Covers for the upcoming GNR tour

Guest Sweet Tooth

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was kidding about the Contraband comment. Jeez people can be sensitive about anything to do with the S word.

No the S word doesn't bother me,it seems like every thread is plagued with senseless speculation and aimless arguements,that's what I was aiming at and sorry if it sounded harsh. Don't think any GNR longtime fan can totally hate slash unless they personally know him,he contributed a lot back in the day.I don't like some of the things he has done since leaving GNR but some do,and that is their perogative.I stay clear of his portion of the forum,and tend to stay in this section for news about the current lineup.

I was kidding about the Contraband comment. Jeez people can be sensitive about anything to do with the S word.

No the S word doesn't bother me,it seems like every thread is plagued with senseless speculation and aimless arguements,that's what I was aiming at and sorry if it sounded harsh. Don't think any GNR longtime fan can totally hate slash unless they personally know him,he contributed a lot back in the day.I don't like some of the things he has done since leaving GNR but some do,and that is their perogative.I stay clear of his portion of the forum,and tend to stay in this section for news about the current lineup.

Understandable. I rather hear more about the new lineup myself.

Cool,seems every discussion ends up in a variation of the same old arguements by a handful of people.Wasn't taking shots at you personally.

On topic,GNRs has a myriad of different styles and could do countless songs justice,too many to list.I remember the "It's Alright" cover and laughing at some friends who thought it was a new original.Had to play the actual song off the Sabbath album before they were convinced. :)

Cool,seems every discussion ends up in a variation of the same old arguements by a handful of people.Wasn't taking shots at you personally.

On topic,GNRs has a myriad of different styles and could do countless songs justice,too many to list.I remember the "It's Alright" cover and laughing at some friends who thought it was a new original.Had to play the actual song off the Sabbath album before they were convinced. :)

Reminds me of the time I had to convince one of my friends All Along the Watchtower was written by Dylan and not Hendrix. I would talk about post-GNR Slash but here is not the place.

I'd personally like to see the cover of It's Alright back in the setlist accompanied by a piano solo from Axl and have it lead into November Rain, but then again I guess its kind of pointless to have two keyboardists in your band if your going to play keys so much yourself.

• 2 months later...
Guest Sweet Tooth

bump-to-the-izzump

so far, all we've got is another AC/DC cover, Riff Raff... do we expect others for the NA tour? Once again, what do you wanna hear?!