Axl isn't very punctual

zeek

Anybody going to a GnR concert must expect Axl to come on late. If you go to a show take the next day off and book a hotel for the night or risk being disappointed simple. That said it doesn't mean Axl's not being an inconsiderate dick for pulling this shit all the time but if you wanna see a show you need to be prepared to grab your ankles and put up with it. :shrugs:

Axls "rebellion" and "freedom" has boiled down to:

1 coming late to his shows as a rock n roll performer

2 forcing his bandmates into contractual agreements of silence, and complete obedience for money

3 making his army of lawyers send cease and desist letters to fan forums, fans and the like

4 staying silent at home

Axls "rebellion" and "freedom" has boiled down to:

1 coming late to his shows as a rock n roll performer

2 forcing his bandmates into contractual agreements of silence, and complete obedience for money

3 making his army of lawyers send cease and desist letters to fan forums, fans and the like

4 staying silent at home

... come to think of it, heres a piece of ultimate irony for you:

during the 90's, when Axl thought someone was a complete douche so much so that he wanted to rant about him/her/it on stage, one thing he used to do was call his enemy a "homefuck". What is funny is, maybe Axl has now become the ultimate homefuck himself, just wasting away his years in his malibu prison.

Machester 2010 - Bach looks over at the guys on the side of the stage, then says to the crowd "Hey I just realised that we missed out 2 fucking songs, so lets put them in now!"

Blatantly obvious that it really meant "Shit, Axl isn't ready yet so we are going to fill in for a bit longer to keep you entertained!"

Good stuff from Bach and his band because sitting waiting with fuck all going on just gets the audience riled up, but instead we got an extended set so we were all pleased!

when i went to the arnhem show i was almost 2 hours later than i planned, when i entered the venue and found my friends they told me; you're right on time!

[sarcasm]axl is never late, he just wants to make sure that everyone is at the venue when he arrives so that no one will miss the show[/sarcasm]

no but seriously, i couldn't really care less since i'm expecting this when i buy my tickets

when i went to the arnhem show i was almost 2 hours later than i planned, when i entered the venue and found my friends they told me; you're right on time!

[sarcasm]axl is never late, he just wants to make sure that everyone is at the venue when he arrives so that no one will miss the show[/sarcasm]

no but seriously, i couldn't really care less since i'm expecting this when i buy my tickets

What about the '000's of fans at the venue who don't pay that much attention to the day to day goings on of the band? It's cool that the die hards know what to expect and plan accordingly but it doesn't mean Axl's not a dick for deliberately spoiling the show for the thousands of people who might expect a show to y'know, start around the advertised time. It's shit when people who may not get to many shows what with things like kids and work to think about have to leave halfway through a show. The thing is that he literally has no excuse at least not for doing it all the time for this many years.

If the show's not gonna start until an hour and a half after the support act finishes then why not advertise that at point of ticket sale? That's literally all he would have to do in order to stop any and all bitching about the late starts seriously. When I've seen Guns I've taken the next day off work and booked into a local hotel but if I had say the last bus or train to catch to get back for the kids or work the next day I'd be totally pissed if he pulled that shit.

Shows like Dublin and Reading last year were a complete piss take and a display worthy of a petulant child. He was warned at Reading about coming on late, told about the curfew and the fact that the power would be cut if he didn't take the stage in reasonable time and just to prove nobody tells Axl what to do he did it anyway. Fuck the fans who paid money to see the show it's more important to prove a point to the organisers. Late starts are unavoidable sometimes but being a dick isn't.

Edited by Dazey Does Dallas