Ashba in March/April 2011 Revolver Magazine

hodge4443

not discounting this interview, but the past has shown that unless axl says it/confirms, one should always be a little skeptical.

i would prefer to hear all the old material first. maybe there are some hidden gems in there.

3 albums-4 albums, they're prob. just saying they have 3-4 hours of potential songs to work with, and will prob. work on completely new songs if none of them work out. UYI is 4 albums worth of material, and there were still songs left off.

We actually know that's not the case, it's not just a bunch of unfinished music... there are a bunch of songs that are; 1) finished or 2) nearly finished.

Edited by axl8302

3 albums-4 albums, they're prob. just saying they have 3-4 hours of potential songs to work with, and will prob. work on completely new songs if none of them work out. UYI is 4 albums worth of material, and there were still songs left off.

We actually know that's not the case, it's not just a bunch of unfinished music... there are a bunch of songs that are; 1) finished or 2) nearly finished.

Not trying to put words in anyones mouth but i think he meant that of those songs not all of them are completed. they may very well have another album completely done and then have some other stuff that isn't as far along. JMO.

yeah DJ is the shit. not everyone has to like Sixx A.M., but the riffs and guitar work are pretty f'n good. I really want the band to get in the studio. Yeah, bucket was awesome, but bumble and dj are pretty good too. I really just want to hear something new...................................don't you?

I've just been wondering for a long time.... what if

What If GN'R would just record fresh songs and maybe polish some CD era songs and put out CD2, tour USA, Asia and Europe again.

Write for 2 or 3 years and put out a final album (don't forget Axl is not getting any younger)

Think of what might come out after that... cd's/box sets of

1985 to 1995 material (unreleased)

1995 to 2008 material (unreleased)

2008 to 2015 ? (from current line up)

That's a lot of material, as long as these guy's start writing and recording !

Edited by merces

We can only speculate how far done the CD sessions stuff is.

I'd imagine that there is a lot of stuff but how usable it is...

I mean let's face it. Say there is a lot of that industrial vibed contemporary stuff there, would you have these guys release it? Me and my kindred spirits might love it but in the bigger scope of things, 1999 electronica sounds paired with guitar work, that kind of sound has had its best before date set at ten years ago. It will take another ten before it's cool in a retro sense, so maybe it's best to leave that "edgy new phenomenal contemporary sound" unreleased... as sad as it is.

No matter how many guitar tracks you lay ontop of a 1999 electro beat its going to sound embarrassing coming from these guys anyway.

We can only speculate how far done the CD sessions stuff is.

I'd imagine that there is a lot of stuff but how usable it is...

I mean let's face it. Say there is a lot of that industrial vibed contemporary stuff there, would you have these guys release it? Me and my kindred spirits might love it but in the bigger scope of things, 1999 electronica sounds paired with guitar work, that kind of sound has had its best before date set at ten years ago. It will take another ten before it's cool in a retro sense, so maybe it's best to leave that "edgy new phenomenal contemporary sound" unreleased... as sad as it is.

No matter how many guitar tracks you lay ontop of a 1999 electro beat its going to sound embarrassing coming from these guys anyway.

I think the Axl epics will be good to go. Maybe get an opener from the new band. Dj must have at least one GNR worthy riff.