~What is your favorite moment in GN'R history?~

gunsguy

Pick one moment, a cd release, a concert, a good time?

Pick one moment link to youtube for concerts etc.

The first time you heard them? The first time you saw them?

What has been your biggest GN'R highlight and why?

Can you define one moment in time that was the best for you personally?

Edited by gunsguy

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First time in a GnR show at Buenos Aires 2010 ^^! When i head the intro for CD started to cry and dint stoped till WttJ riff started... one of the best nights of my life... so many years waiting for it...

Man o' man, this is a great question!

There are so many rants I want to pick and related things that Axl has done and said, "Are you listening to me Mr. Security Man," "Ok, Nevermind," "You are an asshole and every knows it..." "Because the family doesn't want to be embarrassed by these things coming out..." "Forgive those that fuck up my show"

But if I did that I feel as though I'm picking my favorite Axl Rose moment and not GN'R moment.

I've never seen them live and probably never will if they don't come back to the U.S. so I guess I can't use that for my moment.

And picking just one show, that's just too hard.

My personal favorite GN'R moment was when I heard "Think About You", that is the song that would propel my interest into GN'R forever, but I guess that really isn't GN'R history.

So my favorite moment in GN'R history (subject to change of course) would probably be the release of Appetite for Destruction.

Guest Len B'stard

Guns & Aerosmith doing Mama Kin together onstage - not that i'm a huge fan of Aerosmith although i do like em quite a bit, Pump i really like, the album that is. Anyway, yeah, that songs just fucking built for those two bands and quite frankly i think Guns really take it somewhere that Aerosmith don't, not that Aerosmiths version sucks, far from it, it's as good as Gunses one i reckon. Just sort of different, the accents are in different places. It's an interesting thing, seeing that many egos onstage

Guns and Stones doing Salt of the Earth - No explanation needed

HEY!! You wanna flip me off you motherfucker?!?! Come up here, punk! :lol: I know i know thats a total misquote but i'm sure the right people know the exact wording.

Hard to pick just one....but seeing the finally on stage breaking into 'Chinese Democracy' at Reading 2010 was pretty special for me. The first band I got into, the band that got me into music, after 5 years, finally seeing them live was amazing.

God its like a whole group of gunsguy stalkers. I believe that was after so many lineup changes and before the album dropped, at the time I thought it was a good idea although a bit extreme.

Do I now? Noe fucking way!

Anyways enough about me or other members this thread is to discuss YOUR personal gnr highlight

Guest Len B'stard

God its like a whole group of gunsguy stalkers. I believe that was after so many lineup changes and before the album dropped, at the time I thought it was a good idea although a bit extreme.

Do I now? Noe fucking way!

Anyways enough about me or other members this thread is to discuss YOUR personal gnr highlight

What have you actually done that has egged off all these people? Sorry for being behind or whatever but it seems every other thread in the main news section someones having a pop at you..do they just not like you cuz you're the new mod or...? Again, sorry for not being up on whats going on but, yeah, whats with all that?

For me a great moment: when the leacks came out. really happy with that. VMA 2002 also, for me great moment.

i'm a huge fan of gnr, and i was in 3 shows, one in 1992 (Rio, Jacarépaguá), other in 2001 (Rock In Rio), and last year (Brasília).

For me a great moment: when the leacks came out. really happy with that. VMA 2002 also, for me great moment.

i'm a huge fan of gnr, and i was in 3 shows, one in 1992 (Rio, Jacarépaguá), other in 2001 (Rock In Rio), and last year (Brasília).

Cool, I got into guns a lil' too late and only went to the 2010 Rio concert. U going to RiR?

Hi It Don't Really Matter. In 2001 show i promise myself no to go to big shows like that. is no fun, you can't move and watch well. Show like Brasília with vip area, it's ok for me, but Rock In Rio? No, thanks!

See ya man!

- The RIR show in 2001, I was in my room, listening to the live webcast with a few other gunners

- Spending time with Slash in his tour bus in Montreal. It was while he was on tour with Snakepit and Eric Dover took us on the bus

to meet him. I was disapointed by who I've met to be honest.

- Driving to Toronto with my wife to see them for the first time. Took us so long because of a huge snow storm.

- The Montreal show in 2010. Seeing them in Montreal was amazing. The Bell center was so loud. Meeting Axl after the show and going to the private

party was amazing. Having a drink with Axl and Baz was unreal. There was a few members of the forum there that night and everyone was really nice.

- The RIR show in 2001, I was in my room, listening to the live webcast with a few other gunners

- Spending time with Slash in his tour bus in Montreal. It was while he was on tour with Snakepit and Eric Dover took us on the bus

to meet him. I was disapointed by who I've met to be honest.

- Driving to Toronto with my wife to see them for the first time. Took us so long because of a huge snow storm.

- The Montreal show in 2010. Seeing them in Montreal was amazing. The Bell center was so loud. Meeting Axl after the show and going to the private

party was amazing. Having a drink with Axl and Baz was unreal. There was a few members of the forum there that night and everyone was really nice.

Wow sounds great man, you're lucky!

I would really like to know what you mean by 'disapointed by who I've met'...can you share why you think that?

OT: Nightrain Rock Am Ring '06 was a fantastic live moment for the band. one of the highlights for me.

Madagascar in Budapest '06 is very special to me too. Axl's singing is magic in the end there.

There are a lot of old line up moments too, but they've been already mentioned in this thread.

Edited by Rovim