Axl and Dj on That Metal Show

Spirit

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Axl on Stardom:

ok thats all I got, thanks for posting the VH1 links, sorry for the quality of rips but well, soon enough we will have the real deal :)

You can see that he is still the same guy, he wants his private things to stay private.

Totally. Avoiding answering the question and making a joke instead. I really respect him for wanting his private life to stay private though.

Why is DJ Ashba there?

I think that's because Axl didn't want to be the only one there...and be in the center of attention...even though he's obviously going to be...I mean last time he had Baz with him...and Baz is definitely a lot more talkative guy than Ashba...but I totally understand DJ in that position...Axl wanted him to come but I think he knew quite well that most of the attention is going to be on Axl...and that's reasonable...DJ does plenty of interviews...I think he's there because he's a good friend...also I think that by being with DJ together in the first interview over a decade...it's the best opportunity to introduce the new lead guitarist to the people who are still unaware ...that's my opinion

Edited by ppruks

Why is DJ Ashba there?

I think that's because Axl didn't want to be the only one there...and be in the center of attention...even though he's obviously going to be...I mean last time he had Baz with him...and Baz is definitely a lot more talkative guy than Ashba...but I totally understand DJ in that position...Axl wanted him to come but I think he knew quite well that most of the attention is going to be on Axl...and that's reasonable...DJ does plenty of interviews...I think he's there because he's a good friend...also I think that by being with DJ together in the first interview over a decade...it's the best opportunity to introduce the new lead guitarist to the people who are still unaware ...that's my opinion

I know....I was kinda laughing to myself though. Does anyone here want to hear DJ speak during this interview? I mean Trunk (anyone) can get a DJ interview whenever. All we want is to hear Axl.

Why is DJ Ashba there?

I know....I was kinda laughing to myself though. Does anyone here want to hear DJ speak during this interview? I mean Trunk (anyone) can get a DJ interview whenever. All we want is to hear Axl.

Top hat was the missing icon of 2002 n' 2006 line up. It's one of the strongest brands of GNR that has been lost, it's resurrected.

Axl on Stardom:

ok thats all I got, thanks for posting the VH1 links, sorry for the quality of rips but well, soon enough we will have the real deal :)

LOL!!! Silence of the Lamb dance

:lol:

EPIC!!!

Thanks GG.

Probably the best thing that has happened besides the album coming out and touring. So glad we get to see more of Axl's personality, he seems really charismatic.

Axl = charismatic is an understatement.

Axl on CD and the pressure of releasing it:

That is so funny, I made a post exactly like that over at the newgnr board when I was under the name "Guns N Zeppelin" back in 06, wonder if Axl is talking bout that :o

It's got to be! I wonder how much he reads? By the way, Steven who?

Axl on CD and the pressure of releasing it:

That is so funny, I made a post exactly like that over at the newgnr board when I was under the name "Guns N Zeppelin" back in 06, wonder if Axl is talking bout that :o

It's got to be! I wonder how much he reads? By the way, Steven who?

I assumed it's Steven Adler, since his first album after leaving GNR didn't come out until Adler's Appetite EP in 2005.

By the way, I love how he so loosely throws out "there was a post" as if everybody would be in on what he was talking about. I bet he's here more than we think.

I agree...I mean a post is very obvious forum lingo...and for some reason I think that Axl would rather read this forum than HTGTH or any of the other stuff, I might be flat out wrong though... but despite of all of the ridiculousness that sometimes goes on here, I still think this is the best Gn'R forum out there....I think he's very aware what the word on the street is or what people are talking about....he said he hated the internet but if i've figured out .5% of W. Axl Rose then I know this for sure that the guy is curious...they way he interacts with people and the way he writes stuff everything points to that...and for a guy that's that curious...I'd say it's pretty hard to stay off the internet even if it's complete garbage ur reading, ur still going to fucking read it...I know this from first hand, too many times...too many long hours reading straight up internet insanity