[FACT] All signs are pointing to a re-release or new material

It's So Easy

Lets get back on topic!!

There were just as many (if not more signs) in 2002 regarding an album but even that didn't come into fruition until 6 years later. As for a re-release it is certainly possible but unless if it has new songs I wouldn't want one at all

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish this were true, and I really hope you're right.

But bear in mind Guns haven't toured the US since Chinese was released, I think it's a continuation of that tour.

Although I have to say the stage additions could be promising...

yeah they were like we need something new for tour #14......................inflatable props!!!!

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

?

...is this the new release or has this been discussed already?

Judging by the “setlist” it’s nothing to get excited and widely speculate about. Attitude and Wild Horses? Have they been played in recent history?

Such big words coming from you. I wasn't talking about Axl sweetheart.

I was talking about negative shit on anything. So I'm gonna repeat myself, and keep it shut please because I ain't moving and I ain't gonna stop.

Just stating the obvious mate.......but hey if whining about others opinions or trolling the pre 94 section, instead of offering your opinion, makes you feel good don't let me piss in your cornflakes...carry on

I'm not trolling the pre 94 section, I believe I made 1 post there in quite some time. And that post said something like ''Axl always makes Slash leave''.

So if I'm bashing Slash it's not good, and when I blame Axl it's not good either? I meant what I said in that post, if anyone can make Slash leave it's either Scott or Axl.

Plus, the only one I'm ''whining'' about is star because he's bad at trolling, guys like you usually make some good points when you have something to say.

And yes, over at gunsnfnroses.com I intentionally cupcake to piss some of the guys off.

And you want my opinions (I gave them a few times), I'll list them:

I like ''Old Guns''.

I like ''New Guns'', maybe a bit more because I got into the new band before I got into the old band.

I love UYI I & II, those albums are epic.

I like LIES, Chinese Democracy & Appetite.

TSI? not so much.

The only thing I don't like about Appetite is that it sounds a bit dated, but hey it was 1987. No one's to blame.

I prefer Ron over Bucket.

I like Duff McKagan's Loaded.

I never liked Matt ''BARON VON STORM'' Sorum.

I like some of VR's work.

I like Slash's solo album, but I think he would've done better if he just stuck with 1 singer. So I'm certainly gonna listen to his new album with Myles.

My 5 all-time favorite GN'R songs are: Don't Damn Me, Locomotive, Oh My God, Chinese Democracy and Rocket Queen.

I prefer GN'R live over studio.

Even tho Slash was a huge part of GN'R I think his solo's in Slither and Serial Killer are his best yet.

I think Axl is lazy and could've kicked some serious ass at Rio if he just would've rehearsed and stayed in shape.

I think Jarmo is a ....... (many words to use there but none of them wouldn't get me a warning)

I believe Chinese Democracy is overproduced.

That's about it for now.

Meta-discussions about improving a forum is never noise. They are important and should always be encouraged.

Meta-discussions?...Lets not get carried away mate it is a geeky fan forum after all...it should not have any impact on anyones life here other than to have some fun and have some civil debates....if it does impact anyones life, IMHO, that person needs to step away from the keyboard and re-evaluate what is going on in their lives as they are taking this shit way too serious.........

Of course it shouldn't affect anyones' lives. But what has this to do with anything I wrote? Is this what is called "a deflection"?

I'm not going to jump into this debate, as it's just the same thing as has been done a million times before... myself included definitely, but I just want to say that say you're a fan of the old band primarily but you still like Slash and Axl what forum can you talk about them? The original gunners section is your answer, right? Obviously and I understand that. But how lively is that section? Like three posts a day. This section is really the main section for everything. If there was a hypothetical reunion... we would talk about it here. If Axl were to talk about Slash or Duff this is where we'd talk about it. If GNR were to play with Izzy again, this is where most of the conversation would be. This section is the most alive section on the board and in the entire GNR online fan world in my opinion so of course the fans who mostly prefer the old band will end up here since this is where the band is talked about. It's just that some disagree with most of what GNR is doing nowadays. That's not going to change. Just sayin'.

If they keep trolling a section with irrelevant threads they should be banned, don't you think? I mean, if relavant sections are made for their topics then they should stay there, not add noise to other sections?

And why don't they just go to gunsnfnroses.com, a forum dedicated primarily to old guns? Why keep trolling a section of this forum dedicated to new guns? It is so childish.

So who determines who is a cupcake and what is trolling? and does this only apply to people who are perceived to be bashing Axl and NuGuns? you might be more fair about it but there are some here, like Volcano, who would like to make this place another HTGTH forum where any perceived criticism of Axl and NuGuns is a bannable offense......you see the problem here?

If they want mygnr to become htgth they should just migrate to htgth, it seems so much easier ;). But yeah, I agree with you. Criticism must be allowed and should quite frankly be part of any serious fan board. At least I think so, and hence that's how my own forum, Appetite for Discussion, works. The problem starts when people come with the only intent of bashing a band they are no more fans of (e.g. fans of old guns who are bitter and just come to complain, and fans of a dream of what new guns should be but hasn't). I am not saying there are many of these, but they come here occasionally and they make A LOT of noise. In addition I believe a real fan is supportive of their band. This should translate to them actually primarily posting positive posts, notwithstanding the occasional criticism when it is warranted. People who ONLY complain are either not fans or have some serious personality disorder.

not an easy task and personally I like a forum which gives us the freedom to express our opinions...you will always get some whose only mission is to cupcake and be an ass but the majority of posters here that others keep cliaming are cupcakes are just expressing their opinions nothing more.

At times I feel that mygnr is not very supportive of GN'R, it seems overrun by non-fans who are only here to complain. A fan forum shouldn't be like that, that's an anti-fan forum. And the reason is that all the incessant and unjustified negativity scares away many fans who would otherwise contribute and make the place valuable. In other words, I feel the balance between being supporting and being critical is off at times. In 2011 with CD released and GN'R touring world-wide doing great concerts I think the mood at fan forums should reflect this, people should be content and eager about the future, not complain about every trivial detail ;).

I just pointed out the obvious that whining about it will not change their behavior nor should it and that if it really bothers you and the others so much you have an alternative to filter out the people who offend you or you can go to a forum which does not allow any dissent or start your own forum and make the rules...nothing very deep about what I propose just common sense............

I have my own forum :). But I come here occasionally, as I also spend time on other fora.