Newbie with a couple of quick questions.

GNR_Orlando

Im not sure if this is a "Dont Ask Dont Tell" topic, but I was wondering when GNR gets to there location, if they are autograph friendly?

Im not trying to be a stalker or anything, I was just wondering if they will sign. I have noticed several videos of Axl signing a few autographs here or there (Airport, Outside Hotel, ect.) on YouTube and was wondering if anyone here has gotten Axl's signature.

When I have gotten autographs in the past (Mostly Sports stars), Its in a much more controlled enviornment, such as an autograph show, or when they enter the stadium, or at a fan fest. Anyway assuming they do sign an autograph once and a while, what are the does and donts? Also does anyone know if the Guitar players in the band have a history of stopping at say Guitar Center, for a breif autograph session to promote the show?

Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated.

Some members like to hang around the hotels and such, DJ, Ron alot. The others can be found as well. They don't mind signing for ya.

Axl, much harder to get although some forum members have had luck after shows. He is kinda hit and miss if you see him or not, sometimes he leaves right away, sometimes he does not leave for hours.

Some members like to hang around the hotels and such, DJ, Ron alot. The others can be found as well. They don't mind signing for ya.

Axl, much harder to get although some forum members have had luck after shows. He is kinda hit and miss if you see him or not, sometimes he leaves right away, sometimes he does not leave for hours.

This. Fortus and Tommy are known to be pretty kind to the fans as well.

Of the forum members that have met Axl over the past couple years...I can't recall anyone having a bad story about him or anything, he's just much harder to catch for sure.

This. Fortus and Tommy are known to be pretty kind to the fans as well.

Of the forum members that have met Axl over the past couple years...I can't recall anyone having a bad story about him or anything, he's just much harder to catch for sure.

I assume they do an afternoon soundcheck right? Or do they arrive just before the shows?? I would like to cruise up there in the afternoon and check out the scene.

Im not sure if this is a "Dont Ask Dont Tell" topic, but I was wondering when GNR gets to there location, if they are autograph friendly?

Im not trying to be a stalker or anything, I was just wondering if they will sign. I have noticed several videos of Axl signing a few autographs here or there (Airport, Outside Hotel, ect.) on YouTube and was wondering if anyone here has gotten Axl's signature.

When I have gotten autographs in the past (Mostly Sports stars), Its in a much more controlled enviornment, such as an autograph show, or when they enter the stadium, or at a fan fest. Anyway assuming they do sign an autograph once and a while, what are the does and donts? Also does anyone know if the Guitar players in the band have a history of stopping at say Guitar Center, for a breif autograph session to promote the show?

When I first saw GN'R in 07 I waited until after the show and got my photo taken with Ron, Robin and Frank. They were all awesome. The next show, 2 days later, I got to meet the rest of them at a Party. Axl included. They are all pretty easy and I saw they were quick to sign autographs for people and would have a beer with most.

So from my experience, post show is the best time to meet them. But, in saying that I met Duff before a VR show in 04/05 (can't remember).

When I first saw GN'R in 07 I waited until after the show and got my photo taken with Ron, Robin and Frank. They were all awesome. The next show, 2 days later, I got to meet the rest of them at a Party. Axl included. They are all pretty easy and I saw they were quick to sign autographs for people and would have a beer with most.

So from my experience, post show is the best time to meet them. But, in saying that I met Duff before a VR show in 04/05 (can't remember).

I think after show would be best also, but its gonna be cold in Nov in CHicago for me, but fuck i need to fuckin meet axl one time!

I think after show would be best also, but its gonna be cold in Nov in CHicago for me, but fuck i need to fuckin meet axl one time!

I hope you do. He is a nice bloke.

In general, artists get to a venue around 1-2 PM and stay there for the whole day, they might not come out of the bus until 3, and there's usually a few people there hanging out. A rehearsal can go for an hour, but some rehearsals have pushed a show back because they went on for 2-3 hours. Sometimes bands try to come up with new stuff on the road, try something out that they might or might not play that night. One of the best things to experience is a band rehearsing for a tour. The stage might or might not be set up, but they could wind up doing songs that might not make it on the setlist. Some people do get in to see rehearsals, but at outdoor shows, you can usually hear it pretty clearly.

Some venues have the tour buses right there, and they have to pass past the fans. Others have the tour buses fenced in, and the artists would have to come out to be able to interact. I would check to see the venue setup on that prior to the day of the show. Security might give you the "this is private property" rap, but most of them just hang out making sure no one gets past without ID. If a band is expected to have rowdy fans, usually the security company has more people that night than they have at other shows, but they usually come there a half hour before doors open and do their huddle.

Bands can leave any time from as soon as the last song is on and they're done, to the sun coming up. So you could be talking about a 14 hour waiting game, minus the show itself.

Stalkers or hardcore fans who see a band multiple times, usually know what hotel they're staying in. It could be an hour away from the venue, or it could be within walking distance. Usually if someone's in a limo, they're in a hotel or taking a plane from show to show. If they're taking a plane, odds are they could be flying in to the small regional airport.

The dos and don'ts - sometimes there's someone there that tells people to line up and tell them one thing signed at a time, they will or won't take pics, they will or won't sign autographs and just going take pictures. Sometimes they just enjoy talking to people from different parts of the country or world and want to know what's to do around there, if they've never been there before.

If you do go in the afternoon, I would just check it out for 2 hours, leave around 4:30, then come back to see the show, depending how easy it is to get in and out of there and how close you live. Bring your own markers, and bring more than 1, even if the artists have one. Sometimes they get one and it runs out of ink and will go "sorry" and leave, until someone gives them another marker. Sometimes you'll get it back, and if you're hitting up the whole band for sigs, you might wind up becoming a marker supplier, so you might want to come with 3 or 4. Usually they'll have marker in hand, or the tour manager or personal assistant has one.

Every band is different, but anyone who sees them multiple times and hung out at the shows pretty much knows their itinerary.