least 40% of the attraction?!

Edited by Irish Rose

"My ultimate guitarist would be something like Lennon/Cobain/Dylan/McCartney/Petty/Alexakis etc"

In relation to this qoute I just find it surprising that you would follow a band like GNR ....im not having a go but when you look at Slash, Bucket, Ron, Fortus etc surely I would have thought Lead guitar was your preference! No Offence it just surprises me! PS I love the above! But in a band like GNR surely the lead guitar was at least 40% of the attraction?!

My attraction to Guns N Roses was the music they created as a group. I'm not attracted to one thing or another, just the music. This is why I don't care about Slash Vs. Axl. This is why I don't take sides when they fight because I only care about the art these two made together and the art they make on their own.

I'm all about the music. So a singer/songwriter/performer is my favorite type of musician. To me, I'd take someone like Tom Petty over Slash because at the end of the day, Tom's going to be able to sit in a room, all by himself, without any help whatsoever from vocalists or other players and come up with something as great as "Last Dance With Marry Jane". I think that takes much more talent then simply laying down a good solo over the top of someone else's work. In my opinion, singer/songwriter/performers are the most talented musicians in the world....atleast the good ones who write catchy music anyway.

Edited by Nintari

but since I heard studio version of Riad I've loved that solo, it's the best solo on album.

This is a joke right?

Hands down the lowest point on the album, even worse than Finck's abortion of a solo on TIL.

Are you honestly trying to say someone's opinion is wrong because it's not Bucket playing it? Young_Gun has the right idea. You're just ignorant.

Riad solo is Bumble AND Bucket.

No, it's all Bumble.