Silkworms - RIR III the only time it was played?

nambis

OK guys, I don't know much about silkworms because (i think) it was only ever played once before, and RIR III. However, I do beleive that Axl once said (in the chats, maybe) they had reworked the song, so there is evidence from the man himself that the song still exists... I was just thinking - wouldn't it be totally AWESOME and FITTING if the band played it again at RIR this year, on the 10th anniversary of the other time it was played? They also twittered that they might release new music on their facebook this year... it would be AMAZING if they released the studio silkworms on facebook, and then played it live at RIR! rock3

well, to be honest i'm not interested in any of the leak rumors/leak circles, but i'm hoping for an actual official release from the band AND another new song to add to the live setlists! i've probably only heard the RIR3 version a handful of times, and not for a few years so it would be like an almost totally new song for me!

It was also played at the House of Blues the same year. I have heard there is a studio leak of this floating around somewhere, and of course the hoarders don't want to share, all they want to do is make money.

If money was desired everything would have leaked by now. It is not about money, it is about power and the feeling of being privileged over millions.

i've only heard the song just a few times, and not for years. i don't remember it all actually, except that it was quite electronic. so i would like to hear it again. i was just thinking that RIR would be a really appropriate place to play it, but that's probably wishful thinking. i really hope we heard some new music this year, though.

OK guys, I don't know much about silkworms because (i think) it was only ever played once before, and RIR III. However, I do beleive that Axl once said (in the chats, maybe) they had reworked the song, so there is evidence from the man himself that the song still exists... I was just thinking - wouldn't it be totally AWESOME and FITTING if the band played it again at RIR this year, on the 10th anniversary of the other time it was played? They also twittered that they might release new music on their facebook this year... it would be AMAZING if they released the studio silkworms on facebook, and then played it live at RIR! rock3

It was also played at the Vegas shows at the Hard Rock in December 2001. I was at the first of the two shows and I must say the song is very good live. I hated the bootlegs I had heard of the HOB and The RIR shows but in person silkworms is actually really good.