Are Motley Crue any good?

Towelie

34 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

never listened to em, although i've heard Girls Girls Girls. They look like a load of fuckin shit to be honest. Ain't got a great deal of interest in hearing em out, they look and sound shit judging by Girls Girls Girls.

this may break your heart then...

I seen them At Sonisphere festival last year. What aload of shit.

Vince forgot most of the words and just didn't put any energy into it. Very disappointed

At which Sonisphere? I saw them at the Sweden one and I thought they did good. It was pissing down but they still kept the mood high among the audience.

Guest Len B'stard

never listened to em, although i've heard Girls Girls Girls. They look like a load of fuckin shit to be honest. Ain't got a great deal of interest in hearing em out, they look and sound shit judging by Girls Girls Girls.

this may break your heart then...

Yeah, uh, y'know what? Can i like, not click that and just carry on living my life please? :lol:

I've seen Crue 7 times in concert. Vince is kinda hit n' miss with his voice, but the band has always sounded pretty tight when I've seen them. I think Nikki Sixx and Tommy Lee are a couple of douchebags, but thankfully I don't have to deal with them so as long as the music rocks I'll still go see them from time to time.

I've never given them any chance, based on their looks. I do that often with bands, and I'm not proud of it. But someone told me at one point that Buckcherry sound like them, and I really like Buckcherry. Is it true? If it is, I may give them a chance. I only know Girls Girls Girls (which sucks) and I heard a ballad recently and it was very meh.

Too Fast For Love is one of my all time favorite albums.

GivenToFly - if you haven't listened to them, check out Don't Go Away Mad, Just Go Away.

The first half of Motley's catalog is just as good as almost any rock band from that era. The second half is a lot of hit-and-miss. But even the New Tattoo that everybody seems to hate had a couple good songs on it.

And, just for some color, check out the album with Corbani on it. For a straight forward rock-and-roll album, it is pretty darn good.

One of the worst shows I've ever seen. I love about 40% of the stuff on the albums, but they blow live, and my tickets were good ones, too. Got them free from a radio station contest and I'd still never go to see them again, even if it was free again. The only decent one on stage was Mick. They played so terribly that Shout at the Devil was half over before I even recognized what it was. They put on a very half-ass show. Love the Saints of Los Angeles album and video though; that shit's killer. I'll just continue to enjoy them on recording only.

Dr. Feelgood, Too Fast For Love, and Shout at the Devil are solid albums. Everybody wanted to be Motley Crue and thats why the 80's hard rock/metal scene turned out so gay, but they set the bar so you gotta give em props.

I don't think everybody wanted to be Motley Crue music wise, maybe party wise.

I would hardly call the "80's hard rock/metal scene" gay, I mean every music scene has it's good/bad for everybody.

One thing about the 80's, which I was a very big part of, no other decade cared more for their music than the 80's.

We do live in a copy cat world, so be it.