Chinese Democracy 2 - Its a long way to the summit

Guest Gunns

Guest gunns5

The band should do a documentary if a new album is released, like Metallica's some kind of monster for the St.Anger cd..

Thats the greatest thing they could do! I was sort of expecting that with CD1.

after seeing the backstage interview of Abu Dhabi?, I think it would be a great idea for the band to do.

They all get along backstage really well, and constantly crack jokes at each others and their own expense, and having a documantary of tours and even part of the recording process will be an excellent idea on all fronts, I can't see any disadvantages.

Just imagine if the members involved in the making of the CD /CD2 process (tommy, pitman, dizzy, axl, 4tus) talked about first creating the songs, then the more recent members, Frank, Bumble, Dj talked about adding bits and touring with the band, it would provide some great insight and really cement this incarnation of GnR in its own rightful place as not just a kick ass touring band, but as a kick ass band.

They do have good chemistry together. I wouldn't mind seeing something along these lines,but I'm not going to come here and bitch if it doesn't happen.

i would love to see the original core just talking about the songs and how they came up with them/ideas as well as who added what and where they wrote it, just the whole process. Interviews with Axl, Pitman and Dizzy, Tobias all being open about the whole process (obviously legal and business technicalities can be left out).

That story pitman said about coming up with the madagascar intro, more insights like that would be great.

Edited by gunns5

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The band should do a documentary if a new album is released, like Metallica's some kind of monster for the St.Anger cd..

Thats the greatest thing they could do! I was sort of expecting that with CD1.

after seeing the backstage interview of Abu Dhabi?, I think it would be a great idea for the band to do.

They all get along backstage really well, and constantly crack jokes at each others and their own expense, and having a documantary of tours and even part of the recording process will be an excellent idea on all fronts, I can't see any disadvantages.

Just imagine if the members involved in the making of the CD /CD2 process (tommy, pitman, dizzy, axl, 4tus) talked about first creating the songs, then the more recent members, Frank, Bumble, Dj talked about adding bits and touring with the band, it would provide some great insight and really cement this incarnation of GnR in its own rightful place as not just a kick ass touring band, but as a kick ass band.

They do have good chemistry together. I wouldn't mind seeing something along these lines,but I'm not going to come here and bitch if it doesn't happen.

i would love to see the original core just talking about the songs and how they came up with them/ideas as well as who added what and where they wrote it, just the whole process. Interviews with Axl, Pitman and Dizzy, Tobias all being open about the whole process (obviously legal and business technicalities can be left out).

That story pitman said about coming up with the madagascar intro, more insights like that would be great.

That would be interesting,opinion:should they post it online,in a magazine or on a DVD? I would totally be into the music composition details! Great idea man :thumbsup:

Guest gunns5

I think a Dvd bundled with a re-release of CD or even just as individual clips on their website would suffice.

Hell even have it animated with the audio from the interviews layered over would be better then the nothing we have received from post 2000 gnr as far as in depth interviews with the band as a whole.

Edited by gunns5

The problem is, that even if you complain about the things above, some people, not many though, keeps on defending his actions.

Axl turned the GNR-ship into a nostalgia act with a Slash-wannabee aboard. His ego fucked up a couple of promising line-ups and the silence is killing this band day by day.

This is the truth. I´ve been here since 2001 and seen everything happen. It´s sad, because I really wanted Axl´s new guns to succeed.

There was a good album out (CD), but that is probably all we´ll hear from GNR again, other than AFD-shows.

Not everybody agrees with you though.

If I go to a GnR show this year, i want to hear Axl and the band do scom and jungle and nightrain, etc. Axl helped create those songs so he should allowed to play them. VR is allowed to play its so easy. Ozzy can sing black Sabbath songs. Sebastian Bach can sing skid row songs. DLR and Sammy can tour solo and sing van halen songs. The list is endless.

It is Rock and Roll!!!!! A concert is something to go and enjoy.....not sit back and be pissed because you are mad at a fight the singer and guitar player had 20 years ago. Or because you don't like the name of the band.

This nostalgic insult is silly. Every band plays their classic songs on tour. And also portions of their new album. If VR tours again, are they only allowed to play songs of their new album and none off their first two? If all bands only played their new songs and no classics..concert attendance would plummet. Die-hard fans would still go. But casual fans wouldn't.

Your putting a standard on Axl that has never been put on any other band in history.

And the silence thing sucks. But it is hardly killing the band. Outside of a bands forum, people aren't standing on pins and needles waiting for album news. There are bands I really enjoy.....and I know nothing about their off season plans. I haven't heard a quote from Dave mustaine in a year....omg, does that mean his band is dead? I don't know who the lead singer of vh is right now. But I will check out their next album.

Axl Rose isn't a God. His music isn't going to change the world. Or influence an entire generation. That happens very rarely in music. Why can't we just sit back and enjoy whatever music he decides to share with us. And take it for what it is. Rock and roll. It is as simple as that. Put it in that perspective and all the name and fueds and all that offstage drama that forum members are obsessed with do not seem that important.

Thanks Groghan for bringing things back to reality.