Covers for the upcoming GNR tour

Guest Sweet Tooth

Guest Sweet Tooth

First things first, don't be saying "hopefully they don't play covers" because they always have, always will. Secondly, I'm sure this thread has been done before... but not for this specific upcoming tour...

So, now onto my point... what covers would you like to hear Guns pull off for the upcoming South American tour? Whole songs, intros or outros, what would knock you off your boots if Axl belted out a song that you've always wanted him to sing? For bumblefoot to shred? For Frank to destroy the drum kit to?

I would like to hear something from Judas Priest, I think a Axl is the only one that can come near any of Halford's wails and it would be interesting as hell for us to hear him do something of the sort, maybe Victim of Changes?

Your opinions?

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Sweet Tooth

I still maintain that Axl would sound epic on either The Show Must Go On or Who Wants To Live Forever by Queen.

Seeing him perform a song by Queen would be most likely, for obvious reasons. Besides a few band tributes and other covers that Guns have played, it's hard to tell exactly what music Axl listens to.

i hope they drop covers and play new material instead! but like you said they will play covers.

if i could choose three covers it'd be:

Suckertrain Blues by Velvet Revolver (with vocals in the verses like Axl and Duff did on its so easy)

Superunknown by Soundgarden (damn, i can almost hear richard ripping into that intro riff..)

Immigrant Song or Black Dog by Led Zeppelin (fuck, both would be sick)

EDIT

Black Dog with just Axl, Fortus, Tommy and Frank. that would rock hard rock3

Edited by henfjel

Led Zeppelin - Friends

That would be sick man!

Chloe Dancer/Crown of Thorns - Mother Love Bone

Night Songs - Cinderella

I Wanna Be Somebody - W.A.S.P.

32 Pennies - Warrant

Stone Cold Crazy - Queen

Mama Weer All Crazee Now - Quiet Riot

Born on the Bayou - CCR

Hey Hey What Can I Do - Led Zeppelin

Granted I would never want them to play that many covers in one show. LOL (Unless it was a show dedicated to covers of course)

I think Axl could do a lot of things for a lot of songs.

These would be great:

Hole in The Sky - Black Sabbath

Sabbra Cadabra - Black Sabbath

Mother - Danzig

Holy Smoke - Iron Maiden

La Grange - ZZ Top

and just a bit before November Rain on piano... Mad World by Tears For Fears

Edited by It Don't Really Matter

Hand of doom- Black Sabbath

Star- Nazareth

Halo of Flies- Alice Cooper

One of the boys- Roae Tattoo

Marseilles- The Angels

Beethoven's Cunt- Setj Tankian (System are on before GN'R in rio and I would love to hear Axl N' Serj duo on a sing or two)

I don't think any of these songs will be covered by Guns N' Roses ever but it would be cool.

Guest Len B'stard

I think Axl has an amazing bluesy-ness to his voice that never really gets much of an airing. It'd be interesting to hear him do something like Smokestack Lightning...or Wang Dang Doodle, i could imagine Axl really laying into that :):)

Edited by sugaraylen