Why isn't Axl inducted to the Walk of Fame?

Guest Sleeping Like An Angel

^^This is a GNR forum. And since Slash played such a huge part in GNR history

:violin:

Please just stop

And to state that slash shouldn't be discussed at a gnr forum is abviously coming from people who are insecure about the new band. your vag n chill.

What don't you understand about former member section?

I don't bring him up. Everytime I log on, there are people talking about him or bashing him in nearly every thread.

and your the main one that talks about Slash, so what do YOU not understand.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't read threw this thread. But all I have to say is The Walk of Fame is a joke. Not an honor. All it is, is self promotion. Something Axl has tried very hard to stay away from and I big reason why I am a fan.

I didn't read threw this thread. But all I have to say is The Walk of Fame is a joke. Not an honor. All it is, is self promotion. Something Axl has tried very hard to stay away from and I big reason why I am a fan.

Next time before you jump in a topic please try to figure out what is going on in the thread!

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

Axl is and was the fall guy (in terms of the breakdown of “old” GN’R). Slash is widely regarded as a hero of some sort, a victim of Axl’s supposed artistic suppression. Perhaps that is why Axl is yet to obtain a place on the “Walk of Fame”.

Edited by NewGNRnOldGNR

Please just stop

And to state that slash shouldn't be discussed at a gnr forum is abviously coming from people who are insecure about the new band. your vag n chill.

Your hate for slash does not and will not dictate when his name is brought up.

Guest siliconmessiah

Please just stop

But you reside in a part of this forum for Guns N´ Roses, and is constantly bringing up a discussion about a person who is not in Guns N´ Roses, and never,ever will be playing with Guns N´ Roses ever.

That is weird.

Sla$h plays with Fergie now. So, here you go: http://fergie.blackeyedpeas.com/

Or you have the former gunners section.

Edited by siliconmessiah

Please just stop

But you reside in a part of this forum for Guns N´ Roses, and is constantly bringing up a discussion about a person who is not in Guns N´ Roses, and never,ever will be playing with Guns N´ Roses ever.

That is weird.

You must be mistaken, I am not "constantly' bringing up slash, I am more or less just critisizing the one sided rhetoric that is corrupting this forum. Slash is a big part of why gnr is what it is today, and every now and then there will be a discussion where it is valid to talk about his contibutions in this section

Guest siliconmessiah

You must be mistaken, I am not "constantly' bringing up slash, I am more or less just critisizing the one sided rhetoric that is corrupting this forum. Slash is a big part of why gnr is what it is today, and every now and then there will be a discussion where it is valid to talk about his contibutions in this section

But he is not in the band goddamn it, and he will never be!

How hard is it to understand?

He is not contributing to the band. He WAS contributing to the band, therefore, you could go discuss him in the "former gunners section" or as I said, at Fergies homepage - she has a community too.

But he is not in the band goddamn it, and he will never be!

How hard is it to understand?

He is not contributing to the band. He WAS contributing to the band, therefore, you could go discuss him in the "former gunners section" or as I said, at Fergies homepage - she has a community too.

His contributions still linger within the new band - the songs they play, the solos the guitarists emulate, etc. Like it or not certain things that pertain to those subjects will be occasionally discussed in this section

but was in on making GNR as huge as it became and gave a big part of its sound.

Being frowned upon for mentioning a cornerstone of GNR's history is what's weird.

It's like not being allowed to mention Keith Moon in a Who forum. Or Ritchie Blackmore in a Deep Purple forum. Or Paul Dianno in a Maiden forum. :shrugs:

good luck with that :lol:

Guest siliconmessiah

but was in on making GNR as huge as it became and gave a big part of its sound.

Being frowned upon for mentioning a cornerstone of GNR's history is what's weird.

It's like not being allowed to mention Keith Moon in a Who forum. Or Ritchie Blackmore in a Deep Purple forum. Or Paul Dianno in a Maiden forum. :shrugs:

good luck with that :lol:

You seem to not be able to locate the real problem. The problem that causes friction, and anger among the fans who wants to discuss how good, energetic and talented Guns N´ Roses of 2011 actually is:

All the generic envious posters that get created here everyday - talking about how Slash did this, and Slash does this better than this guitarist, and why is Axl´s not this when Slash is this yaddafuck.

It gets tiresome in the long run. Especially when we all know, that these two will never share a stage again. Then let us move forward.

When in fact Slash is a has-been, and does not contribute anything to the scene today. He produces random blues-oriented albums that could be from 199X. While Axl has moved on from that.

We all know, that Axl could have handled this better, by continuosly releasing music. But he did not do this, and that is something the fans in common is not so happy about.

But anyway, Axl turned a drugged band on the verge of demise, he rebuilt it to a big machine that has been rolling on pretty well since 2006.

He did it very well, and I am happy about that my favourite band still rocks on. We have gotten good music, although I wish there had been more. But it will in time.

I am really happy that gnr lives on as well. I love chinese democracy to death, I think it is a masterpiece. I understand that there are a lot of pricks who bash axl and defend slash 24/7 and it is frustrating. But there are quite a few of us who bring up slash not to slander axl but to add to the conversation. Sure, bringing up slashs superbowl performance should belong in former gunners section and shouldn't be brought up here, but there are certain topics that pertain to present day gnr that may involve mentioning slash.

Just read the first few pages of this thread and you will see that Slash was not brought up by some so called "Slashites" this time. It's always the same: A "Slashite" criticizes Axl and than the "Axlites" bash Slash or a "Axilte" criticizes Slash and than the "Slashites" bash Axl and so on and so on and so on and so on and so on and so on and so on and so on and so on and so on...

So you like the fact he does no interviews, publicity shots, tv appearances, U.S. tours, music videos, guest appearances? I can see how that could make someone a big fan. :drevil:

One of the biggest things I like about Axl is he doesn't bow down and kiss everyones ass! Which is about all those things you listed are. Minus the US touring which is bullshit too post.

Edited by AmyL

Just read the first few pages of this thread and you will see that Slash was not brought up by some so called "Slashites" this time. It's always the same: A "Slashite" criticizes Axl and than the "Axlites" bash Slash or a "Axilte" criticizes Slash and than the "Slashites" bash Axl and so on and so on and so on and so on and so on and so on and so on and so on and so on and so on...

sums up mygnr nicely. :thumbsup:

Please just stop

That is weird.

Sla$h plays with Fergie now. So, here you go: http://fergie.blackeyedpeas.com/

Or you have the former gunners section.

+1

Haters/wannabe GNR fans can learn from this post.

Obviously you haven't read the counterarguments - or maybe you have and ignored them because you realise that you are not right?