Axl furious

montrealrocks

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like how people have no idea what bipolar disorder is. First of all, Axl's not manic there. Second of all, you don't cycle hourly when you have bipolar disorder. The manic episodes last days, not a minute.

Axl's got strong convictions and an authoritative voice. That's why you love him.

I like how people have no idea what bipolar disorder is. First of all, Axl's not manic there. Second of all, you don't cycle hourly when you have bipolar disorder. The manic episodes last days, not a minute.

Axl's got strong convictions and an authoritative voice. That's why you love him.

With all due respect, sometimes it really does just last a minute. It's like a minute of explosion and then the next minute is either bitterness or pleasant conversation.

He was pissed at the guy opening the door , you can clearly see him looking at him. For someone to go off like that to a stranger ,jeez..

I honestly think it was compounded with the Rio show though. I think he wanted to get the fuck out of there and I don't blame him.

With all due respect, sometimes it really does just last a minute. It's like a minute of explosion and then the next minute is either bitterness or pleasant conversation.

No, it doesn't. You don't know what you're talking about. With all due respect. It would behoove you to perhaps spend 5 minutes googling. Just a thought.

Criteria for Manic Episode (DSM-IV, p. 332)

A. A distinct period of abnormally and persistently elevated, expansive, or irritable mood, lasting at least 1 week (or any duration if hospitalization is necessary).

B. During the period of mood disturbance, three (or more) of the following symptoms have persisted (four if the mood is only irritable) and have been present to a significant degree:

inflated self-esteem or grandiosity

decreased need for sleep (e.g., feels rested after only 3 hours of sleep)

more talkative than usual or pressure to keep talking

flight of ideas or subjective experience that thoughts are racing

distractibility (i.e., attention too easily drawn to unimportant or irrelevant external stimuli)

increase in goal-directed activity (either socially, at work or school, or sexually) or psychomotor agitation

excessive involvement in pleasurable activities that have a high potential for painful consequences (e.g., engaging in unrestrained buying sprees, sexual indiscretions, or foolish business investments)

No, it doesn't. You don't know what you're talking about. With all due respect. It would behoove you to perhaps spend 5 minutes googling. Just a thought.

Criteria for Manic Episode (DSM-IV, p. 332)

A. A distinct period of abnormally and persistently elevated, expansive, or irritable mood, lasting at least 1 week (or any duration if hospitalization is necessary).

B. During the period of mood disturbance, three (or more) of the following symptoms have persisted (four if the mood is only irritable) and have been present to a significant degree:

inflated self-esteem or grandiosity

decreased need for sleep (e.g., feels rested after only 3 hours of sleep)

more talkative than usual or pressure to keep talking

flight of ideas or subjective experience that thoughts are racing

distractibility (i.e., attention too easily drawn to unimportant or irrelevant external stimuli)

increase in goal-directed activity (either socially, at work or school, or sexually) or psychomotor agitation

excessive involvement in pleasurable activities that have a high potential for painful consequences (e.g., engaging in unrestrained buying sprees, sexual indiscretions, or foolish business investments)

Because I should trust Google over my own personal experiences with living with three bipolar family members? Nah, not a chance.

[Edit] None of what you posted contradicted what I said...

Edited by Kill Devil Hill

Because I should trust Google over my own personal experiences with living with three bipolar family members? Nah, not a chance.

The bottom line is biploar disorder is NOT characterized by 1 minute outbursts. Whether or not you choose to accept that is irrelevant. If you had actually read my quote, you'd see I quoted the DSM IV. Your refusal to google shows what this is about though. You made up your own definition and aren't willing to discover what the actual diagnosis might be for Axl.

Edited by Popcorn's Timbre

The bottom line is biploar disorder is NOT characterized by 1 minute outbursts. Whether or not you choose to accept that is irrelevant. If you had actually read my quote, you'd see I quoted the DSM IV. Your refusal to google shows what this is about though. You made up your own definition and aren't willing to discover what the actual diagnosis might be for Axl.

I didn't say that one minute outbursts = bipolar. Just like insomnia =/= bipolar, but both happen when you're bipolar.

I read your link. I didn't see a contradiction...

Really? Because what you said was: sometimes it really does just last a minute. It's like a minute of explosion and then the next minute is either bitterness or pleasant conversation.

To which i included this as a part of my quote about what an actual manic episode is: A distinct period of abnormally and persistently elevated, expansive, or irritable mood, lasting at least 1 week (or any duration if hospitalization is necessary)

But at this point I can see you're just living in your own world of made-up definitions and trolling me.

Axl having an argument and saying fuck a couple times doesn't equal a manic episode. Sorry to break it to you.

Really? Because what you said was: sometimes it really does just last a minute. It's like a minute of explosion and then the next minute is either bitterness or pleasant conversation.

To which i included this as a part of my quote about what an actual manic episode is: A distinct period of abnormally and persistently elevated, expansive, or irritable mood, lasting at least 1 week (or any duration if hospitalization is necessary)

But at this point I can see you're just living in your own world of made-up definitions and trolling me.

Axl having an argument and saying fuck a couple times doesn't equal a manic episode. Sorry to break it to you.

What? I said sometimes bipolar people have one minute outbursts and are fine the next moment. I didn't say it was a freaking manic episode.

Why do you accuse every single person you disagree with of being a cupcake?

What? I said sometimes bipolar people have one minute outbursts and are fine the next moment. I didn't say it was a freaking manic episode.

Why do you accuse every single person you disagree with of being a cupcake?

Well since you refuse to read the internationally accepted & recognized DSM, the point is moot.

Sometimes "normal" people have one minute outbursts and then are fine the next moment. Just fyi there, chief.

I react this way everyday of my life, does that make me bi polar??

Haha. I'm not sure if you're serious or not. A lot of people have insomnia all the time, too. Doesn't necessarily mean anything. ;)

[Edit] @Popcorn I didn't say I was diagnosing him off of a freaking one minute outburst; I was just saying that they do in fact do that a lot. I know normal people do it, too, it's just they seem to do it more often and with more intensity. You said bipolar people don't have one-minute outbursts. I was just saying that they do. Please stop twisting my words.

The uploader explains it all in Spanish under the youtube video, translations?

Then the car went to the main entrance of the airport. The security that we pushed for us to come and they could leave ... But it took all so much and became so dense that Axl got mad and ended all alone down the car ... That's what happened, nothing serious. It is known as bipolar Axl, and if the situation seemed to me funny. It was fun lol.

MichelleHeartless 8 minutes ago

I explain the situation:

Axl got in his car to the airport in Rosario, to take his private jet. The problem was that it had enabled the door by which he was to enter in particular, in addition to crying and histeriqueo a couple who always have to ruin things. I do not think the car had gone down ... But at least it would have been angry as well, since at first greeted him through the car and laughed a lot. Then the situation began to become angry ...

well, that's the translation...

The uploader explains it all in Spanish under the youtube video, translations?

I explain the situation:

Axl got in his car to the airport in Rosario, to take his private jet. The problem was that it had enabled the door by which he was to enter in particular, in addition to crying and histeriqueo a couple who always have to ruin things. I do not think the car had gone down ... But at least it would have been angry as well, since at first greeted him through the car and laughed a lot. Then the situation began to become angry ...

Then the car went to the main entrance of the airport. The security that we pushed for us to come and they could leave ... But it took all so much and became so dense that Axl got mad and ended all alone down the car ... That's what happened, nothing serious. It is known as bipolar Axl, and if the situation seemed to me funny. It was fun lol.

beat me

I would struggle to call this English.

Can someone transliterate this for me? I can't make heads or tails.

what did he say?

keep away from me you fuckhead?

get away from me you fuckhead?

..get the fuck away from me - you fucking idiot.

Seems he was pissed that someone walked towards the door, Axl was about to climb out of.

He appears to open the front door, maybe he had no idea who was sitting in the rear. He don't appear to have a clue.

..as per usual, Axl cementing the fact he is never really happy with anything :D

Edited by star

I would struggle to call this English.

Can someone transliterate this for me? I can't make heads or tails.

First:

then

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gY2XtXhpq0k

Here is what happened:

Axl arrived in this car to the Rosario airport to get to his private jet. The problem was that the airport entrance for wich he should went to avoid fans, papparazzis etc wasnt open, also add the nonstop yelling of the fans (there is allways some of them that ruins it for the rest). He was smiling all the time through the glass, and saying hi to all the fans, but the security took soooo long to get everything ready (we just saw a few secs, but it was a lot of time) that he got pissed of waiting and decided to go out and walk his own way to the jet. Not more not less, he got angry to the security guys cause they didnt know what to do and how to controll the situation. :shrugs:

I think I'm qualified to make an educated guess here seeing as how I've been a fan of Axl Rose since the late 80's and I myself, am bi-polar. When I think of all of the ways Axl's behaved both on and off the stage, it's like looking into a mirror. If Axl doesn't suffer from manic depression then he's doing a great job pretending he is.

That's just my observation.

It is known as bipolar Axl

I don't think Axl is bipolar

I do and before he left for LA, he was diagnosed as one. I really don't know why people want to deny it either.

I think Axl himself deny it during fan chats in 2008 or in his open letter same year.

I don't think Axl is bipolar

I do and before he left for LA, he was diagnosed as one. I really don't know why people want to deny it either.

I think Axl himself deny it during fan chats in 2008 or in his open letter same year.

HERE IT IS. SECOND CHAT.

I've not been diagnosed as being bipolar though many misconstrue statements I made earlier as alluding to such and unfortunately there's been an abundance of misguided or unqualified speculation of various events but I definitely can relate to needing my own space.

In my world all bi polar means (and not to offend or make light of those suffering from a genuine condition or involved with those who are) is that someone can try to take cheap uneducated shots or try to claim I'm bipolar thus justifying why they should get paid a financial settlement for whatever nonsense they're up to. Fortunately that hasn't proved successful.