Axl really found his look on this tour!

Guns n' Swedes

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think he looks good now probably because Jarmo is touring with the band and adding fashion tips and probably has a lot of influence on what Axl wears.

Didn't Jarmo have a job at one point?

I wanna know what the job titles are for Jarmo, Del, and Fernando. All awesome guys, I just wanna know exactly what their job titles are while on tour.

Fernando is probably a general assistant for Axl, we know he's in charge of GnR Facebook, I bet he also helps in a general way.

I always get a kick out of the subtle homo jokes whenever Axl's appearance is brought up. There is nothing gay about men talking about how another man looks. When it is "that guy looks like such a bad ass" it's fine. But when it is "he kind of looks fat and has weird style" it's gay. Nonsense. His look has always been a huge part of his persona. It is a valid topic point. It gets a little too in depth sometimes, but that's stalker creepy, not gay.

I don't agree. I haven't discussed his looks, or the looks of any other musician, no matter what shape they were in. He could come out at 560 pounds in a tutu and I would still spend my time concentrating on what he sounded like. To each their own, I guess.

I always get a kick out of the subtle homo jokes whenever Axl's appearance is brought up. There is nothing gay about men talking about how another man looks. When it is "that guy looks like such a bad ass" it's fine. But when it is "he kind of looks fat and has weird style" it's gay. Nonsense. His look has always been a huge part of his persona. It is a valid topic point. It gets a little too in depth sometimes, but that's stalker creepy, not gay.

I don't agree. I haven't discussed his looks, or the looks of any other musician, no matter what shape they were in. He could come out at 560 pounds in a tutu and I would still spend my time concentrating on what he sounded like. To each their own, I guess.

That might disappoint Axl considering how much he has worked on his look through the years.

That might disappoint Axl considering how much he has worked on his look through the years.

I don't see it being too much of a challenge to throw on the same clothes every day.

I don't see it being too much of a challenge to throw on the same clothes every day.

Maybe not now, but earlier he has been pretty much begging people to pay attention to his style. And it was awesome.

Maybe not now, but earlier he has been pretty much begging people to pay attention to his style. And it was awesome.

Meh, I guess I've been to distracted by his singing to pay attention.

Of course you care. Why would you go to see him live if you didn't care about the visual experience???? You don't have to be a fashion guru in order to care.

Of course you care. Why would you go to see him live if you didn't care about the visual experience???? You don't have to be a fashion guru in order to care.

The audio experience is nowhere near as good anywhere else but live. What are you smoking?

Hey guys, Damn_Smooth isn't gay. In case you didn't know that, he's not gay and has never looked at a man before. He's super not gay, promise guys.

Cool story Stro :thumbsup: . It's not about being gay, it's about not giving a shit about what Axl looks like. I only care what he sounds like. If looks are more important to you, that's your issue to deal with. If you're questioning your sexuality because of it, I really don't care about that either.

Edited by Damn_Smooth

Hey guys, Damn_Smooth isn't gay. In case you didn't know that, he's not gay and has never looked at a man before. He's super not gay, promise guys.

Cool story Stro :thumbsup: . It's not about being gay, it's about not giving a shit about what Axl looks like. I only care what he sounds like. If looks are more important to you, that's your issue to deal with. If you're questioning your sexuality because of it, I really don't care about that either.

I'm not questioning anything. You are kind of coming off as that guy who makes sure everyone knows he loves vagina when no one asked. My whole point that is there is nothing gay about talking about Axl's look. Then you pop in just to let people know you haven't even noticed how he looks because you don't pay attention to that stuff. Out of the blue, with no one accusing you of anything. There are no issues with your sexuality or mine. You seem to have some kind of issue with people caring about what a rock star frontman looks like.

I'm not questioning anything. You are kind of coming off as that guy who makes sure everyone knows he loves vagina when no one asked. My whole point that is there is nothing gay about talking about Axl's look. Then you pop in just to let people know you haven't even noticed how he looks because you don't pay attention to that stuff. Out of the blue, with no one accusing you of anything. There are no issues with your sexuality or mine. You seem to have some kind of issue with people caring about what a rock star frontman looks like.

I only stated my opinion on the topic, I wasn't calling anybody gay or stating my love of vagina. I don't think of Axl's looks, I think of his voice. I don't know why that is a problem for anybody.

Back on this topic again? Honestly?? :xmassrudolph:

For some reason, the MYGNR community (The majority of which are male.) loves to discuss Axl's looks. I don't get it either.

Personally,Id rather save my long lingering looks for a delicious delectable of the female persuasion,but that's just me. I can only imagine that the guys gazing are trying to pick up fashion tips? Fuck it,wear what you like and be original.I could care less what people think,or what peer pressure might try to dictate. I get going to the gigs,but I don't get the analyzation of clothing to this degree,kinda creepy.

I agree with the OP. Axl's look now is awesome. Most of all cause it's "durable". I can easily imagine him in 5-10 years time jumping on stage and still just looking like a great ol' veteran rock legend in just some torn jeans, a t-shirt, leather jacket, shades and fedora/bandanna. Axl probably did look the most "pulled together" in 06/07- but there was something about it that struck me as a bit "forced" and as kind of a "Bon Jovi" soccer mom hearththrob look or something though... The great thing about Axl IMHO is that he's always had his legions of female fans without even needing to do all that primping, etc. The 2009-present version is much more him IMHO.

As far as all-time goes- LOVED the late Illusions era when he was wearing the GN'R shorts and Manson (Charlie Don't Surf) t-shirts, unshaven with the backwards hat, bandanna and "AXL" high-tops. BAD ASS! :thumbsup:

Edited by AXL_N_DIZZY