Poll: Re - release/ CD II / New song in 2011

Guest Gunns

108 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest gunns5

Lets see what the general consensus is here. Do you think we will see anything this year or just more touring?

new song?

new album?

re-release?

Discuss

Lets see what the general consensus is here. Do you think we will see anything this year or just more touring?

new song?

new album?

re-release?

Discuss

I personally think a re-release, coupled with some sort of tour, is inevitable. We have confirmation of Rock in Rio, Guns have never really done just a one date show, its not Axl's style, so something should happen before and/or after Rio. Also Best Buy clearing out Chidem for $1.99US is pretty telling, maybe making way for the re-release. But those are my thoughts and assumptions. Hope it goes ahead.

Guest siliconmessiah

CD II & Tour!

+1

I can hardly see them taking the CD-tour to Brazil for so many years in a row.

I believe that we´ll se a new album in august/september.

EDIT: AXL HAS RULED OUT THE PLANS OF A RE-RELEASE OF CHINESE DEMOCRACY.

"There are no concrete plans nor were there ever for a tour, a relaunch or sponsors..."

Edited by siliconmessiah

CD II & Tour!

+1

I can hardly see them taking the CD-tour to Brazil for so many years in a row.

I believe that we´ll se a new album in august/september.

EDIT: AXL HAS RULED OUT THE PLANS OF A RE-RELEASE OF CHINESE DEMOCRACY.

"There are no concrete plans nor were there ever for a tour, a relaunch or sponsors..."

I hardly think that constitutes to "ruling out".

Edited by Young_Gun

Maybe more shows, followed by an uneventfull 2011.

If we're lucky we'll have new material in some form during 2012.

This is, of course, only my guess but I hope I'm wrong and we'll get more without having to wait long.

I wish Axl would simply say "there are plans to release new music"...because last time I checked, he did not know and did not care... :shrugs:

Maybe he'll open up in Rio...seems like a good place for him to give that kind of news.

I wish Axl would simply say "there are plans to release new music"...because last time I checked, he did not know and did not care... :shrugs:

Maybe he'll open up in Rio...seems like a good place for him to give that kind of news.

I think he is in shit with the record label after abandoning ship during CD I's release. Well, Best Buy, Interscope and whoever else at the label....

I think he is in shit with the record label after abandoning ship during CD I's release. Well, Best Buy, Interscope and whoever else at the label....

If they like money, they'll release whatever new material they can.

Guest siliconmessiah

Not to sound like an ass, because I like Guns N´ Roses a lot, enjoy the songs and have been a fan for many years.

But another OMFG-Chinese Democracy-setlist would be half-assed.

Edited by siliconmessiah

If CDII refers to ten year old, outdated material played by members no longer in the band, I'd just prefer a single or an EP with this current band.

Come to think of it, I'd rather have nothing than more CD sounding material out

Edited by Changes

Guest siliconmessiah

I dunno man Checkmate sounds sick

It sure does...I´d love to have the full version.

Haha, yes but you also think CD is the greatest album of all time so I'm guessing we have different tastes.

I'm actually giving CD a listen as we speak to try and accept it. I really want to. My biggest wish is for Axl to have kept his Lies voice though :(

Haha, yes but you also think CD is the greatest album of all time so I'm guessing we have different tastes.

I'm actually giving CD a listen as we speak to try and accept it. I really want to. My biggest wish is for Axl to have kept his Lies voice though :(

checkmate sounds better than anything on CD (my opinion)

honestly give CD a fair chance. every time you listen to it you will hear different sounds from all speakers. it's quite a phenomenon.

you can't really compare the few seconds of checkmate we got to hear, with all the songs from Chinese.

I do think the little we have sounds fuckin' great and if that's what the rest of the material sounds like, I think it could be a badass album.

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

I honestly thought 2011 was going to be a year of inactivity. I was genuinely shocked to read that Guns N’ Roses are partaking in RIR 2011. I wouldn’t rule anything out (certainly I’d love to hear the rest of the material put together during the “Chinese Democracy” sessions – preferably untouched).

I think Axl once told Baz that "The General" would be released in 2012, so my guess would be CD II in 2012. Would be nice to at least get a new song leak this year, but I think it would have happened already if it was going to happen. Hope we get some news soon because this forum is getting really boring. Throw us a bone Axl.

I try not to have high expectations about the future. It’s less disappointing if you just let things happen. I don’t know why, but I’m not even sure they’ll play in RIR (!). So many things can happen in 6 mounths. But seriously, I’m not trying to be a pessimist, I’m even doing extra shifts to get the money to go to RIR.

Now if we could have new song(s) this year... wow, it would be sooo amazing :shades: