[FACT] All signs are pointing to a re-release or new material

It's So Easy

It could be possible he's touring to get money to get into a studio. I sincerely doubt the labels giving him much of a budget if he's pitched a new record to them. And we know when Axl needs recording funds- he tours. So, it is possible.

But also, it probably won't happen. Axl doesn't understand the word productive

Plus he is hardly short of cash

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

multi-platinum, dumbass

Not in the U.S. mate

And not that impressive for an album as hyped and anticipated as that.

Uggg. Why are you so obsessed with the "hype" and albums sales? Why is it so important to you to point out that the album didn't sell as well as Axl probably hoped?

I don't get why you have to point out the failures, shortcomings, etc of Axl and the new band on a DAILY BASIS??????

Talk about beating a dead horse.

OK, for you and about five others.

The album didn't sell as well as people had hoped.

Axl hasn't kept the fans as informed as most singers would.

The one album in 15 years things is crazy.

Starting shows two hours late is insane and rude to the fans.

Axl has said a lot of things that have not ended up happening.

Does that cover it? We all agree on those things. Now can we have a discussion about Axl and the band without having to bring up that you feel the album got the most hype in music history, but didn't sell enough copies for your liking, in every post?????

multi-platinum, dumbass

Not in the U.S. mate

And not that impressive for an album as hyped and anticipated as that.

Uggg. Why are you so obsessed with the "hype" and albums sales? Why is it so important to you to point out that the album didn't sell as well as Axl probably hoped?

I don't get why you have to point out the failures, shortcomings, etc of Axl and the new band on a DAILY BASIS??????

Talk about beating a dead horse.

OK, for you and about five others.

The album didn't sell as well as people had hoped.

Axl hasn't kept the fans as informed as most singers would.

The one album in 15 years things is crazy.

Starting shows two hours late is insane and rude to the fans.

Axl has said a lot of things that have not ended up happening.

Does that cover it? We all agree on those things. Now can we have a discussion about Axl and the band without having to bring up that you feel the album got the most hype in music history, but didn't sell enough copies for your liking, in every post?????

I was just addressing the "multi plat" comment. Had nothing to do with wanting the band to fail. It is what it is. You weren't even involved in this conversation at all, so why are you letting "the five of us" (LMFAO, don't know too many gnr fans, do you?) urk you out so bad?

The point is, to the majority of fans, critics, and media, this album is seen as a failure. For reasons mentioned hundreds of times just in this thread alone. The label isn't going to invest in a "rerelease" of a commercial disapointment.

it is because your group has to point out the negative in every topic.

I have a friend who is overweight. But I don't tell him, every day "Boy Joe, you sure are fat."

And when he comes to me and says "I walked a mile yesterday" or "I cut out soda pop from my diet" I don't say "That's awesome, but you still are fat."

Eventually he would say "OK. I know I'm fat. You know I'm fat. Do we have to mention it EVERY F*CKING DAY? Does every conversation we have have to result in you telling me I'm fat?"

If today was Axl's birthday, there would be a ton of "happy birthday" wishes.......and then you and your crew would start chiming in "He is getting so old, shame he hasn't put out more albums" and "Boy, not many years left now to put out music."

I know you guys are all fans and all are hoping for the the best. I just don't get the constant, daily negativity. Would it kill you guys to just go say ONE day where you didn't post something negative?

All of us know how Axl has messed up the old band and the current band. We all know. Even the die-hard axl-lites or whatever you call us.

BUt is it possible for you guys to just occassionally - say one time out of 10 - to not always focus on the negative??????

Just one day a week, don't tell your good friend that he is fat. Congratulate him on walking a mile and giving up soda pop. Talk about the future, his plans, the weather - anything. You don't have to educate him that he is still fat. You can do it!!!!!!

^ it's called being a cynical asshole with a really small penis.

I'm happy with my penis size, therefore I don't complain much.

Kidding obviously.

Having a large one isnt all that is is cracked up to be.

Sure, it's cool to have 10 inches hanging.

But it's hard to by boxers that fit, a lot of pants don't fit well. When I jog, I sometimes get big bruises down by my knees. Sometimes when I fly, the airline makes me purchase two seats. One for me, and one for it.

Having a gigantic penis is cool for the most part. But there are a few downfalls.

It's a FACT that some believe this is going to happen with no word on any re-release from the band???

FACT kind of implies this is all true and official.

Take the FACT of the title. Very fucking misleading.

Bobbo did u not read the fat friend example?

Your friend knows he is fat. You know he is fat. Everybody knows he is fat.

You don't have to tell him every day that he is fat. One day you can focus on the positive things. Maybe he is a great artist. A loyal friend. A great cook (obviously).

Every day doesn't have to be "Joe, I love you my friend. But you are a whale. A real sweat-hog. I almost got lost just trying to walk around you the other day. You look like the male version of Rosie O'Donell."

If you continually focus on the negative, it will consume you.

Positives?

GnR is on tour.

The band sounds tight.

Axl is sounding better and better each show.

Post Rio, the shows are getting great reviews.

Estranged is back in the set.

Unfortunately it is another cover, but there is a new song to hear Axl singing on.

A band member is talking to the media and says they are working on songs.

See how easy that was?

The main reason axl is touring is because of the lawsuit settlement with azoff. They will be no new stuff played on this tour, there might be some songs on Chinese democracy played live that haven't been played live yet but as of new material it is highly unlikely! Once this tour is done I believe we will get something new like an album but that wont be til next year. I want new material played like everyone else but I highly doubt it will happen on this tour.

Oct 28 – Orlando, FL – Amway Center Arena

Oct 29 – Miami, FL – American Airlines Arena

Oct 31 – Greenville, SC – Bi-Lo Center Arena

Nov 02 – Atlanta, GA – Phillips Arena

Nov 04 - Houston, TX – Toyota Center

Nov 05 – Dallas, TX – Gexa Energy Pavillion

Nov 08 - Omaha, NE - CenturyLink Center

Nov 09 - Norman, OK - Lloyd Noble Center

Nov 12 - Kansas City, MO – Sprint Center Arena

Nov 13 - Minneapolis, MN – Target Center Arena

Nov 15 - Rosemont, IL - Allstate Arena

Nov 17 - East Rutherford, NJ - IZOD Center

Nov 19 - Hartford, CT - Comcast Theatre

Nov 20 - Wilkes-Barre, PA - Mohegan Sun Arena at Casey Plaza

Nov 23 - Albany, NY - Times Union Center **

Nov 25 - Worcester, MA - DCU Center

Nov 26 - Camden, NJ - Susquehanna Bank Center

Dec 01 - Auburn Hills, MI - The Palace of Auburn Hills

Dec 02 - Cincinnati, OH - US Bank Arena **

Dec 04 – Nashville, TN - Bridgestone Arena **

Dec 05 – Southaven, MS – Desoto County Civic Center **

Dec 07 - Youngstown, OH - Covelli Centre **

[TBA] – Indianapolis, IN

[TBA] – Denver, CO

Edited by axlr23

The main reason axl is touring is because of the lawsuit settlement with azoff. They will be no new stuff played on this tour, there might be some songs on Chinese democracy played live that haven't been played live yet but as of new material it is highly unlikely! Once this tour is done I believe we will get something new like an album but that wont be til next year. I want new material played like everyone else but I highly doubt it will happen on this tour.

Sure all tracks on CD performed live! No??

Maybe not this year, but the album has been played in total

Edited by silkchild

look I was around for the old band. I wasn't around for Bucket and co. I have been since 2006. I like the new guys, i like CD, and i cherish the old band.

that said, i'm not confident that the U.S. tour is gonna be the place Axl unleashes new stuff. I wish it were so but i have that feeling. You GNR fans know what feeling i'm talking about.

Yeah they're touring. But is it because they WANT to, or HAVE to? More signs point to the latter.

Yes, there are a few positives, but sadly, they get overshawdowed by the negatives. I'm a fan, but I can't lie to myself to pretend like the few positives are overwhelming. I can't just turn a blind eye to it, and be all giddy because he's out playing covers for 75% of the show...again. How are fans suspose to move forward if axl can't? It's a dog eat dog world out there, and celeb or not, you only get what you give.

Oh my gosh. This shouldn't be this hard.

You are not turning a blind eye to anything.

You are just taking one friggen day off from the negativity.

"Yes, there are a few positives"............well there you go. Give those positives the same amount of effort and energy as you do pointing out the negatives.

Axl isn't reading the forum, so he isn't going to read your daily bashing and go "wow, you know what Beta? Bobbo is right. I need to change what I do."

One of the first cars I purchased as a young adult turned into a real lemon. I complained about it all the time. Then my best friend told me "Bro, all your bitching and moaning isn't going to change anything. Shut the f*ck up and move on. Deal with it or buy a different car." And you know what? He was right. Bitching about it and pointing out the negatives every day didn't change anything. It just made me sound bitter to everybody else. So then my attitude was yes, I still had a beater car.....but I had a CAR! And it ran. And it had a stereo. So life wasn't all that bad. I could be taking the bus every day.

Bobbo. It is rock and roll. Axl is just a singer in a band. GnR are a band. This isn't your ex-wife or a family member or friend who decieved you or screwed you out of money.

This is a forum where FANS come to talk about the band. Good and bad. You think Volcano focuses too much on the good and overlooks the bad? Well bro - you guys do the same thing, just the opposite direction.

Obviously it is a free country and open forum, you can post whatever you want.

It would just be cool if 95% of what you posted wasn't with a negative slant. Look at my posts, every once in awhile some forum member will call me an axl-hater. I will chat about the entire package - good and bad. It just brings the forum soul down when you guys are soooooooo negative all the time.

Groghan you're on fucking fire in this thread. Funny stuff.

(Not being sarcastic or cynacle)

I'm trying to wean myself off of my mt dew addiction, so it's been a long day.

I had a post about Gunsguy giving Axl a poor BJ (in relation to the Axl getting mad out of the car at the airport youtube video) that would have been a classic, but I didn't want to get banned. No offense GG - you are a great mod on here, I wish all forum members shared your love of the current band.

Sorry classic. You only thought I was "turning the corner" because I agreed with you on a few things. See, most of the Axl and new band fans on here actually agree with alot of what you and your crew say. We just don't see the point of beating that horse to death. We don't feel the need to come to a GnR forum and bash GnR every day, in every topic.

I like Slash, but I really didn't care for vel revolver. I suppose I could go to the VR section and bash that band. Every day. In every topic. Their two albums sucked, the label dropped them, slash had trouble with yet another lead singer who eventually quit the band. I could go repeat those things in the VR section. Every day, in every topic. But what's the point? Instead I choose to post in a forum of a band that I actually enjoy. Yet, there are actually people that do what I just described. Hard to believe that, but its true.

As for your post. People who are anti-Axl and anti-GnR (current version) arent the only people who are allowed to post their opinions. You have no problem with the guys who bash Axl every day, in every post. On a GnR forum. But you have a problem with people who support Axl and GnR....in a GnR forum. That is so illogical that it is hard to even believe.

You prefer slash and the old GnR more than you do Axl and the current band. But you spend more time in this section rather than the VR or old gunners section.

But ya. I'm going to continue defending Axl and the band, on a GnR forum.

Sorry classic. You only thought I was "turning the corner" because I agreed with you on a few things. See, most of the Axl and new band fans on here actually agree with alot of what you and your crew say. We just don't see the point of beating that horse to death. We don't feel the need to come to a GnR forum and bash GnR every day, in every topic.

I like Slash, but I really didn't care for vel revolver. I suppose I could go to the VR section and bash that band. Every day. In every topic. Their two albums sucked, the label dropped them, slash had trouble with yet another lead singer who eventually quit the band. I could go repeat those things in the VR section. Every day, in every topic. But what's the point? Instead I choose to post in a forum of a band that I actually enjoy. Yet, there are actually people that do what I just described. Hard to believe that, but its true.

As for your post. People who are anti-Axl and anti-GnR (current version) arent the only people who are allowed to post their opinions. You have no problem with the guys who bash Axl every day, in every post. On a GnR forum. But you have a problem with people who support Axl and GnR....in a GnR forum. That is so illogical that it is hard to even believe.

You prefer slash and the old GnR more than you do Axl and the current band. But you spend more time in this section rather than the VR or old gunners section.

I'm right there with you, bud.

It blows my mind, not that contrary sentiment exists, but that it is so prevalent in a fan forum. People just like having bad attitudes, I guess. You hit the nail on the head with the VR allegory.

:thumbsup: Thumbs up. Beautiful Post.

Some people here should indeed shut the fuck up.

I can name about 10 people here that are only good at talking negative shit, but once something goes well you don't see them posting in the threads about it at all.

They should just go cut themselves since they're so full of negativity.

my thing with the non-stop negativity is that everyone on this board knows all this shit. if you guys were half as vigilant in any other aspect of your life you'd be millionaires.

are you afraid we'll forget that Axl took 15 years (in reality 10) to release an album? Or that he's a bit of a drama queen at times, or that he goes on late? we haven't and we won't, your work here is done. Go peacefully into that goodnight.

And I really don't care if you like Slash or not as I have gotten past getting excited when Axl cultists go out of their way to bash Slash as I really don't care if they like him or not. And you know what? since I started ignoring the fans trolling Slash I am much happier. You should give it try you will have much less stress when you realize people who bash Axl should not matter to you.

Haha, you got stressed out from people bashing your hero?

cupcakes coming here with the only purpose of bashing GN'R are not stressful, they don't get me "upset" (as you write later), but they drown out the interesting information and opinions on the forum with their monotonous noise. It is pure garbage, not because their opinions are not valid, but because it is so repetitious and boring. Their purpose is not to add something novel and interesting to the discussion, they are not here to actually discuss a band they are fans of. They are worthless cupcakes with incessant noise making the valuable posts harder to find.

As far as why we are here, we are fans expressing our opinions..

If you only post critical things then you are not a fan but a pathetic cupcake with too much time on your hands.

don't like our opinions go to the HTGTH forum where Axl is pefect.....not going anywhere? then STFU and stop being such a pussy.........

What? Are you serious? You don't agree with the notion that moronic cupcakes who offer nothing of value to the forum should go away? You seriously think that just ignoring them and letting the forum be drowned in cupcake postings is the best option?? Rather than improving the noise-to-signal-ratio and hence making the forum more valuable?

And I really don't care if you like Slash or not as I have gotten past getting excited when Axl cultists go out of their way to bash Slash as I really don't care if they like him or not. And you know what? since I started ignoring the fans trolling Slash I am much happier. You should give it try you will have much less stress when you realize people who bash Axl should not matter to you.

Haha, you got stressed out from people bashing your hero?

cupcakes coming here with the only purpose of bashing GN'R are not stressful, they don't get me "upset" (as you write later), but they drown out the interesting information and opinions on the forum with their monotonous noise. It is pure garbage, not because their opinions are not valid, but because it is so repetitious and boring. Their purpose is not to add something novel and interesting to the discussion, they are not here to actually discuss a band they are fans of. They are worthless cupcakes with incessant noise making the valuable posts harder to find.

As far as why we are here, we are fans expressing our opinions..

If you only post critical things then you are not a fan but a pathetic cupcake with too much time on your hands.

don't like our opinions go to the HTGTH forum where Axl is pefect.....not going anywhere? then STFU and stop being such a pussy.........

What? Are you serious? You don't agree with the notion that moronic cupcakes who offer nothing of value to the forum should go away? You seriously think that just ignoring them and letting the forum be drowned in cupcake postings is the best option?? Rather than improving the noise-to-signal-ratio and hence making the forum more valuable?

Yes I used to let the Axl cultists trolling by bashing Slash piss me off and I used to respond but I finally realized that I did not care if they liked Slash or his music so I started ignoring them and did not get worked up over it I suggest Apollo and anyone else who does not like perceived negative opinions about Axl/NuGuns to do the same..you will be much happier in the end.

All the individuals, including me, that Groghan refers to as cupcakes don't only post negative things about Axl and NuGuns so you are incorrect about that point. I can also say the same thing about some of the Axl cultists here who do the same thing to Slash..............

And I agree that people who cupcake and take personal shots at Axl and the band offer not value but I don't agree that this is the case with the poster you and others accuse of being cupcakes, Bobbo, Sleeper, Sunny Dre, etc. fit this description. We offer our opinions about the band nothing more.......

Again you and the others have a choice to stay here an read the posts that offend you nobody is holding a gun to your heads but whining about it is not going to change the posting habits of the people you attack so who really is offering no value with their posts in this case? But if you insist on staying here you can always put anyone who bothers you on ignore and their posts will be filtered for you...see problem solved mate...........

exactly :thumbsup:

No actually it had nothing to do with you agreeing with me and I could care less if you do agree with me but you actually added opinions to threads recently which were actually interesting reads instead of whining about people bashing Axl but it did not last long....

I don't crticize you or any other poster for posting your/ their opinion about GnR/ NuGnR, postive or negative, only when you sermonize about other posting their opinions you don't agree with. When people get personal about Axl then I agree with you and I agree with you that calling Axl names is juvenile but people posting opinions about Axl not getting on stage on time, no new music, interviews, ChiDem was a flop etc. is not bashing just offering an opposing opinion

As far as why we are here, we are fans expressing our opinions..you may not understand it but then I don't understand why you insist on subjecting yourself to the pain of having to read opinoins whih obviously upset you when you can go to the HTGTH forum and be amoungst like thinking fans where criticism of Axl and NuGuns is not allowed..seems you would be much happier there so you see it works both ways......

Waste your time whining if it gives you pleasure but your wasting your breath as your whining will not prevent posters who are not Axl cultists from posting their opinions

Some people here should indeed shut the fuck up.

I can name about 10 people here that are only good at talking negative shit, but once something goes well you don't see them posting in the threads about it at all.

They should just go cut themselves since they're so full of negativity.

Wah, wah, wah stop picking on Axl..........don't like our opinions go to the HTGTH forum where Axl is pefect.....not going anywhere? then STFU and stop being such a pussy.........

Such big words coming from you. I wasn't talking about Axl sweetheart.

I was talking about negative shit on anything. So I'm gonna repeat myself, and keep it shut please because I ain't moving and I ain't gonna stop.

But thanks for proving my point.

All the individuals, including me, that Groghan refers to as cupcakes don't only post negative things about Axl and NuGuns so you are incorrect about that point.

I haven't mentioned any names so I don't understand how I can be incorrect. I was explicitly talking about the non-fans who come here only to bash, and if you don't belong to that group than clearly you are not one of those I am talking about...

And I agree that people who cupcake and take personal shots at Axl and the band offer not value but I don't agree that this is the case with the posters you and others accuse of being cupcakes

Again, I haven't specifically mentioned anyone by name so I don't understand why you are saying I have accused anyone. I think you confuse me with someone else.

Again you and the others have a choice to stay here an read the posts that offend you nobody is holding a gun to your heads but whining about it is not going to change the posting habits of the people you attack so who really is offering no value with their posts in this case? But if you insist on staying here you can always put anyone who bothers you on ignore and their posts will be filtered for you...see problem solved mate...........

Clearly you didn't grasp the point I was making. Firstly, I don't get "offended" by people making fools of themselves coming to a forum for a band they are not fans of and then wasting their time bashing that band. It doesn't offend me the slightest. Secondly, simply ignoring those that lower the quality of the forum will never be the optimal solution, the noise-to-signal-ratio from non-fans coming here to only bash bash bash will still be bad and serve to drive away any newcomers who come here to support and discuss GN'R. I guess I am just not the kind of guy who closes his eyes to such things.

Edited by SoulMonster

my thing with the non-stop negativity is that everyone on this board knows all this shit. if you guys were half as vigilant in any other aspect of your life you'd be millionaires.

are you afraid we'll forget that Axl took 15 years (in reality 10) to release an album? Or that he's a bit of a drama queen at times, or that he goes on late? we haven't and we won't, your work here is done. Go peacefully into that goodnight.

Whining about posts you don't like is wasting your time mate.........Don't like the posts of certain people don't read them or put them on ignore..pretty simple really.............

Hahahahaha. This coming from the guy who has double digit posts whining to me about how bad my posts are. That is hilarious.

In classics world, he is just telling the truth when he complains about Axl or other posters. But if it is somebody he disagrees with, then they aren't voicing their opinion. They are whining and complaining. Double standard much.

Classic take your own advice about my posts. Continually whining about my posts is not going to change anything. If you don't like them, don't read or put me on ignore. Just like you tell others to do.

So let me get this straight it does not offend you or bother you when people waste their time bashing the band yet you waste your time whinning about the posts you don't care about...your logic, or lack of, eludes me mate.........

I never said it didn't bother me, did I? Since I obviously dislike all the resulting noise I think it is fair to say it bothers me to some extent. At least enough to voice my opinion on the issue.

If you only realized that trying to improve a forum by increasing the signal-to-noise-ration is not necessarily "wasting time", and quite something different from people coming to a forum to WORSEN the signal-to-noise ratio by bashing a band they are not fan of, then perhaps you would grasp it. Just think about it.

So you figure that by complaining or insulting those whose posts you don't like or agree with you are somehow going to improve the "signal to noise ration" of the forum?

I don't think I have been engaged in discussions with any of those I am talking about. Are you one of them? I have no idea.

In general, if people would rise up to the few cupcakes and basically ridicule them away the problem would be solved, yes, but I don't see that happening, unfortunately. What I am trying to do, though, is voice my opinion on a serious subject. I don't know what will come out of it (probably nothing), but I think such meta-discussions about how a forum works, are interesting and important.

..I dunno maybe I am missing something but since it will have zero impact on those you complain about seems to me your just "WORSENING" it by adding to the "noise"... :shrugs:

Meta-discussions about improving a forum is never noise. They are important and should always be encouraged.

Just look at all the useless posts you and I have contributed arguing over nothing trying to out clever the other............

Do we have a history here? I usually don't pay attention to usernames and have no idea if I have argued with you before. It could very well be that you have just posted a lot of noise, but I genuinely believe that my posts have value.