Covers for the upcoming GNR tour

Guest Sweet Tooth

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Deep Purple: Flight of the Rat. There's a bunch of sustained vocal parts that I think would suit Axl's singing voice and timbre. But there's plenty of room for the other musicians to flex their wings too.

Yes I know this is the most random and least likely choice ever, but why the hell not? ; )

I think that he would also do a good job on Man In the Box, Dam That River, Would?, Cemetery Gates, The House Jack Built, Outlaw Torn, Fixxxer and, perhaps, Floods (he's got a pretty nice low voice, you know).

Edited by Chewbacca

i hope they drop covers and play new material instead! but like you said they will play covers.if i could choose three covers it'd be:Suckertrain Blues by Velvet Revolver (with vocals in the verses like Axl and Duff did on its so easy)Superunknown by Soundgarden (damn, i can almost hear richard ripping into that intro riff..)Immigrant Song or Black Dog by Led Zeppelin (fuck, both would be sick)EDITBlack Dog with just Axl, Fortus, Tommy and Frank. that would rock hard rock3

I've been wishing they'd (GnR in any format) would cover Black Dog for about 25 years now. I think I'll still be waiting for a while, unfortunately. I'd also love to hear them do Don't Follow by Alice in Chains. But I've always thought that GNR would think it was too similar to Patience.