How disappointed will you be if Axl doesn't play new songs at Rock In Rio and announce a release date for CD II?

ITW 2012

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This topic just shows one of the reasons that Axl doesn't post on this forum anymore.

People complain if they don't play the classics and say the new songs brought the audience down.

Then other people say they will be mad if he doesn't play new songs.

Basically, no matter what route Axl chooses, a group of people on this forum will bitch and moan about it.

:violin:

It's just so awful that some of us actually like Axl's new music and want to hear more. I understand the reunionst point of view, but I'll never understand people like You (Apollo) and Ali. All you guys do is buzz kill.

Randy, I want to hear new music. I HOPE to hear new music. But, I do not EXPECT to hear new music. I have been given no indication that new music will be played. Therefore, I won't feel disappointed if new music isn't played. I dont see what is so difficult to understand about that point of view.

Ali

I agree with you, completely! Some people are so close minded and busy with their own expectations that when they don´t happen, they feel disappointed and blame Axl instead of blaming themselves.

the fans want to hear something new at Rio.

Would be a plus,definately.Are you planning to attend?

I am,and will be satisfied simply to see GNR live again!

it's about the show not the setlist.

I thought it was streaming live? it would be cool.

Definately would,but being there is better :)

Like the Lord Byron description in your signature.

being there might not care at all. although I would have when I saw them. seeing ITW, Shackler's, TWAT opening with Chi Dem really made the show. without that I would have been disappointed. All in good time.

being there might not care at all. although I would have when I saw them. seeing ITW, Shackler's, TWAT opening with Chi Dem really made the show. without that I would have been disappointed. All in good time.

All in GNR time :)

All in all that's all we have.

U

I'm good with that,roll with the punches and bounce with the tides.

U

it's all in cat years. So if it takes normal bands 1 year it will be 8 years for GNR? I think CD is an album you can live inside for 10 years. Everytime I listen to it it gets better, more epic, more of it makes sense.

U

it's all in cat years. So if it takes normal bands 1 year it will be 8 years for GNR? I think CD is an album you can live inside for 10 years. Everytime I listen to it it gets better, more epic, more of it makes sense.

Likewise, I like this train of thought! Quality over quantity,and Quantum leaps over the rest of album releases currently.

U

Likewise, I like this train of thought! Quality over quantity,and Quantum leaps over the rest of album releases currently.

I see GNR as an Event album type band. it's like that style from 80s is still there. it's like each album is huge deal, a change of perspective. so in 10-20 years time Axl will have lived through CD era which taken him to a different place and he'll have something new to say. and that stuff could be being worked on now.

I hope there's more to CD and maybe it can become like an odyssey, but at the same time... CD as a stand alone record totally owns the era, the decade before CD came out. if GNR were going to make an album under the influence the 90s this is it.

Edited by wasted

I think CD is an album you can live inside for 10 years. Everytime I listen to it it gets better, more epic, more of it makes sense.

Agreed 100% . It's the album that doesn't stop giving!

it's like Dylan songs each time you hear something different. I think the impact the album has if you listen to it straight through is more than the sum of it's parts. like to work you're way through the songs to get to the quotes in Madagascar, to then drop down into This I Love and then go out to Prostitute. It has this epic impact. From this blind defiance to this awesome statement of integrity.

I think CD is an album you can live inside for 10 years. Everytime I listen to it it gets better, more epic, more of it makes sense.

it's like Dylan songs each time you hear something different. I think the impact the album has if you listen to it straight through is more than the sum of it's parts. like to work you're way through the songs to get to the quotes in Madagascar, to then drop down into This I Love and then go out to Prostitute. It has this epic impact. From this blind defiance to this awesome statement of integrity.

Agreed it encompasses an entire range of emotions,intensity intact.

the songs songs do have more energy than thier themes sometimes. there's contradictions, like you could say SOD lyrics are forlorn but the way it's sung is angry. I don't know if it's Andy Wallace's involvement had anything to do with it but part of the reasons I go back is bcos you can't neccesarily hear the instrument parts, you can hear the tune and the vocals but goddam if I can work out where the tune is coming from on Catcher. some people think that's a mess, but that's why it's mesmerizing to me. that's why it lasts, I think anyway. there's parts on This I Love that you just get a glimpse of, or that mellotrone or whatever it is on IRS. the first time you listen you dont get it. but by the 100th time those strings on Riad are like power chords.

Edited by wasted

the songs songs do have more energy than thier themes sometimes. there's contradictions, like you could say SOD lyrics are forlorn but the way it's sung is angry. I don't know if it's Andy Wallace's involvement had anything to do with it but part of the reasons I go back is bcos you can't neccesarily hear the instrument parts, you can hear the tune and the vocals but goddam if I can work out where the tune is coming from on Catcher. some people think that's a mess, but that's why it's mesmerizing to me. that's why it lasts, I think anyway. there's parts on This I Love that you just get a glimpse of, or that mellotrone or whatever it is on IRS. the first time you listen you dont get it. but by the 100th time those strings on Riad are like power chords.

Nicely expressed,I unconciosly was comparing the album to Queen albums,at first listen it may not grab you on the surface,but there's a deeper hook that compels you to delve deeper on each listen and separate the sectional layers and words.It is addicting on a subliminal level and one hell of a aural ride.

Nicely expressed,I unconciosly was comparing the album to Queen albums,at first listen it may not grab you on the surface,but there's a deeper hook that compels you to delve deeper on each listen and separate the sectional layers and words.It is addicting on a subliminal level and one hell of a aural ride.

I should prob get some Queen albums, I've only ever heard the greatest hits in someones car going 120mph on the motorway. when I heard Tumbleweed Connection by Elton John I thought this is pretty similar to CD, each song is different but it hangs together pretty well. but the audio candy element is morelike Radiohead meets DJ Shadow. CD is really the album for the ringtone generation. the classic rock dynamics are undercut by the audiophile tendencies, an audio oxymoron if you will. it's the most badass woe-is-me album of alltime.

I re-fell in love with the entire album when I got a new quality sound system in my car. It totally opened up every song. I heard new music and sounds in spots where before it sounded like over produced garble. My better stereo brought the songs to another level.

I never listened to shackles.....always skipped it. But on a quality stereo, cranked up, now I get it.

Listening to the album on a computer or ipod is not the same as listening on a quality system.

I re-fell in love with the entire album when I got a new quality sound system in my car. It totally opened up every song. I heard new music and sounds in spots where before it sounded like over produced garble. My better stereo brought the songs to another level.

I never listened to shackles.....always skipped it. But on a quality stereo, cranked up, now I get it.

Listening to the album on a computer or ipod is not the same as listening on a quality system.

Laugh,but that is actually a factor when I buy a new car,I'm thinking how much will I have to add before the soundsystem meets my requirements,make,model and top speed play a part as well.Don't ask about my home system,probably ridiculously overdone as well,but I take my music seriously.

I found using an iPod helped. on a basic mp3 player the sound was very flat, but sounds best on a stereo. I definitely think stuff like SOD, TWAT and Catcher sound better on stereo. how's CD as a driving album?

I found using an iPod helped. on a basic mp3 player the sound was very flat, but sounds best on a stereo. I definitely think stuff like SOD, TWAT and Catcher sound better on stereo. how's CD as a driving album?

Depends on my mood,destination and song choice,it varies from me being polite and accomodating to other motorists,to blasting shackler's or scraped and chasing down the motherfucker that dared to cut in front of me,usually involves horn,hand gestures,and bright lights if its night :lol:

Depends on my mood,destination and song choice,it varies from me being polite and accomodating to other motorists,to blasting shackler's or scraped and chasing down the motherfucker that dared to cut in front of me,usually involves horn,hand gestures,and bright lights if its night :lol:

Shackler's seems the one to weave between cars, speed down one way streets, make illegal U turns into on coming traffic to.

Shackler's seems the one to weave between cars, speed down one way streets, make illegal U turns into on coming traffic to.

Oh yeah,I alternate between road rage and stunt driver sometimes.

I remember getting Catcher demo and driving around San Andreas think this sounds great in a truck. if only i knew what the song was about then I could have shot some pedestrians to it.

Ha! If you go postal,I have a lengthy shitlist :lol: