After listening to the new SIXX AM album...

SlashFinck666

I really hope Axl isn't writing with DJAshba what a generic crock of shit that album is.Nugnr fans surely can't think that DJASHBA is capable of writing great GnR songs.Not one memorable riff or song in sight.Makes Slash's solo album look as good as Appetite.Nugnr is surely dead if Axl writes any songs with DJ

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What the hell are you talking about?! :fuckyou:

Have you listened to "Live Forever"? <_<

And Dj haven't wrote the whole album by himselft, Nikki and James AND(!!!) Dj wrote that album.

If Dj write an album with Axl, I think it will be much better than this.

Edited by Roy_GNR

I'm afraid I have to agree...

As much as they are "catchy" songs, they aren't anything special. They lack attitude, they sounds generic. As SunnyDre would say, it's "disposable" rock.

The only song that stands out a bit, imo, is Sure Feels Right...It's a great summer song and the solo is pretty good but, once again, it's not "special" in any way.

The album sounds like it could have been written by maybe 20 other successful bands but I doubt it will be remembered ten years from now. I know that they weren't trying to write a classic rock album that will stand the test of time but DJ, as much as I think that he's a good guitarist, has yet to write anything "special" imo. He writes good catchy tunes, but nothing that another band couldn't have come up with.

On the other hand, the album is number 1 on the hard rock charts now so I guess he's doing something right.

I really hope Axl isn't writing with DJAshba what a generic crock of shit that album is.Nugnr fans surely can't think that DJASHBA is capable of writing great GnR songs.Not one memorable riff or song in sight.Makes Slash's solo album look as good as Appetite.Nugnr is surely dead if Axl writes any songs with DJ

sixx am don't have a songwriter like axl, think before you type. dj + nikki is worse than dj + axl.

Guest gunns5

sixx am don't have a songwriter like axl, think before you type. dj + nikki is worse than dj + axl.

hence why slash's album is mediocre

What DJ has done with Nikki Sixx and James Michael won't be what he will do with Axl cause they're not the same people! Just like VR wasn't the same as GNR or how Loaded isn't the same as GNR.

Axl belives in DJ and I believe in Axl. He hasn't given me a reason not to so far.

Edited by RocketQueen1985

oh I agree axl can make shit shine just look at CD take his voice off that album what are u left with apart from the occasional great guitar solo from BH or Finck?An overproduced cut and paste mess not a great rock n roll album

I'm not a huge fan of the new Sixx: AM album either, which is a shame as it was THE album I was waiting for this year. It has a few good tracks but not as good as the last album. It seems they went for a more generic radio friendly sound.

Still, Ashba has proven himself to be a great songwriter in the past, Saints Of Los Angeles was awsome so I still have high hopes for anything Ashba is writing for GN'R.

Edited by LesPaul_Player_91

Guest gunns5

You are not typing much sense these days. Your opinion isn't needed on this topic. I challenge you to keep your pie hole closed for at least one day.

why don't you have a slice of that pie and take your own advice?

ha.. ha.. you actually listened to that entire album?

I could have told you it was going to be a generic pile of shit the day they announced they were writing it. Glad to see more people recognizing DJ for the talentless poser he is

i actually like a lot of Dj's work

the guys only on 3 real albums, beautiful creatures and the 2 sixx am ones and i dig them all

the new sixx am album had some quality tunes, although it coulda used a few rockers

he can be kind of a tool though with the whole "we beat someone up story!" and his look and merchandise at 40 years old

ha.. ha.. you actually listened to that entire album?

I could have told you it was going to be a generic pile of shit the day they announced they were writing it. Glad to see more people recognizing DJ for the talentless poser he is

actually I got to track 3 and was getting pissed off with it thought i'd give it a chance listened to another few songs and turned it off lol.DJ to me is like the rich kid at school who has everything he wants but he's actually all the gear and no fucking idea lol

There's a lot of retards on this and every other forum, everyone here loves Guns N Roses new or old you couldn't love them if the AFD lineup failed, so automatically caring for any GNR you must respect the old lineup.

For the nuGNR fans, today's lineup (we don't even know ho is in or out) says that they "feel" like a band,what other can they feel you spend 7 days with someone and you start caring for him. But why don't they have a photo session or smt for the band, BECAUSE IT'S Axl Rose solo project, you can't deny that, the guy owns the name and everything related to the band. They are all hired players who have to kiss Axls ass to stay in the band.

You are not typing much sense these days. Your opinion isn't needed on this topic. I challenge you to keep your pie hole closed for at least one day.

you're still mad because i made you look silly with my sig

u-mad.jpg

oh and if i want ur opinion sonofabitch, i'll give it

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

Axl is obviously going to integrate the style of Dj with another (presumably Bumblefoot) to produce something entirely original (he always does). There’s clearly a purpose to Dj (from Axl’s perspective) otherwise the guy just wouldn’t be anywhere near the project (Rose is a very competent director as demonstrated by past efforts).

Axl is obviously going to integrate the style of Dj with another (presumably Bumblefoot) to produce something entirely original (he always does). There’s clearly a purpose to Dj (from Axl’s perspective) otherwise the guy just wouldn’t be anywhere near the project (Rose is a very competent director as demonstrated by past efforts).

The part DJ plays in the band is that he fills the hole of the "completely necessary" third guitar player in the band. He looks right so he fits for the tour they did. How can one think Axl is competent in picking musicians when this guy's material is nothing more than "alright"? Same goes for Bumblefoot, he got picked last minute before the 2006 tour because he fit the shredder role. Not exactly a logical choice for making music, but quite a good choice for fitting in with the image and looking cool on stage.

DERP

26890_120395041309854_100000180760244_288333_5566384_n.jpg

The new Sixx album is amazing in my opinion. Like Chinese Democracy, most of the songs grew on me.

I know I will catch some shit for saying this, and as always I don't care, but DJ sounds more like Bucket to me than Ron. I love his feel and after the next album I can't wait to hear what this new band with DJ has to offer.

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

The part DJ plays in the band is that he fills the hole of the "completely necessary" third guitar player in the band.

"I had no idea I was on Axl's radar. He told me, 'I've been following your career for 10 years."

The reality is, whether you like it or not, Dj Ashba is 2010’s Buckethead (in terms of importance to Axl). Bumblefoot and Fortus are the secondary and tertiary guitarists respectively.

Edited by NewGNRnOldGNR

new SIXX AM record is not a masterpiece of cource, but is decent with some really catchy songs like Live Forever

the thing is, it cointains too little solos contrary to the first Beautiful Creatures album, where in every song you could find a breathtaking Ashba's solo

maybe Ashba isn't a good songwriter, but:

-Axl won't release any song that is solely written by Ashba

-it'll be enough when Axl tells Ashba where to put a solo and how long it should be... all in all, Ashba's best work = solos and Axl is a songwriter

so I'm not worried, besides if Axl decides to put a new album, first it'll include old stuff with Bucket & Finck...

i'll surely wait until he works on GnR tunes before making an opinion.

+ Liked Beautiful Creatures

+ Enjoyed the heroin diaries

+ liked a couple tunes on Saints of Los Angeles with the Crue

+ thought he put on a good show when I saw him live with Gn'R & with Sixx:A.M. respectively

- this is gonna hurt is alright - not up to Heroin Diaries standard for me however

So all 'n all i'll take 4 positives from 1 negative: give 'em a chance to work with Axl & let's see (fuckin' eventually) what shakes loose