Your Top 5 bands/artists of all time (including Guns)

Towelie

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. GNR

2. The Rolling Stones

3. Aerosmith

4. The Black Crowes

5. Dire Straits

6. Bob Dylan

Black Crowes... :thumbsup:..tremedously under appreciated band....incredible musicians....Saw them at the Boston HOB this tour and they played for 3 hours.........sad to see them go on hiatus and hope they get back together soon

Every band goes on hiatus once in a while, some just don't announce it officially. What did ACDC do from 2002 till 2008?

wrote and recorded an album..... granted that doesn't take 6 years

1. GNR

2. The Rolling Stones

3. Aerosmith

4. The Black Crowes

5. Dire Straits

6. Bob Dylan

Black Crowes... :thumbsup:..tremedously under appreciated band....incredible musicians....Saw them at the Boston HOB this tour and they played for 3 hours.........sad to see them go on hiatus and hope they get back together soon

Every band goes on hiatus once in a while, some just don't announce it officially. What did ACDC do from 2002 till 2008?

wrote and recorded an album..... granted that doesn't take 6 years

but ac/dc always plays the same boring music...

Currently my iPOD's Favorites

1. Stone Sour

2. 30 seconds to Mars

3. Muse

4. Disturbed

5. Eminem

ALL TIME FAVORITES (Don't listen to them recently but they're my best bands.)

0. GNR

1. Green Day

2. Bon Jovi

3. U2

4. Metallica

5. Red Hot Chili Peppers

GNR is on top while they're ON and Zero while they're OFF. There are so many great bands out there, let's enjoy the music.

1. Converge

2. Against Me

3. GNR

4. Stones

5. The Fall of Troy

Not really in any order, but these are the bands that at one point or another in my life I was REALLY REALLY into them. For whatever reason they just connected with me at the time I discovered them, I couldn't rank what I think are the 5 best bands of all time, but I can definitely say that these are some of my all time favorites

1. david bowie

2. bruce springsteen

3. elvis costello

4. ariel pink

5. stephen malkmus/rivers cuomo (and respective bands)

(supremes, pj harvey, neil young, damon albarn, dylan, captain beefheart, stephin merritt, daniel johnston, pulp, hall & oates, velvet underground, calvin johnson, sonic youth, JAMC + times new viking as well)

1. GNR

2. The Rolling Stones

3. Aerosmith

4. The Black Crowes

5. Dire Straits

6. Bob Dylan

1. GNR

2. The Rolling Stones

3-4. Aerosmith; The Black Crowes

5. Dire Straits

6. Bob Dylan

7-14. AC/DC; Creedence C.R.; Iron Maiden; Led Zeppelin; Pearl Jam; Pink Floyd; Queen; Tom Waits

15. Chris Cornell

+ associated acts (e.g. Velvet Revolver) or solo projects

Edited by GivenToFly

Guest Len B'stard

God you lot have shit taste :lol: wasted, duff rose, ohmygod, i commend you, well played. The rest of you, i expected better...

j/k, there's some really cool ones in there but always one or two unforgivables. unforgiveables are as follows:

Black Sabbath

Metallica

Judas Priest

Pink Floyd

Queen

Megadeth

Van Halen

Iron Maiden

W.A.S.P (did someone actually mention them or did i hallucinate that?!? W.A.S.P, fuck me..)

Bruce Springsteen although might let him off cuz he played with Chuck Berry

Pearl Jam, ugh..

U2 *shrieks* noooo, nooo, please, i'll take the cock-clamp, just spare me from U2!!!!!!!

KISS

Motley Crue

I mean what the merry fuck is the matter with you people?!?!?! :lol: Have you not heard of The Ramones?!?! Why are The Ramones not mentioned here, i demand answers, why are the Sex Pistols not mentioned here, Iggy Pop, The New York Dolls, i mean HONESTLY!!

I'm disappointed, thats alls i'm saying, i expected better from you guys. I hope you all have trouble sleeping tonight so you've time to think about what you've done and where you've gone wrong.

I mean what the merry fuck is the matter with you people?!?!?! :lol: Have you not heard of The Ramones?!?! Why are The Ramones not mentioned here, i demand answers, why are the Sex Pistols not mentioned here, Iggy Pop, The New York Dolls, i mean HONESTLY!!

Cuz they suck :shrugs:

Guest Len B'stard

Cuz they suck :shrugs:

Ah, yes, right, understood! Lets all listen to WASP instead! We'll have a WASP party! Everybody bring their own WASP record and we'll play a game, the how-many-pieces-of-broken-viynl-fit-in-my-mouth game! See you at 8!! :D

^ Yeah, lump in Pink Floyd, Pearl Jam and Queen with WASP. :rolleyes:

Seriously now: ok, I understand not liking Pink Floyd because of some obsession with class conflict, Pearl Jam out of some weird ideal of what a band should be and Springsteen 'cause you're dumb or something. But Queen??? Who the hell doesn't like Queen? What kind of person do you have to be not only not to like Queen but actually call them 'unforgivable'?

So you like something like this, but not something like

??? I find that incomprehensible, I cannot get my head around it