Richard Fortus : is he pulling a Robert Finch ?

The Glow Inc.

I'm sorry, I don't see what there is to discuss here beyond there being no indication at this time what the answer to your question will be.

It's a rather large talking point at the moment, it's pretty silly to want to ignore it. The fact that nobody knows means it's time to speculate to the extremes...

I understand it's a large talking point, but the thread starter asked a yes or no question. And the answer is neither yes nor no at this point. Speculating to the extremes is what is silly in the case of a yes or no question.

Ali

Guest siliconmessiah

It makes us fans look stupid when we have to keep asking whether some guy is in or out or what's going on in general...

Exactly.

The way Axl runs this band has not been the best of ways, even if that clearly was his intentions from the beginning.

He wanted to take hold of the band name to get things going.

It all seemed cool in 2001/2002. Just roll things out...but all the weird things that happened on the way is fucked up beyond belief.

I mean, we got a lot of fine live rock shows and all, but one single album, where the members of that album is no longer in the band.

It will probably go down in music history in some way.

But mostly, I wish that Guns N´ Roses would release a new album and Axl to get out all that there´s in the vaults and release it in a fine box set.

Edited by siliconmessiah

Guest siliconmessiah

I wish that Guns N´ Roses would release a new album and Axl to get out all that there´s in the vaults and release it in a fine box set.

Fuck that would be a cool thing to do!

Yes.

And I think it would for once set in stone that this band is made out of different members, and help to "erase" the gnr/nu-gnr/nu-gnr2-stamp.

A box set from the years 2001-2011, with all the different people involved.

But this is probably too good of an opportunity to be seized by gnr. Sadly.

We don´t even know what band that´ll be on stage this fall...

Edited by siliconmessiah

I hope Richard doesn't leave. He has yet to show what he could really do in the studio.

I agree, he's not exactly the x factor in this live line-up but he's a really gifted musician. Plus he's got great stage presence and no one else punches the crap out of their guitar while playing.

The current Thin Lizzy are a great band and can't wait to see them Richard this weekend but great as they are I doubt he would pick Lizzy over GN'R. Guns always will be the bigger act and thus from a career perspective it must make sense for him to stick with GN'R. Also, there is pretty much no prospect of new Lizzy material and whilst you could also argue that with Guns I think Scott Gorham explicitly said at one point no new music under the Lizzy banner. However, considering that the current frontman, Ricky Warwick, is a great songwriter I hope this stance changes and in an interview he said there is a possibility of them releasing one new song and seeing what reaction it gets.

It could come down to money. If Richard's making more touring with Lizzy than Axl he may just keep going with Lizzy through the tour and see what's happening with Axl afterwards. If he makes more with Axl, he may parachute out on Lizzy.

If Richard has departed, as much as I would love to see Robin return (I have no clue as to what he is up to now) I doubt that will happen, my guess is Bumble N' DJ will handle it themselves.

Richard has been a member of this band for damn near ten years. In most product endorsement interviews he has done of late he continues to introduce himself as a member for gnr.

With lizzy he is filling in for the def leopard dude. I'm sure he was willing to tour with em as long as possible. But I refuse to believe that he would bail on a band that he has put ten years and recorded an album with.

Further, from interviews with bumble, BBF has clearly stated gnr tours just happens with a fee months notice. So most likely riichard did agree to continue to tour with lizzy when they team up with priest when he wasn't aware of possible gnr shows.

if you're getting pissed off by random postings on the net, you got bigger issues.

I'm sure you're surrounded by people with really big issues, Sunny. :shrugs:

Let's face it while Axl's current band are all fine musicians in their own right they are pretty much faceless to the average fan. If RF left the band Axl will just replace him with another very talented guitar player and other than NuGnR fans on this forum nobody would even notice the change...It is not like the current band has any original music to claim as their own so they are all replaceable parts except Axl.......it is not like this has not happened before......

You're right. The general public wouldn't notice it at all. Maybe except for DJ, because of his 'appearance', but other than that, they have no idea who (is or is gonna be) up there with Axl.

The "general public" have no idea GNR still exist. Sadly...

The current Thin Lizzy are a great band and can't wait to see them Richard this weekend but great as they are I doubt he would pick Lizzy over GN'R. Guns always will be the bigger act and thus from a career perspective it must make sense for him to stick with GN'R. Also, there is pretty much no prospect of new Lizzy material and whilst you could also argue that with Guns I think Scott Gorham explicitly said at one point no new music under the Lizzy banner. However, considering that the current frontman, Ricky Warwick, is a great songwriter I hope this stance changes and in an interview he said there is a possibility of them releasing one new song and seeing what reaction it gets.

Sorry in advance for the the off topic response........

I am a big fan of Thin Lizzy and saw them open for Queen at the Boston Garden in February 1977 with the classic lineup with Scott and Robbo and again in Boston in 79 with Gary Moore and glad to see Scott has a band out playing their music again as I hear they put on a great back to basics RnR show............Agree with you on Ricky as I loved the Circus Diablo album he did with Billy Duffy......Fortus also looks like he is having a blast in the video which was posted........

As far as a new album here is what Scott said in an interview in the July 11th Vintage Guitar Magazine........

VG: "What is the possibility of recording a new studio album with this lineup?"

Scott Gorham: "It is not out of the realm of possibility because of what we've got going. There are hardcore Phil Lynott fans who won't accept the band without Phil. But we have seen that drop off drastically becasue of this lineup and tour. They see how we've handled this and hear how we're playing. As I see it, the band and audience simultaneously jumped that emotional hurdle of doing a Thin Lizzy album without Phil."

While not a firm commitment I think it could happen the longer the band stays together..........that being said I wish they would release more vintage stuff as I know they recorded a bunch of shows with Scott and Robbo............

Off topic response: 79 with Gary Moore was an awesome time,like Thin Lizzy also like Gary Moore.Spooky Tooth was a good listen as well.

Guest gunns5

If Richard leaves then that's a big loss for gnr, he had the most stage presenc. Apart from Axl, and I believe he will be a prominent feature on cd II.

However if he does leave, I wouldn't want him replaced as bumble and dj could easily handle the Reins (one of them would have to do 2 guitar solos though) LOL

And for the record there is no indication he is leaving Guns

Are you dense??

him playing with Thin Lizzy does not mean he has left GN'R, that's what I meant. We are speculating is all. Unless you have been told by Richard himself???

Are you dense??

him playing with Thin Lizzy does not mean he has left GN'R, that's what I meant. We are speculating is all. Unless you have been told by Richard himself???

And if you have been chatting personally,enlighten us :rolleyes:

Are you dense??

And if you have been chatting personally,enlighten us :rolleyes:

Nobody here has.

But we know this.

1. Richard has not stated he's leaving GNR.

2. So everything else is just plain bananas.

3. No rumors have surfaced that GNR are looking for new guys, or that he has left.

Here is a recent clip of him introducing himself as a member of GNR

http://www.youtube.com/user/reunionbluesgigbags?blend=16&ob=5#p/u/0/FmP38a2OqQE

Edited by ohmygod