Poll: Re - release/ CD II / New song in 2011

Guest Gunns

108 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I think the RIR appearence will be the last we'll ever see from Guns N Roses, which makes me really sad cause I'm a major fan of G'N'R in any shape or form. But I can't see how the younger guys in the band are gonna want to stick around when nothing happens. I personally wouldn't ever wanna play in a band like Guns where every move seems to be like the most complicated thing in the universe. So while they wait as eagerly as we do for something to happen I think they're gonna use the Guns name (no hating here, I'd have done the same) to promote their solo stuff and then move on.

Guest gunns5

before I see any new material released or played live, I want to see the current band perform Riad live, Rio will be a good time for it to happen.

Guest gunns5

I will post naked pictures of my wife on this very forum if we hear anything resembling new material in 2011. Seriously, that's a promise.

That's how much I don't believe it'll happen.

What if new material is actually released, and your wife won't let you post the nude pics? Will you post naked ones of yourself instead?

unless its a lesbian couple, lets just keep it to the wife pics.

I wish Axl would simply say "there are plans to release new music"...because last time I checked, he did not know and did not care... :shrugs:

Maybe he'll open up in Rio...seems like a good place for him to give that kind of news.

I think he is in shit with the record label after abandoning ship during CD I's release. Well, Best Buy, Interscope and whoever else at the label....

How did he abandon ship? What happened with that?

I wish Axl would simply say "there are plans to release new music"...because last time I checked, he did not know and did not care... :shrugs:

Maybe he'll open up in Rio...seems like a good place for him to give that kind of news.

I think he is in shit with the record label after abandoning ship during CD I's release. Well, Best Buy, Interscope and whoever else at the label....

This is just my opinion, but he abandoned ship by doing zero promotion, no music videos, no shows, no real interviews, no announcement from Axl himself etc. The official website was the LAST website to post the release date. Axl's presence was non-existent save for the forum chats(which were awesome).

This is just my opinion, but he abandoned ship by doing zero promotion, no music videos, no shows, no real interviews, no announcement from Axl himself etc. The official website was the LAST website to post the release date. Axl's presence was non-existent save for the forum chats(which were awesome).

Ah yeh I remember that now! Yeh that was pretty bad. I know Axl has his reasons and some are obv valid but come on he worked his ass off for a decade on those songs and then no real big promo! There's just no excuse for him doing that little IMO. It comes off like he doesn't care and I'm sure he does so it doesn't make sense. It's all very messed up. Do you think he was pissed off at the label for something and refused to do promo?

Edited by Janis

Ah yeh I remember that now! Yeh that was pretty bad. I know Axl has his reasons and some are obv valid but come on he worked his ass off for a decade on those songs and then no real big promo! There's just no excuse for him doing that little IMO. It comes off like he doesn't care and I'm sure he does so it doesn't make sense. It's all very messed up. Do you think he was pissed off at the label for something and refused to do promo?

From what i gather from the Azoff lawsuit files, is that once Axl handed over the master copies of Chidem, the record label and Guns management went their own way on how to release it. The 2006-2007 tour was merely to gather up funds on Axl's part to finish off the record and pay everyone's salaries. I think the record label washed their hands with Chidem back in 2004 when they cut off funding(no one can deny this) and put out the greatest hits CD which was a mega success and still is. I think the label thought "fuck this, the greatest hits will recoup most of the money we put into it" and were mostly done by Axl's antics, it was then upto Axl to put up the rest of the money, hence the 2006-07 tour. They then went with Best Buy to cover the advertising, print, promo etc. Best Buy got shafted really, they still have a whole stack of albums sitting there, hence why they dropped the price to $2. I don't think the label care anymore, they received their money, however, they still have ownership of the rest of the songs in the vault, as they paid for the studio time and still have Axl on contract.

This is just from what i have gathered, i could very well be wrong on some things, but some things are pretty much fact.

Come to think of it, I'd rather have nothing than more CD sounding material out

I dunno man Checkmate sounds sick

Haha, yes but you also think CD is the greatest album of all time so I'm guessing we have different tastes.

I'm actually giving CD a listen as we speak to try and accept it. I really want to. My biggest wish is for Axl to have kept his Lies voice though :(

checkmate sounds better than anything on CD (my opinion)

honestly give CD a fair chance. every time you listen to it you will hear different sounds from all speakers. it's quite a phenomenon.

Just wanted to let you know I'm making progress. Just added Catcher to my playlist!

I would feel satisfied with- tour/RIR with also some update as to what's happening with the second album.

What would be super awesome is if Axl talked about the new album and how they planned to release it sometime 2012 and also introduced a new song live from the new album at RIR.

That is the best we can get from this year imo.

I would feel satisfied with- tour/RIR with also some update as to what's happening with the second album.

What would be super awesome is if Axl talked about the new album and how they planned to release it sometime 2012 and also introduced a new song live from the new album at RIR.

Even if they don't release an album. A single that was on the radio for six months would be a great way to get things moving.

Even if they don't release an album. A single that was on the radio for six months would be a great way to get things moving.

In fact i think you could be mine came out several months before the UYI releases.

In fact i think you could be mine came out several months before the UYI releases.

Yeah, it came out coinsiding with the release of Terminator 2 that summer, June I think.

Then Don't Cry was released around the same date as the albums.

Yeah, it came out coinsiding with the release of Terminator 2 that summer, June I think.

If only we could get that this year. Release checkmate before Rio. Do Rio. start tour in States three to four months later and have it coincide with an album release.

If only we could get that this year. Release checkmate before Rio. Do Rio. start tour in States three to four months later and have it coincide with an album release.

How about:

- Release a new single for the summer (with a video)

- Do a smaller warm-up tour in the US this summer

- Rock in Rio (showcase some of the new material)

- Release the album + new single (and video)

- Start the major US tour in the end of this year

- Continue rest of the world in 2012

Pretty much the same as you said I guess, but I have a feeling they'll tour a little bit more ahead of the Rio date.

How about:

- Release a new single for the summer (with a video)

- Do a smaller warm-up tour in the US this summer

- Rock in Rio (showcase some of the new material)

- Release the album + new single (and video)

- Start the major US tour in the end of this year

- Continue rest of the world in 2012

Pretty much the same as you said I guess, but I have a feeling they'll tour a little bit more ahead of the Rio date.

Dude I'd love that too. I'll take anything to be honest

Somewhat cryptic, but I have a strong feeling RIR won't be the only thing we'll see from GNR this year...

Tommy Stinson twitter:

This will be a very interesting year indeed. Hold on to your hats!!!

I think you are right. Guns have never ever done just one show(especially this big) and that's it. They have always followed or lead up to a show. In other words, Axl never does 'one off" shows. There will definitely be more dates to come.