How disappointed will you be if Axl doesn't play new songs at Rock In Rio and announce a release date for CD II?

ITW 2012

How disappointed will you be if Axl doesn't play new songs at Rock In Rio and announce a release date for CD II? Ali, please don't post anything about Axl not owing us anything because it's not even about that.

Edited by ITW 2012

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Axl does what he wants. I have accepted that.

I just like hearing him sing, as he has an inimitable timbre to his voice. Anything he sings, I'm cool with. I don't presume to dictate to him what he should or shouldn't sing. It's all good.

I'll be disappointed if its the same show, same songs,... essentially same setlist as previous years :/ He has a huge wealth of well known, and great, material.... it would be cool to see him shake it up a bit. Not really the GnR way though, or Axl way. Even the old band, it used to annoy me slightly, that they would essentially do the same shows day and night.

BUT, I'm not going so me on the opposite side of the world from that show really has no say,.. and I'm certain the majority of the audience will fucking love the show and not care about new songs, old songs, or regurgitated setlists. Which is what matters really.

I guess in the back of my mind I am hopeful of hearing something new. At both the the previous real RIR shows we have heard new material but it wouldn't surprise me if that changes this time around.

I am just happy that GN'R are playing a few shows again and that we will all have a new pro shot dvd out of it.

Fairly disappointed.

The reason is becuase I think this is a great way to debut new songs, infront of 200,000 fans, with fan's streaming it worldwide, and it is symbolic becuase at the last 2 Rock In Rio's GN'R debuted new songs. It will be a great way to move forward from Chinese Democracy, and onto the new era of Guns N' Roses at the biggest music festival in the world.

Like I said before, just one new song, and I'm good.

Edited by GNR123GNR456

not trying to sound like a "fanboy" (although to be honest, that's pretty much exactly what i am; cuz i love this band so much), but i wouldn't be disappointed, cuz it's not my show. further, i, as a US citizen- someone who has not seen GN'R live since CD's release- would still like to see 2009's/2010's setlist live if i can.

good luck on the upcoming shows, boys. you fucking rule. :thumbsup:

only a fool would expect such a thing

If somebody told you ten years ago that Axl would still be doing the Chinese Democracy Tour in 2011 you would have called them a fool.

Yeah, but then everyone found out just how productive he is when he has his way. Id be shocked if new songs were played or a release date were announced.

How disappointed will you be if Axl doesn't play new songs at Rock In Rio and announce a release date for CD II? Ali, please don't post anything about Axl not owing us anything because it's not even about that.

Well, he doesn't owe us anything. It is about that. Sure, it would be nice if a new song was played. But, there is no reason to think that GN'R will. So, yeah, you can be disappointed. But, it's your own fault for setting yourself up for disappointment. I could understand the disappointment more if GN'R themselves said they would play new songs. But, that's not the case here. :shrugs:

Ali

:violin:

I know it sucks when someone points out the truth.

Go ahead, Randy, be disappointed. But, be aware enough to realize that there was NO indication whatsoever that any new song would be played and then think about why you are really disappointed.

Ali

Go ahead, Randy, be disappointed. But, be aware enough to realize that there was NO indication whatsoever that any new song would be played and then think about why you are really disappointed.

Ali

I'm an Axl fan. What's so wrong with expecting to hear new music after all these years? He doesn't have to play it, but I don't have to pretend to not be disappointed if he doesn't play it. I guess I'm just a bigger Axl and GNR fan than you are, Ali.

Edited by ITW 2012

Ali

I'm an Axl fan. What's so wrong with expecting to hear new music after all these years? He don't have to play it, but I don't have to pretend to not be disappointed if he doesn't play it.

I'm saying be disappointed if you want. I'm just saying that to me "wanting" to hear new music is different than having a reasonable belief or expectation that new music will be played. Maybe it's just a difference in semantics. But, I also want to hear new music because I'm a fan. But, I don't have anything to base a reasonable belief that new music will be played. That's all I'm saying.

Again, maybe it's just a difference in semantics, but I see what you're describing as more of a "want" than a reasonable expectation. But, of course, you have every right to be disappointed. But, sometimes it helps to mitigate disappointment if keep in mind the facts surrounding the situation. At least it does for me. :shrugs:

It's not about being a bigger fan. It's about distinguishing between what you want to happen and what you can reasonably expect to happen based on the available information. Again - want and expectation are not necessarily one and the same.

Ali

Edited by Ali

Guest gunns5

I'll be more dissapointed if we never see riad performed live again, it's a hard song to sing and Axl ain't getting any younger.