followed up Appetite For Destruction? The most anticipated releases

of the era, they also marked the end for Guns n’ Roses as we knew

them – now we’ve got the whole story in the July issue of Classic

Rock.

We tell the tale of The Most Dangerous Band In The World, and how

a combination of drugs, rifts, hirings and firings brought everything

to chaotic crescendo.

Slash

The guitar hero with the hat talks about touring with the family in tow, loving festivals, and

looking forward to sharing a stage with Judas Priest at High Voltage.

The Secret History Of Grunge

Kurt Cobain loved Sammy Hagar, Alice In Chains were once a hair-metal band, Pearl Jam owed

it all to Kiss… We look at how grunge could never had have happened without many of the

bands that it might have ended up destroying.

Judas Priest

Their 1978 album Stained Class set the template for the NWOBHM and thrash. When it was

implicated in the deaths of two young men, it also became one of the most notorious albums in

metal.

Marshall Tucker Band

They sold millions, but could never escape the shadow of Skynyrd and the Allmans. Meet the

greatest southern rock band you’ve probably never heard of.

Black Country Communion

“This is my first band since Deep Purple. It’s out of this world, I’m back in a rock band, a real

rock band.” – Glenn Hughes. With a second album just out, Hughes, Joe Bonamassa, Jason

Bonham and Derek Sherinian look back on the journey so far.

..there's more!

fuck this shit. i hope axl sues the hell out of that magazine for putting slash on the cover. it will only lead people to mistakenly believe that slash has anything to do with guns n' roses, which he does not. they should have featured fortus, bbf and ashba on the cover since they are guns n' roses and slash is not.

fuck this shit. i hope axl sues the hell out of that magazine for putting slash on the cover. it will only lead people to mistakenly believe that slash has anything to do with guns n' roses, which he does not. they should have featured fortus, bbf and ashba on the cover since they are guns n' roses and slash is not.

childish much?

jeezus :rolleyes:

The magazine is obviously talking about GN'R of the past, so slash should be on the cover, if people are misled by this, then they are idiots! - But I agree there's should do a story on GN'R of today.

Some people just love attention (like the o.p.), so they post things in the wrong forum on purpose.

Attention whores, lol. Pre-94 forum would be so much more happenin if some diehards just could learn how to read.

20 freaking years! And I still play UYI1 when i drive! I hate driving, but that album makes it seem joyful!

And I read somewhere about that kid that is swimming on Nirvanas cover that was weird. I know it is off topic, but anyone know something about that picture?

Long live GNR! :)

Edited by lbo

There's a section for this topic, it's called Original GNR.

That's a topic for debate, as there has been many line up's. I prefer to call the Duff, Slash, Izzy, Axl,Adler era 'Classic GN'R'

'Original GN'R' included Tracii Guns. 'Nu-Gn'R' was more the Brain, Bucket, Robin Era. The BF, DJA, Frank Era I view as 'Nu-GN'R2'

Edited by star

There's a section for this topic, it's called Original GNR.

That's a topic for debate, as there has been many line up's. I prefer to call the Duff, Slash, Izzy, Axl,Adler era 'Classic GN'R'.

'Original GN'R' included Tracii Guns. 'Nu-Gn'R' was more the Brain, Bucket, Robin Era. The BF, AD A, Frank Era I view as 'Nu-GN'R2'

There's a sub-section on Original GN'R called "pre 1994 GN'R." Which is what this topic will be in when it's moved.

Edited by GNR123GNR456

Lol you guys are arguing about this? Chillax people the mods will move this topic when they get the chance

The mods havn't bothered to move the thread about Guns N'Roses Greatest Hits selling 5 Million copies :thumbsup:

Edited by star

The magazine is obviously talking about GN'R of the past, so slash should be on the cover, if people are misled by this, then they are idiots! - But I agree there's should do a story on GN'R of today.

Atleast promoting GN'R at Rio this year.

Why does every thread have to turn into a bitch fest? I can't believe a magazine cover can piss people of so much! They are celebrating the 20th annivesary of UYI, isn't that just a good thing? If the article was about them performing at RIR or about CD then yeah a current member should've been on the cover, but Slash is on the YUI albums which this article is about. The thing I noticed is "where are the others?" You know, the rest of the band. GNR wasn't/isn't just about Axl and Slash but the focus are always on the two cause of their feud which overshadows the music and the other band members who were just as much a part of GNR as the other two and should be on the cover as well, don't you think?

We could argue about who should and who shouldn't be on the cover OR we could talk about the article and UYI and what we love about those albums and that era.

Why does every thread have to turn into a bitch fest? I can't believe a magazine cover can piss people of so much! They are celebrating the 20th annivesary of UYI, isn't that just a good thing? If the article was about them performing at RIR or about CD then yeah a current member should've been on the cover, but Slash is on the YUI albums which this article is about. The thing I noticed is "where are the others?" You know, the rest of the band. GNR wasn't/isn't just about Axl and Slash but the focus are always on the two cause of their feud which overshadows the music and the other band members who were just as much a part of GNR as the other two and should be on the cover as well, don't you think?

We could argue about who should and who shouldn't be on the cover OR we could talk about the article and UYI and what we love about those albums and that era.

I`m in ur corner! :)

+1. This post is right on